Camping Trip

The Anatomy of Jung Daehyun
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Eunji, you should come with us. I already called Bomi and she's up for the camp along with Hayoung." I had called Eunji in the middle of the night, hoping she would join us. It would be fun hanging out with her, plus I'd have the chance to get closer with them.

"Alright, alright, I'll join! Well, I've got to pack my stuff now. See you tomorrow! Bye!" The call ended and I happily grabbed my bag to prepare all the things needed for the camp.

Himchan had called an hour ago as promised. His voice was a little bit husky on the phone and he told me to pack some clothes, extra shoes, some personal belongings, and of course, the most important of all... Food! Lots and lots of food. I guessed it was time for me to return the favor to the guys who had treated me at the cafe yesterday. And so I went shopping an hour ago at the grocery store and bought almost a full bag of food. It was fun chatting with him, he was totally different from the last time we had met. I bet he really wasn't feeling well and tended to be quiet during the conversation of the group.

I really hadn't been to any camp. We barely went on any trips during my stay at St. Hanbyul.

Outdoor activities were not on our to-do list, and if so, we usually went on trips outside the country, mostly in Europe. That’s why I wasn't familiar with the experience of camping trips. All I knew was that you put up some tent, roast marshmallows and sit around the bonfire under the moonlight, but I bet it would be fun together with Eunji and the rest of my schoolmates, especially with Daehyun not around.

I finished packing up all my stuff and finally jumped onto my bed, sinking my head into my comfy pillow for a good night's slumber.

I woke up to the sound of a crowing rooster, and I grabbed the small digital clock off the table beside my bed to take a glimpse at the time.

4:00 AM. I guess I was too early, not to sound overly excited about the trip. I the lights, since it was still so dark outside. I could probably take a shower later; I'd freeze to death if I sink into the bathtub at this time of morning.

"Oh! I probably should return this photo card to Krystal. I’m sure that she wasn't aware that she lost it," I grabbed my wallet and picked out the card of the devil. Jinx. All it had ever brought me was pure bad luck.

As I walked to her room, it was so dark outside. Umma and appa were still fast asleep. I slowly opened the door to her room and stepped in with my right leg first. First things first, I had to make sure that there were no harmful objects scattered on the floor for the safety of my . I slid my foot across the floor; the coast was clear. I slowly tiptoed my way inside, touching all the things I encountered since it was too dark to see. I finally reached her desk and placed the card on it, then slowly walked out of her room. Success! I went back to my room to finally take a shower, and after an hour of preparing, I had finally finished and went out to the dining room to have my breakfast.

The wonderful smell of omelettes made my stomach growl.

"Good morning Eubin!" Umma greeted while placing the cooked food on the table. I sat down on the chair and greeted her back with a bright morning smile.

"You sure are early for the trip. Have you packed all the needed things? Your clothes, toothbrush, and some first aid materials in case of an emergency? And don't forget to bring some medicine." I nodded jovially. She was so sweet, just like my real mom, although my real umma was the best. I was indeed lucky to find a second mom like her.

"Thanks umma!" I took a huge bite of my omelet.

"Unnieee!" Krystal hopped her way over to the dining table. She sat across from me and I could already guess that the only reason her smile would be that huge probably had something to do with the card.

"Guess what? I found the photo card of Daehyun! I thought I misplaced it somewhere in my room." I was totally right.

"Krystal, you should probably try cleaning your room for once," I suggested, hoping to change the topic.

"Yeah, maybe I should do that," she nodded, "But unnie, I haven't been very active in our fanclub lately because of our early examinations." I guessed she was referring to Daehyun’s. Wow, he even had a fanclub in other schools.

"I even heard that he already has a girlfriend! But I need to confirm that one before anything else." I nearly choked on my food, and she immediately handed me a glass of water.

Umma suddenly hit her head lightly.

"Ouch!" she yelped in surprise.

"You should be focusing on your studies and not on some boy out there. Just look at your sister, she doesn't even have a boyfriend at her age." I nearly spit out the water I was drinking, and the two of them were surprised. Why did I feel so guilty?

"I'm sorry," I wiped my mouth and stood up, "Umma, kamsahamnida for the breakfast." I then walked back inside my room to get my bag before they could say another word.

---

As I entered the school, I saw Eunji standing outside the bus with Bomi and Hayoung I ran towards them, and they waited for me before going inside.

"Annyeonghasseyo!" I greeted them. Bomi was hugging her stuff.

They all greeted back.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter