Friendship and a Bowl of Ramyun

The Anatomy of Jung Daehyun
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

"Eubin, is your leg fine now?" I turned to see Himchan walking towards me inside the cabin. He was kind of wet and tiny droplets of water dripped down from his hair.

I halted from fixing my shirts. I could tell they had just finished their water balloon fight, and it really not being able to join the fun outside. The doctor didn't approve for me to join, although I really wanted to... even just to throw a single balloon at someone's face.

Their screams and laughter totally made me feel sulky today. If only I hadn't sprained my leg, I could have joined them, although then I wouldn't have experienced being carried on Daehyun's back.

I sighed to myself, but cast a bright smile to assure him that I was perfectly fine, even though I didn't feel like smiling at all.

"I'm good! My leg's perfectly fine now!" I resumed placing my clothes inside my bag.

He grabbed my hand, and I was dazed when found him smiling at me.

"Himchan?"

He pulled my hand slowly and assisted me as I stood up. "Let's get you some fresh air outside."

I resisted, but he wouldn't release my hand. I didn't feel like sitting around just to watch them squirt water at each other.

"I'm seriously fine here," I tried, hoping he would just leave me alone in the cabin, but he refused.

"Alright," I sighed, finally giving in.

"You don't seem to be in good spirits today.  So let's go out."

We stepped out from the cabin and–

Boom!

Splash!

As soon as my feet touched the ground, several balloons flew straight into my face, making me flinch in great surprise!

"Hahaha! Eubin's expression is priceless!" Eunji exclaimed throwing another balloon at my body. I opened my eyes and saw Eunji, Bomi, Hayoung and the rest of the BAP. Yongguk, Youngjae, Jongup and Zelo were all laughing so hard at me.

But where was he?

In any case, I was truly touched. I never thought they would be thinking of me; these guys were great.

I heard Himchan chuckling.

"Yah!" I tried to move my leg forward.

And then I found myself playing with them like a little kid who’d been freed from imprisonment. I had never played like this before. I threw balloons and hit Zelo, and in return he also hit me. We laughed and laughed and laughed like lost children.

"Heavy noisy puking monster..." That voice. I turned to my left and saw him, Jung Daehyun.

He was here!

I mentally slapped my face, so what if he was here?!

He tossed the water balloon he was holding up and down in the air.

"You're going down." He immediately threw the balloon towards me, but I ducked and almost fell, though luckily Himchan caught me with his hands gripping tightly onto my arms.

"Gomawo Himchan!" I returned to an upright position and caught the balloon Eunji threw to me for some sweet revenge.

"Jung Daehyun!" I threw the balloon towards him and it landed on his chest, soaking his clothes in water.

"Hahaha! Serves you right!"

He immediately pulled his shirt off from his body, revealing the muscle toned skin beneath that shirt of his. I was so engrossed that he caught me staring at him, so I glanced back at Eunji at once.

"We should change now or else we'll catch a cold," said Himchan.

We all nodded in agreement, and Eunji assisted me as we walked back to our cabin, where I changed into my most comfortable outfit.

"We've been seriously wanting for you to join us in the water balloon fight," Eunji said as she dried her long hair with a towel.

"Yeah, everyone was looking for you, even the members of BAP. Are you close with them?" Hayoung asked.

"Well, they were all nice to me since the first time we all met," I replied.

"You're so lucky! Most of the girls, I mean, almost all of the girls in Hanyang are dying to be noticed by them. But I am one lucky girl to be your friend too because we got the chance to get closer to them!" Hayoung gleefully hugged her pillow tight.

I chuckled lightly at her fangirling mode. I understood her totally because I myself am also a fangirl.

"Thank you guys! I was seriously touched," I mumbled, though they all still heard it clearly.

"We were seriously worried about you when you sprained your leg. You really need to take in more vitamins," said Bomi.

I nodded with a bright smile. Even though I left one amazing friend in St. Hanbyul, I was blessed to have three in return.

---

The sky lantern parade was starting any minute now, and everyone gathered around the bonfire under the moonlight. The teacher distributed lanterns for everyone to light and release into the air.

"Okay, you need to light the lanterns properly and heat it well or else it won't float to the sky. And, if you make a wish as you release it, it is believed that your wishes will be granted," the teacher said.

Himchan and the rest of the BAP came to us and we all lit the lantern together.

"Yah, Kwon Eubin, light this lantern for me," Daehyun walked to me holding his lantern lazily.

"Aish... wish for the lantern to light itself," I replied as I continued what I had already started.

"How I wish I could keep my mouth shut," he sighed, making me roll my eyes and turn back to him.

Aish. "Give that to me," I grabbed his lantern and tried to heat it first. It took me several minutes before I finished lighting the two and Daehyun was just lazily staring at me. "Here," I handed him his well prepared lantern, ready to be released.

"Thanks!"

I nodded.

"Okay, we will all be releasing the lanterns in the sky together but before you do so, you must make a wish," the teacher said.

Hmmmm. I really didn't know what to wish. Did it have to be only one? It was hard to ask for only one wish.

Daehyun nudged my elbow. "What's your wish?" He asked.

I scoffed, "It's a secret."

"You should definitely wish not to puke again."

Whatever.

I closed my eyes and prepared to mentally utter my wish. I still didn't know what to ask for, aside from getting away from this jerk, meet Kris in person and alright... I would wish for all things my heart desired. Would that be okay?

I took a deep breath before opening my eyes, and we released the lanterns together. Woooow! Amazing. The sky was almost covered by elegant lights that shimmered as they all scattered above. It symbolized hope and light when you were almost caught in the darkness.

 

 

"Wooow!" everyone exclaimed in chorus.

I turned to see what Daehyun's expression was. His eyes were gleaming as he looked up, and it was as if I was seeing a different version of him.

I really had so much fun in this camp, I hoped that we would be doing this again… together. That is, with Eunji and the others of course.

"What did you wish for?" Those words suddenly came out from my mouth.

"I wish for you to stay by my side..." I swallowed hard. What was he saying?

"...and be my slave forever."

"What?!" I scowled.

He let out a chuckle. "So your leg better heal faster.”

Idiot. I had concluded that we, Jung Daehyun and I, were not compatible with each other.

---

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter