Kekemato

The Anatomy of Jung Daehyun
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

It had been days since Sungjae and the rest left and my life was back as to how it was: being Jung Daehyun's one and only personal maid.

And because of him, using the Library as a resting place for escaping classes, I was once again caught up in this emotional state of frustration. Being the only one who was re-arranging the books in alphabetical order and seeing the real trouble maker resting once again on the floor, how nice my life was!

Slacking was on top of his vocabulary, and unfortunately the librarian had caught him during her clean-up. Unfortunately for me, rather, not for him.

When would this guy realize the important things in life rather than wasting it away by slacking? It made me curious about how high his grades were.

He walked to me and bent down over the books that were scattered on the floor for major resorting purposes.

"What a miracle!" I exclaimed. He had picked up some books and stacked them on the shelf.

"Alright students, you may now leave. Do continue that tomorrow," the librarian said as she entered.

Ahhh. So that's why he came to help for the very last minute. What a brilliant idea it was.

We nodded and went to pick our bags.

"And as for you Mr. Jung Daehyun, I see no reason why a student like you would slack, not with those remarkable grades of yours." She pushed her glasses on the bridge of her nose. "I just had a conversation with the principal and found out several cases of you skipping classes. So you should end up this habit of yours and be proud that almost all of your grades are A+ except for the one you had failed," she continued.

He remained cool and said, "Classes are pretty boring nowadays Ms. Lee."

Did I hear it right? I the air of my wrong judgment. We finally went out of the library and he lazily carried his bag with the energy of a wobbly ol' grandpa.

I really wondered what he had been up to every night for him to be that lazy during the day time.

"Ah. Wait a minute!"

We turned to see the librarian again. I could sense some extra work coming as she raised the black trash bag. "Please throw this out at the back of the library," she continued.

Daehyun marched forward and grabbed it, having an eager-to-throw-the-garbage face. What a joke.

I freely swung my arms back and forth as we walked down the hallway and into one of the deserted parts of our school, the back of the library.

"Why do I feel like something creepy will pop out of nowhere?" I wrapped my arms around my shoulders, feeling the eerie silence of the atmosphere.

"What a scaredy-cat," he chuckled, throwing the pieces of garbage into the large rectangular trash bin.

"Rumor has it that someone saw a lady wandering around this place," he continued.

Almost all the hair in my body rose up. I slowly dragged myself near him.

"Don't you say stupid things like that." My vision travelled around from time to time while I waited for him to finish.

"Awooooo."

An eerie whisper jerked me. I turned to him and slapped his arm, annoyed.

I really wasn't that scared of things like monsters and ghosts. Not until we watched the movie “Wishing Stairs” and from that day on, I swore to never ever watch movies like that. Ever.

"Scaredy-cat," he laughed, enjoying his own definition of enjoyment.

I groaned. Wait till I find all of your weaknesses Jung Daehyun.

A sudden rustle in the bushes freaked me out. My hand automatically crumpled his shirt.

"What was that?!" I shrieked, pointing my other hand towards the bushes although I hadn’t seen the thing.

Daehyun slowly stepped forward, crouching as he took a peek at what was behind the bush.

It began to move again and to my surprise, a cute creature hopped to Daehyun's chest.

"Ahhhhh!" He hollered, and his back fell on the ground. "What is this thing?!"

I ran to him and bent my leg to grab the cute rabbit on his chest.

"Hahaha! Who's the scaredy-cat now?" The palm of my hand softly wrapped around its delicate white body whose fur was as white as Daehyun's teeth. It’s a boy!

I stood up and lifted the rabbit near my eyes. "You poor helpless rabbit, who on earth abandoned you here?"

I couldn't help it, he was just too cute to handle.

Daehyun stood up, regaining his cool after a terrible – no, shameful – attack.

"Why is there a rabbit at the back of the library?" he asked, keeping a distance from me.

Is he actually afraid of this creature? An evil aura aroused inside of me. There was no way a tough guy like him would ever hold back against this cute stuff.

I jokingly brought the rabbit near him.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter