chapter 33

The Anatomy of Jung Daehyun
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Did he just say he liked me? Was that a confession a minute ago? A part of me couldn't believe what he just said, but deep inside, the word 'like' lingered. I couldn't gather all my senses together; even my mind was taken aback by his sudden confession. The fact that I hadn't thought about things like him considering this nonsense act a reality... maybe a little, yes.

He removed his hands from my face. Finally, I could breathe properly.

"Kwon Eubin." Never had I seen such captivating eyes, not until this moment.

My cheeks warmed, I mean, why would I be fascinated by his somewhat beguiling eyes?

He tilted his head while folding his arms. Seemed to me like he was waiting for a reply. "Aren't you going to say something?" his voice was calm.

But I couldn't think of words to say in response to that. Today marked the last day of April.

"Happy April Fool's Month?"

A deafening silence passed by. I almost regretted what I just said. His eyes widened in surprise. I... to be honest, I couldn't find the right words.

"Yah, Jung Daehyun. Is this some kind of a last minute April Fool's prank?" I turned to the other side to avoid his gaze which was suffocating, leaving me breathless.

"Do I look like a clown to you? Do you even have any idea how much courage I’ve gathered just to say those words?" Only his voice, I could hear.

Aigoo, as if you've never told other girls you 'like' them. My head was in an alarming state; how the world worked, I couldn't fathom anymore. A feeling of happiness should have been felt, yet why was I in the midst of confusion? It might have been the worst confession he had experienced in his entire stay in the universe.

"Uhm..."

"Yah! Don't answer if you… I know it's a bit sudden. Even I was surprised how my heart acted on its own. You, I mean, I," he paused for several seconds letting silence embrace the atmosphere for a brief moment, "will wait for your reply." He scratched the back of his head feeling awkward. Even I couldn't believe what he just said.

I nodded.

My heart raced.

 

I couldn't sleep.

My thoughts were drifting, a mind that was completely messed up. His voice was echoing inside my head. Was I immersing myself in the state of being deluded?

I kept on rolling in my bed until I reached the edge and fell to the floor. I winced; the pain didn't last for several seconds. I lay on my back so that I could face the ceiling. Would something change if we started dating for real? I bit my lips from the sudden realization that hit me. My fangirling would be over soon; he might not have approved my crazy Kris or my love for galaxies.

This brought back memories during my childhood years when a boy who lived in our neighbourhood said he liked me, but took back his words when he found out my weird tastes for chicken feet, intestines and sea worms which were not weird in my case, of course.

My room, which was almost completely filled with handsome faces of Kris, were of no help in my current situation. But I felt like he was staring at me, pleading how he didn't want to get ripped off of my wall.

"Don't worry my love, I won't let that happen. Ever."

 

That night was special. That particular time of my life, my eyebags grew eyebags. Jung Daehyun was to be blame for how perplexed I was. My thoughts were shaken as I opened my locker. It was nearly impossible for my locker to get a day off from all the rubbish it received.

I grabbed the latest letter and threw it in the bin without reading it. I'd had enough. Changing lockers was the only solution I could think of, so I decided I should change immediately. Telling Daehyun that the one who sent those letters was still not bored wouldn't do any good.

"Tch!"

I looked behind me and saw Daehyun leaning against the wall with his arms folded. I could sense a long day ahead of me. His eyes and lips held nothing but scorn.

I closed my locker in an instant without taking my eyes off of him. He walked toward me.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter