Fake Date

The Anatomy of Jung Daehyun
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

 

Ahjussi walked us outside. It was already 4 in the afternoon and the view of his farm looked great.

"Thank you very much for lending me a hand, Daehyun!" he said as he gave him a hug, and I could see that the two were close with each other. It even crossed my mind that he was like a father to Daehyun.

He then looked at me with a pleased smile. "And to you as well Eubin! Kamsahamnida! I really don't believe that you two aren't going out by the feel of it, it looks like you two are as sweet as the strawberries in the field."

I faked a laugh. "Him? Sweet? Since when did he become sweet?" I mumbled, secretly staring at him.

"Pardon?" Ahjussi tapped his left ear.

"Ahh. Nothing. I mean, I enjoyed picking strawberries. I really ENJOYED it."

His lips curved into a bright smile.

"That's great! I hope you can help me again in the next harvest."

I nodded happily. By the time that came I would definitely wrap my whole body and wear a thick bug protector.

Ahjussi took Daehyun's hand and dragged him several meters away from me, then leaned over to whisper something in Daehyun's ear. What was he whispering to him that I wasn't allowed to know? Daehyun was staring at the ground, chuckling. Probably delighted by the news.

He then stared and gave me a smirk.

I gave him a look and just turned around so to not be curious on what the two are whispering.

"Alright. Kamsahanida ahjussi!" I could hear his steps coming to me. Something landed on my head. I turned to see it and saw him chuckling. He then threw the small white box to me, which I managed to catch with my hands.

"What's this?" I raised the box and examined it with my eyes.

"Strawberries. Ahjussi told me to give it to you because you worked hard even though you're a slowpoke." I growled at him. It wasn't like he helped me.

I turned to see ahjussi but he was gone, having already went inside the building.

"Gomawo. Ahh. Was this what he was whispering to you about?"

He shrugged, "I don't know."

"How could you not know? Idiot."

"It's a man to man talk and you might not want to know it."

I bet it was about or something. Seriously, I couldn't say the exact word that described boys like that. It really creeped me out.

He hit my head lightly. "What are you thinking again?"

"Nothing!" I snapped out of it.

"Alright. Let's go home now. I'll bring you to your house."

Aigoo. This was it; we would be going home now. Good bye ice cream, ferris wheel, cotton candy, couple rings and all the date stuff I'd been fantasizing about last night. This is the worst first date ever!

We rode a taxi and arrived at my house in no time. We both got out and his eyes wandered across my house, trying to examine it.

"Yah... Quit staring or else you'll melt our house."

"Hmmmm. So this is your address. I'll come often then," he smiled brightly.

"Pabo. Get in the taxi and go home already." He nodded contently and was about to get inside when suddenly someone called my name.

"Eubin!" I turned to see Himchan.

His expression suddenly shifted as he saw Daehyun.

"Annyeong!" I waved at him jovially. He just stepped out from his house.

"So... you did move huh." I could sense him smirking from the tone of his voice. Are they still arguing? I had thought they were best of friends, being in the same group and all.

"I'll go home now. Bye," Daehyun said, and I nodded as he got inside the taxi.

The taxi pulled away and I caught Himchan's brows narrowing, but his expression immediately change as he saw me.

"So... the two of you went out?"

"Ahh. Yeah. But not quite what you're thinking right now," I replied.

"What?"

I shook my head, "Nothing! I just helped him pick some fresh strawberries." I lifted the box for him to see it. I really was comfortable towards Himchan, it felt like we were best buds in our past lives. I even wanted to tell him that Daehyun wasn't my real boyfriend, but that would be dangerous. Not that I didn't trust him, but it would be bad if my secret leaked out.

"Oh. That's good to hear!" his face suddenly lit up.

"Hmmm?"

"I mean... the strawberries. I bet those are good." Ahh. I thought he meant something else.

I nodded. "You want some? I'm willing to give the leftovers to you," I laughed at my own joke, thinking that he would get it, but he didn't. Awkward silence.

"Kidding! Just knock on my door and let's eat the fruits of my labor!" I really did work hard for these fruits.

"Ahh. Okay then! So you went to ahjussi's strawberry field."

I suddenly batted my lashes. "You know him?"

"Yeah. I used to play..."

I waited for him to finish what he was saying.

"Let's eat those before it melts," he then changed the topic. Aigoo. Daehyun and Himchan had the same personalities. Subject changer. Curiosity arouser. Cliffhanger.

---

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Let's have a date."

I rolled my eyes and shook my head although he couldn't see me because we were on the phone.

"For the nth time. I don't want to! I won't be pulling weeds or collecting bugs," I exclaimed. Daehyun called right before I was about to sleep and now he was asking again for a date! I really couldn't believe this guy. Who would ever want to have a date with him after that experience?

"Alright."

I heaved out a heavy breath. It was good he finally understood what I was saying. Now for some good night sleep. "Okay, bye."

"Just be prepared for our grand break up on Monday."

My eyes widened. "Okay! Okay! I'll go out with you tomorrow. Are you satisfied now?" I immediately replied.

Aish! Seriously? This was so unfair! He was always using that threat against me, that stupid jerk.

"Haha! Good girl. Let's meet at 8. Same place. See you there!" He hung up the phone at once.

"Okay. I'll be equipped with some armor tomorrow. I won't be stupid enough to fall for your stupid jokes Jung Daehyun. Just wait."

 

I woke up to the sound of my alarm. Today was our second date, and I wondered where it would be this time. Were we going to go fishing for sharks? Digging for worms? Hmmm. What else? I had to be prepared for whatever it was that might be surprising me later.

After I took a warm bath, it was time to get equipped. And because his definition of date was not a date at all, I'd wear my black pants and my huge shirt with panda prints which my aunt bought for me – she totally forgot I already lost several pounds, and because it was her gift, I didn't bother to wear it at all.

I grabbed my cute panda cap and just chose for my hair to flow freely.

"Hmmmm. How do I look now?" It took me a minute to examine my outfit. "Perfect!" I brushed my teeth then went out.

I arrived at the bubble tea store first. I scanned the inside of the shop but couldn't see him. And now it would be I who was waiting for him. Was I too early? I took a glimpse at the store's digital bubble tea clock which hung above the cashier's head.

"Exactly 8:10." He was 10 minutes late.

"Eubin?" I turned and saw him confused.

"Yeah. And you're 10 minutes late." I gave him a look. A look of hatred for dragging me here with that stupid threat of him.

"I seriously didn't recognize you... at all." I fixed my cap.

"So where in the world are we heading to now?" I definitely can't wait! I thought sarcastically.

"There's this newly opened park. I want to go there."

My jaw dropped. "W-wait. Did I hear it right? A park?" Was this really a date? Wait. No way. We'd definitely be scrubbing in the park. Definitely scrubbing.

He nodded, "Yeah. Let's go. I heard lots of people will be going there." He then grabbed my hand. This was really confusing!

We arrived to the park he was talking about. It was indeed beautiful. There was several stalls aligned on the alley – cotton candy, ice cream, teddy bears, couple shirts, and lots of other things. The scenery was so elegant, from the floor made of marble to the intricate designs of

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter