Puzzled

The Anatomy of Jung Daehyun
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Today was definitely a great day to run along the mountains. The cool wind that tousled the wispy strands of my hair and the clouds that covered up the rays of the sun perfectly matched our serene surroundings.  

"Wooooah!" Hayoung tugged my jacket several times. I stopped stretching my arms for a moment and stared at that was wide open, so wide that I could fit my clenched fist in it.

I directed my gaze in the direction where her eyes were sparkling and saw the 6 boys stretching their arms for a warm up in the very first row of the line. It was my first time seeing Daehyun with them.

Their bodies were perfectly wrapped in their white shirts, the reason why Hayoung looked like a hungry monster and was almost drooling without even realizing.

Hmmmm. I could see nothing fantastic about it except for Zelo, whose hair had turned pink. Did he just dye it last night? Now I was craving for some strawberry ice cream and that Daehyun who got me into trouble last night, dragging me out in the middle of the night and, even worse, eating my beloved chocopies bought specially for Eunji! It was a relief that Himchan was the one who found us and not that terrifying teacher. My eyes automatically twitched as I took in the sight of his ugly, unmanly, so boooring back.

"Eubin..."

"Yes?" My eyes were still engrossed by him, jumping lightly in his place.

"You're drooling." I immediately turned to see Eunji who was laughing at me while she was doing a sideward stretch.

I went to wiped the alleged drool away, but my hand didn't feel any sticky substance.

"Yaaaah," I arched my mouth into a frown.

"Haha! You obviously have hidden desire towards your boyfriend. Well, it's a common thing though."

Hahaha! That was so hilarious. Me? Having some hidden desire towards that idiot? Naaah. That would never happen.

I shook my head and waved my hand to dismiss the mere idea.

"Alright campers! Listen up!" There goes the teacher again, she never failed to get the students to look up at her... again. She had brought a whistle along with her and another stick that would be broken once she finished what she had to say.

"We need to increase your cardiovascular endurance and stamina, so we’ll jog along the mountains for 4 hours as to what I promised yesterday. We will be starting in 3..."

I zipped up my jacket and put on the hood.

"2...1!"

Our feet automatically jogged forward in the pace of 1,2,3. Eunji and Hayoung were on the same row as me, while Bomi was at the back.

"Aigoo, I feel so tired," I said, gasping for air. We had been running for miles and miles now. "How long have we been jogging?" I turned to see Eunji.

She raised her wrist and stared at her watch. "About 5 minutes."

What? And there were still 3 hours and 55 minutes remaining? I felt tired. Not that I had asthma or anything, but I just felt like my energy was drained. It was because I had so few hours of sleep last night; blame that creepy guy.

I tried my best to keep up with their rhythm, but the slope was getting steeper and I couldn't see Daehyun and the others in the front row anymore. They probably had sped up.

I wasn't used to long distance running. The trail was bumpy with scattered twigs and rocks everywhere.

I can do this! I definitely should finish this. I def---.

"Kyaaaaa!" My right leg suddenly went numb, causing my body to tumble to the ground. My chest was touching the ground and I could smell some dust hovering in my nostrils. The blood running inside my whole body rushed causing my hands to jerk.

And suddenly my vision turned hazy. Everything was blurry.

"Eubin!" I could hear Eunji and the other screaming my name.

"Eubin, wake up! Don't die yet! You're still young!"

"Shut up Hayoung! She's not dying you idiot. Eubin wake up!" My body was pulled forward by an unknown force. I could feel several slap on my cheeks which made me return to my senses, only to find myself lying in the arms of Eunji.

I tried to stand up but I couldn't move my leg.

"Bring her to the clinic immediately!" I could see the teacher trying to bend the stick she was holding, not because of anger but due to severe panic.

Eunji and Bomi grabbed my arms and hung them across their shoulders as they tried to help me stand up, and I tried to lessen my weight for it to be easier.

"We'll bring her there." I tried to smile at Eunji amidst of the pain I was currently experiencing.

"Excuse me. Excuse please. Let me pass," I could hear a familiar voice behind, "I'll take care of my girlfriend."

I batted my lashes several times. Girlfriend? Everyone suddenly went shouting rowdily.

"Sorry for the bother. I could take care of her now." Well, like I asked you to be bothered?!

Eunji and Bomi nodded and handed me to him. And that mocking expression of his as he stared into my eyes, his lips that curved up not a smile but a smirk, irked me.

He turned around and crouched so that his back was in front of me, leaning down so that I could get on.

"Yah... what are you up to?" I lowered my voice embarrassed.

"Do you want me to ca

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter