Sweet Date

The Anatomy of Jung Daehyun
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

"Eubin-ssi. Kamsahamnida for everything. I owe you my life," Jongup's voice was kind of weak on the phone. I had really been so scared.

"That's what friends are for and I consider you as one. It was really nothing," I replied, since really all I did was scream and glare at those creepy guys.

"Don't say that. You nearly risked your life just to help me. You really are my savior."

I pulled my knees to my chest on my bed. "You should thank Daehyun the most. He's our real savior." Our nagging savior, but to be honest, I was really glad he came.

"Yeah. I already thanked him and he even scolded me for--." He wasn't able to finish his sentence. The line went dead, and I placed my phone on the bedside table.

Hmph. Why would Daehyun scold him?

I pulled up the blanket, preparing myself off to sleep when suddenly my phone vibrated and beeped. I answered it.

"Yoboseyo? Jongup?"

The caller cleared his throat before uttering a word.

"Yah. Kwon Eubin, let's have a date tomorrow."

My eyes widened and I tightly gripped the blanket. "Daehyun?" I asked, trying not to sound too excited.

"Yeah. See you tomorrow, 8 at the bubble tea store. Don't be late or else you'll be dead meat." He immediately ended up the call without even hearing my reply.

A date? With Jung Daehyun? It couldn't possibly be true but the sound of a date kept on ringing inside my head. Date. Date. Date. Date. Date.

It took me several minutes before it totally sank into my mind. Omo! It really was a date. But why so sudden? Aish. I really couldn't understand a thing about this guy. He scolded me and now he wanted to have a date? Why not just pick up those y girls of his and go kissing in the alley?

Omo! Kissing.

Isn't that what you do when you're both alone on a date? I'd better ask Krystal for more information. I knew I couldn't just judge her just because she was younger, she did sound more experienced than me because of the books she read and who knows, she might have been in a secret relationship, because lately I'd been keeping my eyes on her and she was glowing like a goddess. I practically needed to wear sunglasses... Just kidding.

Anyway, it was a great idea to ask for some information about dating and whatnot.

When I walked over to her room, she was sitting at her desk doing something and I immediately noticed that her room was perfectly polished, as if of her clutter had been up by a vacuum. The whole place is so tidy now. It was a great idea indeed to tell her that Zelo was a neat freak and that his ideal girl was a cleaning goddess. Now I wouldn't have to worry about snakes and rats anymore.

"Krystal?" I interrupted. She turned to see me then immediately closed the book, swiftly placing it in her drawer.

I narrowed my eyes in suspicion. "What's that? What are you hiding? Hmmmm?" I sang, trying to figure it out.

"Uhmm. Nothing!" she shook her head, "Definitely not compiling Zelo's photos!" She then gasped, "Omo!"

"Ooooooh. Let me see it!" I walked to her.

She nodded giving up. "Alright," she opened her drawer at once then gave me the book. It was somewhat of a scrap book, with pins and other decorative pieces pasted on the pages.

"Haha! You really are crazy over him, huh. Where do you get all of these photos?" I flipped through the pages and Zelo was everywhere, of course, since he was the main character of this book.

There was an adorable sleeping Zelo whose headphones were hung on his shoulder, a laughing Zelo who was almost caught derping but still looked pretty cute, a skating Zelo which I found really cool, and there was this adorable five year old kid that I figured must have beens Zelo. My jaw  dropped when I noticed the transformations of his hair color, from yellow to pink to blue. The color of cotton candy! Looked delicious to me.

I closed the book and looked at her, amazed. "Wow! Where'd you get all of these photos? Stalking?" I chuckled lightly.

"We do have a fan club. I recently quit Daehyun oppa's fan club and joined Zelo's," she sighed, "And it's already clear that I'm not the only one who fantasizes about him. There are tons of fangirls so it would be pretty hard to get noticed by him."

Aigoo. I felt sorry for her but that was the saddest part of being a fangirl. You knew everything about him, his favorites, personal things, and what he does, but he didn't know a thing about you out of all the things you had done.

"That's how I feel too about Kris, so don't worry dongsaeng, you have somebody to relate with," I patted her shoulder.

"That's why I will do my best to be Zelo's number one fan! Even though there are lots of girls out there who think the same, I Krystal Jung will do her best to love Zelo oppa! Fighting!" she punched the air with her fist.

"Yeah! That's the spirit! Fighting!" Aigoo. We looked like idiots who were hungry for some idol affection.

"By the way, why are you here unnie?"

I placed the book on her table then sat on her bed. "Uhm. There's this friend of mine who will be... uhm..."

"Go on. Go on."

"She was asked for a date and so she saught out my advice, but I know nothing about dating, so I came to you thinking that you might help her." Lies. But I couldn't possibly say that I would be dating Daehyun. I just couldn't.

"Jung Daehyun oppa asked you right?"

I was surprised at her straightforward sentence. "How'd you know?"

"I'm your dongsaeng now, so no need to keep secrets!" True, she was my dongsaeng now, and I shouldn't have been hiding something as important as our fake relationship.

I nodded shyly, "Mianhae, but I'm a first timer when it comes to stuff like that."

She held my hands and her eyes were sparkling, "Don't worry unnie, I guarantee you that this will be your best date ever!" Why did I suddenly feel scared by the sound of that one?

"Okay, so we'll be having a one on one lesson here with Krystal Seonsaengnim," she grabbed her spectacles and wore them.  "First, let us define the word date. According to the dictionary, it is a social engagement  between two persons who usually have a romantic connection, and as for me, it is the first step to your relationship. If you fail this then everything will be gone... forever. So don't fail unnie if you want Daehyun oppa to kiss you and then it will eventually lead to some rated stuff only you guys know."

I flushed, embarrassed. Rated stuff? Where did that come from?

"I will be helping you with your outfit. You can borrow some of my clothes, I know what Daehyun oppa likes." Yeah. He liked girls who wore short, super tight dresses.

"Next one is how to act when on a date," she started pacing back and forth, "It's pretty simple: act like a lady and think like a boss. Boys love feminine, shy, demure, soft girls. Let them make the moves. I know you've got a bubbly personality and you're a strong willed woman, unnie. Sometimes you even act boyish."

I was taken aback. A straightforward girl indeed.

"But... please do act cute and feminine even just for a day. You never know what might happen. And remember to call him cute things like sweety, honey, darling or even just oppa."

I nearly threw up to that. No way would I ever say things like that.

"Communicate openly. Ask questions about him to get to know him more." Yeah... like he'd tell me where he lived.

"Look into his eyes and be charming!"

I nodded unsurely.

"And lastly, enjoy the moment. This is your first date and it should be a memorable one!"

I nodded brightly even though I mostly didn't understand her tips. "Gomawo Krystal!" I stood up. It was about time to get some sleep.

"And unnie... the kissing part is always the best during dates. Good luck!"

I flushed red. "Uhm. Yeah?"

I then went back to my room. Were dates that great? What would we do tomorrow? What if an awkward situation arose?

Aigoo. I needed to get some sleep. I needed to be ready for this date.
 

---

 

 

 

 

"Which of these should I wear?" I examined the two dresses laid on my bed the next morning. The first one was too y and I didn't like polka dots, plus my cleavage would definitely be seen although I had a flat chest.

The second one was too girly with a pink ribbon on the center, so I decided to wear my own dress which I was comfortable with. I opened my white wardrobe and picked the blue top dress with long sleeves, grabbed the shoes which I wore during Alice's birthday last year, and tied my hair with the red ribbon Krystal gave me. Maybe it wasn't the girliest thing, but this was much better than wearing such tight clothes. Was it okay? I really wasn't sure what to wear and had a hard time choosing one. If only I could wear a shirt and jeans with matching sne

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter