Sandwiched

The Anatomy of Jung Daehyun
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

"Who is Daehyun?"

I sighed for the very last time before looking back at Sungjae.

"Are you that curious? He is the… uhm… laziest guy in this school. The most happy go lucky guy who does whatever he wants and doesn’t care about the world he lives in," I replied while we headed back to our room after the tour. I couldn’t think of any other descriptions. The word lazy just popped in my mind.

"Hmmm."

"What?"

"Nothing," he answered nonchalantly.

I didn't believe that there was really nothing behind that expression. I shrugged and walked inside, but then Minhyuk called me.

"Eubin, Himchan just called me saying that he wanted us in his office right now," he said while holding his phone in mid-air.

"What does he need?" I walked to him.

"I don't have any idea. He said it was urgent."

"I'm hungry," Eunji pulled on her hair with a frown.

Minhyuk rummaged through his backpack, then turned to Eunji.

"Here, you can have my muffin," he handed it to Eunji who was a bit surprised.

"Arigato Gozaimasu!" Her eyes practically turned heart shaped, though only I could see it clearly. It was so obvious that she felt something with him.

"Gomenasai Eubin. I only have one," he said after trying to find another in his bag.

"It's okay, I'm not that hungry."

Eunji ripped the foil open. "We could share though."

I waved the offer away, "It's fine!" I would have felt guilty if I shared the precious thing that Minhyuk had just given her.

"Sorry Eubin, I only have wrappers, wrappers, plastic and wrappers inside my bag," he zipped his bag and swung it back over his shoulder.

"Yeah, I could tell from the looks of it." His bag looked so light, it didn't seem like he had even used notebooks or pens at their school.

We walked to Himchan's office and, believe it or not, it was my first time going inside. It was spacious and cold because of the air conditioner, and there was a long table at the center with several chairs probably used for meetings and such. He also had his own desk in the corner with several stacks of neglected papers piling up.

Honestly, I never realized that being President was so tough and energy consuming.

Himchan, together with the others, entered the office and we were told to sit at the long table.

Himchan walked in front of us with his charismatic look, opening the paper he was holding as he started to speak, "Konnichiwa! I've gathered you all for an important message I received from the Principal. He just told me that we will be having a late celebration tomorrow and that you should all prepare a special number to be performed after the opening ceremony."

I raised my right hand for a question and he pointed his hand at me.

"Each of us will be performing?"

"The two of you together with a random student of your choice," he replied.

"So anything would be fine, right?" Eunji asked.

Himchan nodded, "Hai! Anything under the sun. You can sing, dance, roll, do cart wheels, and laugh like crazy idiots on the stage – anything."

We all grinned.

"Alright! Fighting!" I looked at Eunji who couldn't hide her smile at the thought that the two of them would be performing plus a back-up.

I wondered what we would do on stage. To be honest, I'd never been on stage before. Shall we dance History or Mama? History is much easier though.

"What should we do Eubin?" Sungjae asked, and I shrugged.

"I still don't have one in mind." I called out Eunji who was spacing out, "Eunji, what will you guys do?"

She snapped out of it. "Uhm. I think we'll go for singing."

Well, I wasn't a good singer. It always rained when I let out those beautiful melodies. So singing would have to be scratched off of the list.

"Okay! I'll be dismissing you now. Good luck with your performances and after that we will have a party," Himchan beamed, which made us all jump for joy.

A party! Sounded awesome to me. There'd be food and food and lots of food.

We went back to our room after the meeting.

 "Let's have our lunch, my stomach is growling," Sungjae complained.

I nodded, then my stomach, thinking it was time to have a break and feed my tummy.

My eyes saw Daehyun from afar leaning on the wall beside our room's door. What is he doing there?

He saw me and waved at us, which was quite unlike him.

"What do you need? I'm quite busy right now," I asked.

"Let's have lunch together."

I was surprised for a second. I definitely heard it right, right? He was asking me to eat lunch. Well this was new to me. Hmmm. He isn't planning something fishy, right?

He cleared his throat, "I mean, I order you Kwon Eubin to have lunch with me right now."

"I'm sorry but I have to accompany Sungjae." This was kind of the first time I had actually refused. I needed to have lunch with Sungjae because it was my duty as his guide.

"Eubin, where will we eat?" Sungjae popped out while his stomach.

"Yeah Eubin, where will we eat?" Daehyun repeated.

I could tell that Sungjae was a bit surprised, and his expression containe a mixture of confusion.

My shoulders fell and so I found myself sitting at the cafeteria table between two guys.

"Let's eat now," my eyes sp

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter