Blackmail

The Anatomy of Jung Daehyun
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

My tightly wrapped coat gave me the warmest and fuzziest feeling. Indeed, the mask that I wore today gave off the feeling that winter was finally coming.

“Eubin are you alright?!” Eunji grasped my arm as we stood beside her locker.

“Yes! I’m definitely fine,” my voice was low, making it harder for her to hear what I was saying.

“What in the world are you thinking? Today’s weather is a blast and the scorching heat of the sun makes me want to lock myself in the refrigerator.”

Yes. Yes. It was totally hot that day and I felt like a barbecue being roasted inside this thick coat.

I pressed my palm again , “Sssssh. Quiet, will you?”

Eunji nodded, though she was confused. “Are they still hunting for you?”

I nodded weakly. I was probably seen as the weirdest girl in town right now. Instead of thinking that I wouldn’t attract much attention, it ended up being the total opposite of what I had expected. My main goal for today was to hide from those scary girls or else… I didn’t want to imagine what might happen to me anymore.

“What a brilliant idea of yours, now everyone’s staring at you.” I shook my head as I met eyes with students who were laughing at my getup. Well, it wasn’t like I had a choice.

“You have to change for P.E, you don’t want to jog under the sun wearing that costume.”

I grabbed my phone and stared at my wallpaper.

“Kris… please don’t fail me now. I will be meeting you next week for the fansigning event and I don’t want you to see a black eyed woman,” I mumbled, then slowly got rid of my coat and placed it inside my locker. I changed to my P.E uniform, but I still had to wear my mask in case something horrible happened.

We both walked our way outside.

“Yeah, I heard that Daehyun’s girlfriend is from St. Hanbyul.”

“So he went steady already?”

I shook my head as we passed several students who were whispering about Daehyun. Was my lie that much of a viral plague to spread like this? And was that Daehyun a superstar in this school? Aigooooo! What if the rumor had already reached him? No way, he didn’t know me anyways.

Our classmates were already warming up outside, although the teacher still wasn’t there. Bomi saw us and waved jovially for us to see her. We both walked to her.

“What’s with that mask?” She was stretching her arms up.

“I have a cough… a terrible cough so the doctor suggested for me to wear a mask,” I pretended to cough, what a terrible lie. I was a big fat liar indeed.

“Guys!” Our eyes shifted to the girl that was running our way. “The teacher won’t make it, she said she has some urgent things to do.”

“So that means we don’t have P.E class?” Eunji asked.

She nodded, “Yes.”

All of my classmates went running for joy. That was their happiness when there was no teacher, I guess. Well, it was also good for me to have some peace of mind.

“Let’s go rest for a bit there,” Bomi pointed at the long brown bench beside a shady tree. We all went there to rest for a bit, although we hadn’t done much work. All of my female classmates followed after us and rested for a bit too. I’d come to the realization that it was a very bad idea for me to wear that furry coat, for it felt like we were in a desert.

“Eubin please tell us how you two met?” I was surprised at the sudden question of one of my classmates.

“Yes, yes do tell us. We are so happy that his girlfriend is from our class.”

“Uhmm… I--we-- uhmm…” What romantic story could I narrate to them? This was so horrifying. I gulped as I began to speak.

“Once upon a time, I saw him inside a room kissing with…” Ah no, no, no. That was for real yesterday. I shook my head. Think of other scenarios, Eubin.

Their eyes were all sparkling. They really wanted to hear a terrible lie.

“Kissing with what?” Bomi blurted out.

“Uhmm… kissing with a panda and then I fell in love with him. Hehehe?” I faked a laugh. That was a really bad romantic story. I shouldn’t have read that TaoRis fanfiction.

“Panda?” Eunji’s eyes twitch.

“Panda… stuffed toy! Because I find it too cute for guys to, you know… kiss some stuffed toys.”

“Why in the world will he kiss a p

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter