Plan 101

The Anatomy of Jung Daehyun
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Oh my gosh, Eubin, is that how boyfriends and girlfriends act?" Sungjae sandwiched his face between his palms, taking in the hoax he had just heard.

I thought I could tell him the truth behind it, but on second thought maybe his mouth wouldn't be able to keep it.

My right hand lazily tapped against my desk, and I blew on few strands of hair resting on my forehead as I glanced at the magazine Minhyuk was reading.

I peered on the cover as he kept on turning the pages from time to time, crinkling the book. I couldn't seem to read the symbols displayed, snice it was written in Japanese.

"If it wasn't for Hayoung then I probably wouldn't have considered you two as official lovebirds," he continued as my eyes still focused on the cover, awed by a woman in her twenties wearing a fancy dress, embellished with silver garments while carrying a really cool bass guitar, rocking her way in the crowd of cute teddy bears. I found Japanese Vogue to be quite crafty.

"Eubin, are you listening?" Sungjae's voice brought back my attention, and I realized I'd forgotten he was speaking when I was preoccupied by the model.

"Ah. Yes, I am," I replied, not taking my eyes off the page.

He leaned towards me and took a peek at the picture I was studying, "Are you perhaps a huge fan of Shinae?"

"Who? Ah. That lady?" I pointed for confirmation.

He nodded. Minhyuk paused from flipping the pages and stared at us. He took a glimpse at the cover and set his eyes on us once again.

"I never knew you were a huge fan of actresses," Minhyuk said.

I shook my head. "I was just admiring her enticing beauty that kind of caught my attention, I think I've seen her face somewhere before."

"She's a Korean who started her career in Japan, and did you know that she's the most sought after actress there? After all, her looks are definitely stunning," Sungjae beamed and from the looks of it, he was a fan of this Shinae lady.

Minhyuk plopped the book on his desk. "You have to guess her age before I can lend you this magazine."

"Uhm. 30?"

He exchanged a glance with Sungjae, shaking his head as he said, "Wrong! 50."

My eyes widened. "50?!" I gasped, "You've got to be kidding me!"

The woman was beguiling in her age. Looks could certainly be deceiving.

Sungjae returned to his seat. "Now back to our conversation," he pursed his lips, "Where were we again?"

"To the Korean actress?" I answered, although truthfully I did remember where we had left off.

He shook his head, "Now back to Daehyun, how did the two of you meet?"

And so, rewinding the time back to when I was narrating my silly love story to Bomi and the others, I found myself repeating it again, but this time arranging the cluttered scene and turning it into a more realistic one only for him to hear.

His curiosity resulted from an array of lies that he conceived as factual, and I felt sorry for him.

"That's really a great story, so different from mine. You see my girlfriend and I started off as mere strangers. She suddenly grabbed me out of the blue, pleading to let me be her boyfriend for a month because of the situation she was stuck in," he laughed, and my jaws dropped. That was an exact replica of my story, only his was true.

"And so I agreed, thinking that it would be fun, and later realization hit me – I had fallen for her," his eyes sparkled, and I could sense that he really liked that person. "So let's leave that there and focus on your relationship here. From now on, I will be your second boyfriend!"

My nose crinkled at his idea, "Hey, are you really serious with your girlfriend?"

"Don't mind about that and let's focus on arousing his inner jealousy. This would be fun!" Fist raised, he jumped from his seat and made the whole class stare at him for several seconds before exhaling laughter.

"I don't know. I just don't know," I mumbled.

---

I found myself slurping the Taro bubble tea Sungjae bought me. He deemed it to be a good prop for his so-called scheme. I sat on the bench, lazily swinging my legs back and forth while gazing at him, standing on guard for any of sign of Daehyun's shadow.

I would have been enjoying this, but NO. He was just relentlessly preoccupying himself for some idea that might not even work.

I stood up and went to the nearest garbage can to throw the empty plastic cup.

"Eubin!" I hurriedly glanced at him, thinking he saw a ghost or something with how high pitched his voice sounded.

"What?"

Frowning, he said, "Why did you throw out the bubble tea cup?"

I shrugged, "Because it was empty?"

"Aigoo! I spent so much for that thinking that we could use that later," he said as he caught Daehyun coming our way, then hopped toward me. Grabbing his phone then raised it in front of us.

"Saaaaay sausage!" He beamed, and I realized that we were taking a selca.

His nose crinkled as he saw the captured photo. "Eubin, the cam caught a derp photo of you!"

"I wasn't prepared." I did look horrible in the photo. "Delete that!"

He snickered a fake and deceiving laugh, "No way!"

Daehyun paused in front of us with a blank expression.

I tilted my head and whispered in his ear, "See, I told you this wouldn’t work."

"Are you two endorsing or something?" he chuckled, placing his pointing finger at the edge of his nose, his thumb on the depth of his jaw.

"Endorsing what?" Sausage, I mean Sungjae asked.

We followed the direction his finger was pointing, "The trash can?"

"Daehyun, PE class will start in a minute!" He glanced to the guy who called him and gave him a nod.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter