Late Celebration

The Anatomy of Jung Daehyun
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

"Where are they now?" I turned my head, squinting my eyes as I tried to find Daehyun and Sungjae.

The school ground was packed with students who were impatiently waiting for the program to begin. I perched on my seat and lifted my head to catch a glimpse of them. Any minute now, the program would be starting. The Japanese teachers had already arrived and they were ushered to the seats that were specially reserved for them in front of the stage.

I couldn't find Eunji either. Speaking of the Angel, there she was. My eyes caught a girl in a strawberry dress waving at me, and I ran toward her, getting squeezed by the students as I struggled to pass in between them to reach her.

I heaved out a breath as I survived the sardine can of the crowd.

"Were you not aware of the opening performance?" she asked, tucking some strands of my hair behind my ear.

"What exactly are you talking about?" I asked, perplexed.

"Ohayoo Gozaimasu minna!"

We both turned to the guy who was holding the microphone near his mouth. He was wearing a tuxedo, making this event indeed a formal one. Now I tensed up. I hadn't seen him before.

"Nevermind! Here it is," Eunji exclaimed without taking her eyes off the stage.

"Watashiwa Jang Wooyoung desu, a former student here and now the official Korean/Japanese translator of Seoul, and I will be your emcee for today's program. Welcome to Hanyang, our dear visitor." His smile was so radiant that it made the students cheer and jump at the same time.

"And now we will commence our program. To start with, let's give the floor to our Japanese students together with some selected students of Hanyang!"

I didn't have any idea about this at all. Daehyun called me while waiting for them yesterday, saying that they wouldn't be able to see me because they'd be doing something, and that something might have been this.

"I really can't wait!" Eunji squealed, clapping her hands rapidly.

Performance

The loud cheer of the students got even louder with the opening sound of the music, and several guys in black and white stepped out.

My mouth opened in amazement. They all looked like angels, so pure and clean.

Himchan, Daehyun, Yongguk, Youngjae, Zelo and Jongup were in the front row. But wait a minute, wasn’t Jongup injured? I gazed at him and saw his right hand wrapped with a white bandage.

At the back were Sungjae, Peniel, Changsub, Eunkwang, Ilhoon, Minhyuk and Hyunsik. I did a little research and memorized their names so as to not embarrass myself when someone popped out and gave flower again. Just kidding!

The rhythm was so upbeat and it made my right foot tap unconsciously. Their smooth and flawless moves matched the song so well that it made everything just perfect. Their style and eyes were so focused that they made the definition of handsome clear to me. I didn't know Himchan could dance so well. He really was a genius at everything. Like he can almost do everything.

My eyes slowly shifted to the guy whose gaze was intense and charisma overflowing, or was I the only one who could see him emitting such an aura?

I could hear several students calling out their names and chanting like crazy. The only paraphernalia that was missing were the banners and lightsticks for it to be deemed a concert.

It was then I realized that BAP was not just a mere group idolized by students because of their looks but a group who had the power to brag and show off.

They should definitely have auditioned to a certain entertainment, I'd bet that they'd have gained millions of fans in no time. Sungjae and the rest should have a group name, too. Everyone just stood out equally in my eyes.

The performance turned into an intense battle, a friendly battle between Koreans and Koreans.

Later, I realized that they only practiced yesterday, and yet no mistakes or flaws were visible. They really impressed me.

As the song ended so did the battle, I mean the performance, which rocked the whole school.

They gave each other a high five before they bowed in front of the cheering crowd. I could see the much satisfied gleam of the teachers who couldn't stop themselves from standing up and giving them a round of applause. They stepped off of the stage and went directly to the back.

I couldn't seem to feel Eunji moving. She stiffened up and was star-struck, probably by Minhyuk who did his best to show off his handsome face and act like a prince who was prettier than Cinderella.

"I think... I'm in love," she muttered.

I pinched her arm, which made her wince. "You could have said that from the moment you saw him. You were under his magic spell when he stepped out from the car and flashed before you," I chuckled softly.

Wooyoung entered and I could tell that he was astonished. "Marvelous! Calling all the student guides to please proceed to the backstage. And now let us all hear a brief speech from Mr. Okada."

One of the Japanese teachers who scolded Sungjae stepped forward and went on stage.

Eunji and I left to where Sungjae and the rest were and found some of them sitting on the bench while the other were standing and shaking off their sweat. Their sweat was flowing from their forehead, a proof that the performance was no joke.

"Eunji, I think we should buy water for--." I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter