Heart to Heart Interview

The Anatomy of Jung Daehyun
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Do you want to go out tomorrow?"

I had been staring at the ground for almost an hour now. I was busy wiping the floor in our gym as Daehyun had ordered, since his punishment was being extended for another week. How nice was that for me?!

"I said do you want to go out tomorrow?"

Go out? Tomorrow? Was he asking me? No way would I ever go out with him. He'd probably drag me to that ramyun shop and treat me with the most amazing ramyun in the world. So amazing that I would rather scrub here to death than to eat those spicy noodles.

"No way will I ever go out with you,” I replied, still scrubbing the ground.

"Alright..."

I heaved out a heavy breath. It was nice to know he understood.

"Let's meet tomorrow after class at the Noraebang. See you there, babe."

Oh my gosh!

Was he on the phone? I bit my lips in total embarrassment. I hope he didn't hear my stupid presumptuous reply!

"Haha! Alright. Yeah. You're the only girl in my life babe. Bye."

I slowly turned to face him. He was comfortably resting on the long bench with his left hand beneath his head while he held up his phone in mid air. He really did call someone.

He suddenly caught me staring at him, so I went back to scrubbing the floor and pretended not to have heard a single thing from their conversation, although everything was clear. Not to sound like I was eavesdropping, but hello? He wasn't even considerate enough to mind his own privacy. And now he would be with his girl...again, but like I said, I didn't care even if he has thousands of them.

"Oyyy! Would you quit slacking there and help me here!" I wiped the sweat that was forming on my forehead using the back of my palm.

"Don't worry, I'll treat you later," he lazily replied.

Aish! "No thanks. I don't want to get in trouble and run around the streets of Seoul just because of a bottle of water."

At last. Last row of the gym and I'd be done!

"Yeah?" I turned to see him again. His phone was stuck on his ears again. And it didn't even ring! Like the heck? Was his phone on silent mode?

"No. I'm busy tomorrow. We have some afterschool work. How about the day after tomorrow?"

This guy... aish! Probably another girl of his.

"Awww. Don't be sad without me, babe. I'll give you the most delicious kiss when we meet."

Okay. I'm going to puke now. That's just gross.

"Okay. Bye."

I slapped the damp cloth onto the floor. Done!

"Aish. They're all so bothersome." I stood up and fixed my uniform. I wore a pair jogging pants beneath my skirt.

He had probably turned his phone on silent mode because of the number of girls that were calling him. Hmph! Playboy.

"I'm done!" I scowled. I wanted to say, 'Thanks for the help, it really wasn't that time consuming because of your helping hand'... but I didn't. I'd just keep that mentally.

He placed his phone inside his pocket and stood up.

"Let's go."

I massaged my tired hands. "What now? I want to go home already."

"I'll treat you to a drink. I'm not the kind of guy who just leaves a pretty, innocent girl who worked hard. My conscience couldn't take that."

Yeah right, I rolled my eyes.

"Why didn't you think of that while I was scrubbing my off?" I mumbled.

"What'd you say?"

I shook my head, "Nothing!"

I'd trust him this time, not because I actually did trust him, but because I was terribly thirsty. We walked to the cafeteria and it was still open, although the students had gone home already.

"Two glasses of water please."

Oh please. He said it was a treat. That glass of water was free! Idiot.

The manager of the canteen gave him the two waters, and we took a seat outside. I drank the water at once and slammed the cup on the table.

"Yah Jung Daehyun," I waited for him to finish drinking first, then grabbed the slam book from my bag that I had brought me with me all this time.

"No need to thank me."

Stupid! "I wasn't going to," I placed the slam book on the table and grabbed my pen, which was stuck in my hair. I had prepared for this and even borrowed this book from Krystal. She said she didn't use it anymore, which was good for me. I wouldn't be spending much just to interrogate him. "Because I am of GREAT help to you. Would you mind answering a few things for my assignment?" I clicked the ballpoint pen open.

"What kind of assignment? I don't listen to lessons so I won't be of much help when it comes to that."

"Don't worry! It doesn't have anything to do with math or other school stuff, just be honest and answer all of my questions with your whole heart." I pointed the tip of the pen to his heart.

"Okay?" He answered uncertainly.

"First... real name?"

"Is that a slam book?" I nodded.

"Just answer already!"

"Fine. Fine. You are too hyped up. I didn't even know you were a fan of mine."

Whatever.

"Jung Daehyun."

"Age?"

"19."

Wow. He was just a year older than I was. The next one was address but I decided I'd have to ask these personal things later, so I skipped to favorites and firsts.

"Favorite food?"

"Raw octopus." Ugh. I hated that food.

"Favorite color?"

"Pink."

"Favorite music?"

"Mozart."

"Favorite pet?"

"You." I almost choked on my own saliva.

"Yah! Quit joking around," I hollered.

"You said be honest."

Whatever. I'd just skip this stuff.

"Favorite artist?"

"Kim Jong Un." Who was that one? Never heard of him. Was he a rookie star or what?

"Drink?"

"I'm fine w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter