Spy

The Anatomy of Jung Daehyun
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Did I really have to do this? There was no choice, I had to find out who Daehyun really was, and today was the day that everything would be revealed.

Brown detective's hat... Check!

Short pink wig... Check!

Detective suit... Check!

And, last but not the least, I grabbed the sunglasses off the table and positioned them on my face while staring at my whole body in front of the large mirror.

I really did look like a detective, the ones you see on television. I had this inspiration from SHINee's Sherlock MV when they dressed up like Sherlock Holmes, the only difference was that I was investigating a jerk rather than a ghost.

I snickered to myself, how silly of me to do this. Don't worry Eubin, it's called investigating, not stalking. Investigating.

I made sure that no one was around when I walked out of my room. It sure would be embarrassing if they caught me wearing this ridiculous outfit, more ridiculous than what I wore the last time I was hiding from those scary girls. Hmmm. I Hadn't seen them around lately.

Detective Eubin out for a mission today!

I ran to the door and went outside. Himchan's house was close. There was no sign of life inside.

"Unnie!" I turned to see Krystal running out of the house.

"You forgot this..." She reached out for a book and pen, but I shook my head and refused to accept it.

"Thanks sis, but I'll be using my phone instead of jotting down notes."

"Ahh no! This is for the autograph I asked you for last night."

Ahhh. Yes. I did remember it now. She let me borrow her detective stuff in exchange for something, of course. Aigoo, kids these days. Nothing was free in this world anymore.

"Of course! If I meet ZELOOO today," I accepted it and placed it in my bag. A wide grin formed on her face.

"Kamsahamnida unnie!" She rubbed her finger against her lips, "I'll buy a frame and then hang it on my room's wall."

I never thought she was this crazy. Her acts were a bit different when it was Daehyun; now it had gotten even worse.

"Am I still recognizable with this suit?"

She paused and thought for a moment, staring me down from head to toe.

"Hmmmm," she then shook her head, "No. As long as you don't speak, everything will be perfect."

I heaved out a breath, "That's good to know."

"Hey unnie, you haven't told me who you'll be stalking today."

I leaned forward to whisper, "You may not want to know who it is."

"Jeez. Just enjoy stalking and tell me about it later."

I nodded, "And it's investigating, not stalking. Bye!"

I then started to walk. Today was a good day to stroll around the city, with the clouds slightly covering the sun making it even more comfortable for me to wear this getup.

Okay. Now to go see Jung Daehyun. I texted him last night and asked if we could meet at the bubble tea store. I went to the shop quickly and found him sitting inside, glancing at his watch from time to time. He must have been waiting for several minutes.

I hid behind a carparked across from the store and laughed at my plan. Hahaha! The start of Detective Eubin's mysterious case featuring the anatomy of Jung Daehyun. Fighting!

I grabbed my phone to call him and he immediately picked up.

"Yah!" I quickly moved the phone away from my ear. His voice was so loud. "You said we'll meet at 9! Look at the time now. Aish!"

I peeked over the car and saw him answering his phone impatiently.

"Mianhae! I can't make it. I'm not feeling well," I pretended to cough, "Mianhae!"

"Aish. You should have told me sooner. Arasso, I'll go now. Noisy, puking, coughing Japanese monster."

"Whatever. Just go now. Pali!" This idiot sure knew how to give nicknames and it .

"Alright. Alright. Why are you in such a hurry? I'm going now." I could see him stand up and all of the girls inside were gawking at him. He hadn't even ordered a single thing. But I had to admit that he had great fashion sense.

"I'm hanging up. Bye!" I pretended to cough once more.

"Alright. Get well soon or else I'll catch your flu."

I ended the call and placed the phone in my pocket, then fixed my glasses. He was already outside, staring at the sky like he was waiting for something with his hands in his pocket.

Was he just going to stand there and wait for it to snow in the middle of summer? It took a minute before he started walking, and this is where my journey started. As long as he didn't see my shadow, everything would fall perfectly according to my silly plan.

I tried to hide behind the post as I followed him down the street, until he suddenly stopped in front of an ice cream parlor and entered without hesitation. Did he have money with him?

I could see him flirting with the cashier through the front window of the shop. The lady suddenly gave him a bowl of chocolate ice cream with caramel and marshmallows on top, and he didn't even get out his wallet!

Ice creaaaam. My stomach suddenly growled. For the sake of this plan, I'd stop myself from craving such useless foods that made me gain weight.

A cart suddenly caught my attention as it passed in front of me.

"Ahjussi, I'll buy one cup of ice cream."

Jeez. I just couldn't stare at him while he was enjoying that delicious ice cream.

"Kamsahamnida." He then gave me a suspicious look before going.

What was wrong with that man? We both finished our ice cream at the same time, and then he went to the counter and gave the cashier a flirty wink. Stupid lady for falling for it.

I threw the cup in the trash can and waited for him to go outside.

He then again stared at the sky. What was wrong with this guy?

Would he stay frozen there again for a minute? But no, he started walking.

I followed him once again, and of course I was being careful or else I'd be a dead meat when he caught me stalking him... no, I mean investigating.

Next stop was... I stared at the large banner of the building. A sauna bath?

He went directly inside, and I followed him. He checked himself in and grabbed a white towel. I made sure he had gone inside already before entering. It was a good thing that it was a sauna for both boys and girls. I could see several couples checking out as I walked to the ahjumma at the counter.

"Would you like to go in... uhm Ms.?"

I shook my head, "No, I'm good."

"Okay?" She gave me this weird look. I knew I had to a little explanating here.

"My husband is inside."

"Aigooo! Is he having an affair?!"

I nodded. I'd just have to play along.

"We'll you better go inside, ma'am! I've experienced that too and it was so bad that I wanted to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter