Truth or Dare

The Anatomy of Jung Daehyun
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

I opened my mouth and in the air of today's plain and timid day before exhaling it once again, glancing back and forth between Sungjae and Daehyun who were exchanging random and inconsequential thoughts about the origin of chicken. Which came first, the chicken or the egg? It was more of an argument from the looks of it. Their long and tedious stories that only the two of them could understand made my eyelids heavy.

"Aigoo Sausage, it was the chicken which came first. Then it laid an egg, and then lo and behold, they multiplied!" His gestures were like a teacher instructing an illiterate kid who had never known anything more than how to eat in his whole life.

Sungjae arched his upper right lip into a smirk. "Aigoo Ramyun, so where do you think  that certain chicken came from? From an egg obviously!"

Come to think of it, Daehyun had been tagging along with us since that late celebration happened. Did he even go to his classes? As for Sungjae and I, we'd been relaxing here on the school's lawn where they left some Adirondack chairs for some reason I don't know of during our free time, meanwhile the sun was hiding from the clouds. He wouldn't dare to let the rays prick his oh-so-smooth and supple complexion brought about by different cosmetics he told me he'd been using, and he even recommended some for my dull skin.

They both shifted their eyes onto me. "What do you think Eubin?" they asked at the same time.

I shrugged. "Will you just eat your egg sandwich already?"

They nodded and decided it would be better to eat instead of preoccupying themselves on a never ending topic.

"That's a good idea!" Sungjae chimed.

As my gaze wandered around the peaceful environment, two familiar figures caught my attention. The cast on his right hand answered my hunch perfectly, while the petite and slender figured lady made me wonder if it was Bomi.

I peered at her and Jongup as they trudged to the forlorn building of the school where the horrifying incident that crushed Jongup's bones had taken place.

I stood up and started walking to their direction, turning my curiosity radar on. I remembered what Eunji said the time they were caught in a bickering fight with our classmates. Bomi and Jongup dated, if I remembered it clearly.

I could clearly hear the footsteps trudging behind me – shallow footsteps that still created frictional noise on the ground.

I turned to see the two who were munching on their sandwiches.

"Where are we going?" Daehyun's voice could barely be heard due to the bread stuffed in his mouth.

"You two should have stayed there," I scoffed, placing my hand on my hips like an old teacher who only knew how to scold children.

They shook their heads in disagreement. I sighed and nodded, thinking they had better not say a word.

We followed the bleak auras of the two as they entered a room and we stayed outside to perch on the window, trying so hard not be noticed by them.

"Oh. Isn't that Jongup?" Daehyun pressed his index finger on the right side of his lips with his thumb on the other side plumping it.

"Shhh!" I whispered without moving my eyes away from them.

"And Bomi," Sungjae added.

Bomi crossed her arms, her brow creasing with such intense gaze at Jongup. "What do you want to talk about?"

He caressed his casted hand while seemingly finding a way to cease the exuding emotion of Bomi.

"I want to talk about us."

She cast a wry smile, "Pardon? There's no us in our relationship at all."

"I'm sorry." I could see Jongup's sincerity in his eyes. "I really didn't mean for that to happen. I love you and I always will."

Bomi sighed heavily and attempted to walk out, but was stopped by Jongup grasping her wrist.

It was like a scene out of a K-Dramas, that sweet moment when the guy stops the girl from leaving, and then the girl will forgive him and they'll kiss and live happily ever after!

I could feel it, the atmosphere was getting placid.

"Way to go Jongup!" My head could hear the sound of glass shattering at that very moment.

"Daehyun!" I hollered, then shot him a look.

He immediately lowered his hand, which was rising triumphantly.

"Eubin?" I turned back to Bomi wearing that thorn of guilt.

"We were just passing by. Hehe?" I squeaked like the sound of a rat that had just seen a hungry cat.

"Oh well then, I got to go." She yanked her hand from Jongup's grip and went out, and I hoped she wasn't mad at me for prying into their serious conversation.

"Bomi, wait!" Jongup followed without noticing us.

"Great. Thanks. Daehyun. Thanks." I grouched at him with an incensed glare.

"Are they having a lovers' spat?" Sungjae asked, bewildered by the scene he had just seen.

Daehyun nodded. "The two were madly in love with each other, and it irks me sometimes when I see him having such an unusual aura about him. I really don't care about them, let's just go and buy more sandwiches."

I agreed, we shouldn't have pried on them in the first place. We only worsened their problem.

An idea suddenly popped into my mind. "How about we stroll in the park tomorrow?" I beamed.

"That's great! Let's eat cotton candies, ice cream, and some cakes for my sweet tooth," Sungjae said jovially.

"Let's also invite Bomi and Jongup!" That was my plan in the first place, and this idea had better work or else I'd splash some mud on my face and deal with the consequences of my haphazard actions.

Daehyun shrugged. "I don't know if that's a great idea."

"Aigoo. It is. It is!" Sungjae chimed, "Plus Eubin will tour me around some nice places in Seoul, am I right Eubin?"

I nodded. "Anywhere you want!" I did hope Bomi would come.

"So it's fine if you wouldn't be able to come with us. Eubin and I will definitely enjoy our stroll," Sungjae continued.

"Who says I'm not going? Baka," Daehyun retorted.

"Daehyun, you should invite Yongguk and the rest, and Sungjae, is it possible to pull your friends?"

"Of course, they will come especially Peniel."

"How about the rest?"

"I'm sure they'll come too."

I raised my fist in the air. "Alright. Let's enjoy our day tomorrow!"

---

The bright gleaming rays of the sun, the wonderful feel of the cool breeze that passed over my body, the cheerful chirps of birds that was soothing to the ears... The wonderful, wonderful, wonderful imagination of mine was ruined by the sudden typhoon which struck Seoul!

And now, I could see nothing but the darkness, turmoil, and agitation of this freaking lonely day. The sound of the spattering raindrops that inclined as the wind pushed them to the window made it impossible for my plan to pull through. The loud roar of the thunder was indeed music to my ears, only it ruined my eardrums.

I sat on the sofa with my back slouched and stared at the window, hoping for the bad weather to cease.

I sighed. I did made an effort to ask Bomi and it was all because of my persistent and annoying act of getting her to say yes.

My phone buzzed and I answered it.

"Yoboseyo?"

The sound of the rain was audible through the call. "Eubin, this is Himchan. We're here at my house."

"Eubin, come here fast!" I heard Sungjae yell.

"Eubin, bring some foods if you have any." And so did Daehyun.

"Alright, alright cut it out already," said

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter