My Sweet Boyfriend

The Anatomy of Jung Daehyun
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Only my footsteps could be heard as I walked back and forth in front of my dongsaeng’s room. It had taken me an hour before finding the guts to return the photo card to her. That poor Krystal, believe me, I didn’t have any intention of snatching your hubby from you, but couldn't she just lend him to me even just for once? I placed the card in my pocket and inhaled almost all the air I could breathe before knocking on her door.

Nobody answered, so I slowly opened the door and poked my head in to take a peek. She was busy reading some magazines on her bed.

I walked in and in a matter of seconds stepped on something glossy, which made my fall to the floor. I winced in pain, Ow! What was that thing? I caressed my and was surprised to see several magazines scattered on the floor! It almost filled the entire surface of her floor.

Her eyes widened as she saw me stumble on the ground. “Unnie?” She immediately pulled out the earphones which were stuck in her ears, then stood up to help me.

“What’s with all these magazines?” It was my first time to enter her room and believe me, it was the opposite of the first impression I had of her. Posters stuck everywhere, clothes piled up on the corner of her room, magazines on the floor. I guess this was the reason why she always stayed in my room.

Her foot shoved away the magazines that were interfering our way as she assisted me to her bed. I rested my on the comfy cottons, it was heaven.

She sat beside me. “I’m so sorry for the mess unnie. It's been centuries since I cleaned this place up.”

Don’t tell me you’re accepting little visitors to stay with you in this room? My eyes drifted to the magazines on the floor and I picked up one that caught my attention.

“Boyfriends and Girlfriends?” What a peculiar book. “What is this thing you are reading?”

“Ahhh! That’s… some interesting things boyfriends and girlfriends do,” she replied shyly.

“Do you have a boyfriend?” I asked in curiosity while flipping the pages.

“I do have one…” I stopped flipping the pages and shifted my eyes to her.

“Waaa! You do? Tell me, tell me.”

“It’s uhm… a one-sided relationship. The only thing I can do is watch him from afar.” Awww. What a melodramatic story she had there. It was exactly the same thing for us… Kris and I. I knew exactly everything about him: his birthday, his favorite foods, color, address, weight, height… but oh well, I guess this was a fangirl’s life.

I lifted the magazine that caught my interest. “Can I borrow this one?”

She nodded in excitement. “Sure, sure! Of course you can. Why? Did you get yourself something in Hanyang?” She inched her face closer to mine. Yes, I did get myself into… trouble in Hanyang. I shook my head and bid her goodnight as I walked out of the jungle.

I went back to my room and jumped on my bed, and the card suddenly slipped out from my pocket. Omo! I had forgotten to return the card! Aish! It was my that crashed not my head. I was too carried away by those magazines, and so I promised myself I'd return it to her tomorrow.

“Boyfriends and Girlfriends,” I read the title of the magazine as I flipped the pages of the book open and visualized the content.

“It is true love that binds a man and a woman. Boyfriends never ever ever let a single mosquito land on their girlfriend. They don’t want to let a single speck of dirt touch their girlfriend’s skin. They don’t let even a single drop of sweat fall down from her forehead.” Awww. This was so sweet. I opened my mouth wide and yawned. I was so sleepy; this boyfriend-girlfriend thingy ws nice but at the same time weird, and I didn’t even

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter