Second encounter

I never knew I needed you..

“ARGH!” I can see big circles around my eyes.. eyebags. I haven’t had proper sleep for two nights. My excuse for sleeping late the previous night is acceptable, but my reason for falling asleep late last night has no apparent reason at aall. "Why does he have to take too much of my brain cells!?!?!” WEIRD, RIGHT? He just keeps creeping under my skin. No, I don’t like him. I only like him in a way that I like to tie his uniform, which I washed yesterday, around his neck. He does have beautiful pair of eyes, prominent noise, and did I mention he has kissable lips, uuuhhh- ok—he’s handsome, I admit. *snap WHAT!? I hate him, I don’t like him… I don’t want to see him again.

“Speaking of seeing him again, that’s gonna be impossible, at least for now. Not until I give him back his uniform, then I’m free.” Do you believe in like at first sight, then after a split second, it’s now hate at first sight. Ok nevermind. “I hope he grows old alone because of his ego.”

I should be preparing to take my bath, but the water is too cold. This is what I do… every morning before taking a shower, I sprinkle my face with water from the faucet.. It’s coooooooold….. brrrrrrr

 

+-+

While at the school grounds, “Where could I possibly find that guy, I don’t even know his name, I know what he looks like. I couldn’t just ask every student here where he is while describing what he looks like. Should I just leave his uniform at the lost and found”  I know I’m talking to myself again.

While I was on my way to the lost and found office.. 1..2..3.. steps and..

 

*THUG

 

I wasn’t really looking at where I was going because I was kind of busy staring at the floor. TADA! When I raised my head to see who I bumped into.. there he was glaring at me again and I just SMIRKED at him. “ehe! Hi~~” :3 psh whatever.

So.. no “Hello” from him.. He just glared at me.. ok, it was really my fault because I was not looking, “Can you stop glaring at me.. please” I murmured shyly.

“huh?” was his response “Are you a stalker? or some kind of a paparazzi?” he said sounding a little irritated, I think.

“uuh—your uniform”  as I handed his shirt to him, at first he was clueless and didn’t immediately take his uniform from my hands, then he snatched it from me and started walking.. guess where he’s heading? To the trash bin.

As he started walking to the opposite direction from where I was going, “I don’t like people touching my things” he said while placing his hands in his side pockets..

“wh-what?” I just blurted in disbelief “after asking me to wash his uniform, he’s just gonna throw it? Why didn’t he just throw it away in the first place, instead of asking me to wash it for him!?” I bit my lip to stop myself from blurting more words because of irritation. My effort in removing the stains from his uniform.. bye..

 

+-+-

I started walking to my next class, English class, I love studying, but my professor in this subject is, I think, holding a grudge against me for no reason. She just likes making things complicated, she even gave me a nickname.

“Hello Ms. Hun” she calls me by my surname, Hun Ji-Un, is my whole name. Yep.. Hun = as in how you read /huhn/ in /honey/.

“Hi Ms. Flay” her names uglier.. I hope she gets dandruff flakes all over her head.. eek! Gross. But kidding aside, she’s fine as a professor, I just don’t like being called by my surname. Sounds like an endearment, I hate endearments like babe, baby, hon, dear.. bla bla bla the list goes on.. psh!

As I was walking in between tables in our classroom, the seat beside me is always unoccupied, no one wants to sit with me ‘cause, yeah, I’m weird, I have my own world. And I usually sit beside the window, but someone has already occupied my space, my table, my seat.. my own world inside this class!

“wh-who-why—is someone? Heck!” this can’t be.. that guy.. is in my class? I walked to him, when I was already standing in front of him, he was just staring at the window while listening to his music. I CAN HEAR HIS MUSIC, IT’S TOO LOUD. I crossed my arm in front of my chest, ready to confront him. I’ll ask him nicely don’t worry.

“uhh-hi~” I greeted. I was like talking to a ghost. I was standing there, he didn’t bother to acknowledge my presence, look at my direction and I guess he didn’t notice that I was trying to talk to him.

“Hi~~” I said again waving my hand in front of his face.

Then he turned and looked at me. YIKES!! He’s got his glaring eyes pinned on me again. Ok I’ll just slowly walk away.. *side steps *side steps EEP!!

“uhh- I’ll just sit right here..” I said almost murmuring as I placed my things on the unoccupied seat beside my “original seat/table/world/window” He’s back to staring outside the window.. I can only see him through my peripheral view. But, I can still hear his music, how’s he able to listen to or learn while wearing his headset in FULL BLAST.

“Class, I would like to announce that you have a new classmate, he just came to Seoul yesterday from Canada.” Ms Flay started talking while staring at the guy occupying my seat. “Mr. Cha Sunwoo, please introduce yourself to everyone.”

The guy who’s still listening to his music, stood up then poised to remove his headset from his ear. “Yoh~!” he said as he raise his right hand greeting everyone in class.

“Feeling cool huh~psh” I murmured as I looked away from him, then I felt like someone was staring at me, I think he heard what I just said ‘cause he’s eyes are now piercing a hole in my head. “don’t look~ aish chincha! Why can’t I just stop talking.. ” I said to myself while scratching my head.

“Everyone, please befriend Mr. Sunwoo and enjoy the rest of the semester as classmates in my subject.” Said Ms. Flay *clap she made a clapping sound which made me snap back to the world.

“I’ll give a project which will last for the whole semester, don’t worry this is not something that everyone will not enjoy. You are all going to work this project as partners. I’ll give it as early as now, so that you’ll have more time in preparing for this one. Remember, if any group does not do well in this project will result to failure in my subject.”

*gulp “I hate working in pairs, nor do I like working in a team” I saw Ms. Flay smirking at me when she saw my expression. I felt like I need to poop just by hearing her say that we need to work in team. OTTOKE!

“each team will write a song about their relationship. Doesn’t matter if it’s about a friend, bestfriend, love, boyfriend-girlfriend. As long as your team was able to produce a song that will describe your relationship. “ she continued

I wanted to slam my head on my table because aside from the fact that I don’t have any creativity and stuffs that could help me write a song.. I have NO talent in singing. A frog would sound better than I am. SWEAR “ugh..” my classmates were all smiles and happy because they were hoping to be partnered with their bestfriends and friends, I’m not.  I think I was the only person in the classroom who hates the project, and maybe the guy beside me also hates it, I don’t know, I’m not really sure because he’s been staring at the window. I guess, he doesn’t really care. Some of my girl classmates were already eyeing to ask him to be their partner, I know, I can hear them.. flirts!

“I already made a list of who’s going to be partnered with whom.” Ms. Flay announced

“AAAAAAAAAAWWWHH..” everyone shouted in protest

“This will help you all build relationship with other people. Please everyone, be seated. I’ll announce the list” then she went on with her list.. why do I have to wait for her to announce my name. What is this a thriller movie. Don’t she dare partner me with this guy. I have a feeling that if she does, I’ll fail in her class because we’ll be both unproductive.

 

“Ms. Hun and Mr. Sunwoo”

 

and.. I was happy to finally hear my name, but when she said the name of my partner I was DEVASTATED. I mean. Of all people. All want I is for my life to be peaceful.. I’m invincible, I’m a ghost..

“Everyone please go to your partner, the whole period is for you to interact and get to know more about each other.” *clap *clap she signaled everyone to start moving to their partners. I don’t really have to go anywhere ‘cause we’re technically seatmates.

I moved my table beside him, and as I have figured, we’re being unproductive in our class. HOW COULD WE BE PRODUCTIVE? THERE'S NO RELATIONSHIP BETWEEN US TO BEGIN WITH. No one is talking. Until..

 

Hi.

 

He slipped a paper on my table. I was kinda shocked with his action. I thought he’s gonna shout again or just ignore me for the rest of the period.  I took the paper and started writing something..

 

Hello.

 

I slipped the paper back to him.

 

I’m Sunwoo, you can call me Baro. I believe we haven’t been formally introduced. I heard our professor call you Hun. So is that your name?

 

I felt slamming my head on the desk. I thought he was listening to his music, he couldn’t have heard Ms. Flay call me that.

 

I’m Ji-Un, she only calls me with my surname.

 

I pushed the paper back to him, I’m kind of excited talking to him. Not really talking, because we’re communicating on a paper, but at least, he’s not glaring or shouting at me this time.

 

I just read her lips. I’m not really good with names though, I’ll definitely forget your name anyway.

 

Ms. Flay and her fond of calling me by my surname. *mentally scratching her face with my nails I don’t really want to end our conversation so I thought of asking him something about himself. Maybe it’ll help me make him open up, at least to get to know a few things about him.

 

That’s awesome, I wish I could read lips like you, I guess you can call that a talent.. I don’t know why she calls me by my surname, I think she just loves it ‘cause it kind of sound like an endearment. soo.. what are you listening to?

 

I slid the paper back to him. I am really amused with our way of communicating. Did I mention, all I can focus on right now is Baro, and the note, OH YEAH.. and his loud music. I can hear what he was listening to, but not so clear for me to recognize the song. I looked up the clock and see that we still have half an hour to left.

 

How to love by Lil Wayne.

 

I’ve heard the song before, it was an interesting song, but i didn’t find myself liking it.

 

I’ve heard that before, but I’ve never actually listened to it.. what’s your favorite band?

 

I pushed the paper back to him.. there were monments when he would pause from writing and then start again.

 

Big Bang, Chance, Green day, 30 seconds to Mars, A rocket to the moon.

 

I am not really fond of listening to music, but I do listen to few. But I can see that most of these are pop-rock genres.

 

I’ve heard them. I do listen to Demi Lovato, Carly Rae, Adele, Pink.. but, I can’t call them my favorite. I’m not fond of listening to music, to be honest.

 

I saw him smirk after reading my response, what was he smirking about? My not being fond of music? What’s so funny about that? He slid the paper back to me.

 

Well, I guess that’s gonna be a problem.

 

Because the paper is almost out of space to write on, I started talking while making faces “I may not be talented in singing, but I won’t be a shirking while doing this project, don’t worry.” I rolled my eyes in frustration.

 

He took the paper from me and wrote something..

That’s not what I mean, like.. maybe I’ll just try to teach you. Would you like to hang out after class?

 

My heart pump uncontrollably after reading the note.. he’s not asking me out right? No, it’s for the project. “Uhh--” I was thinking of a way out.. It feels really awkward. “I have a part time job after class.”

 

I saw him smirk again. He took the paper again and it just took him two seconds to respond. He’s now looking at me eye to eye as he slid the paper towards me.

Ok.

 

“STUPID!!” I shouted to myself. “PABO!” maybe he thought I rejected him. Why do I feel like I betrayed myself? There’s nothing wrong with just hanging out right? What has been circling my mind the whole time that I was talking to him, he's so different from the guy that I met yesterday, and the guy that I saw this morning. Does he have mental illness? Double personality? A disorder?

*kring *kring

“AHH!” I was startled by the school bell’s ring, all my classmates were staring at me with their WTF faces, I don’t really care because what I noticed first after snapping back to the world were his two eyes locked staring at me,  I didn’t even notice that I was blankly staring at him again while talking to myself.

 He leaned closer “Ji-un, I know I’m good looking, stop staring.” He mumbled as he took his backpack and carried in on his right shoulder and walked away.

I was not able to respond to what he said, I was stoned. REALLY. I was dumbfounded. He called me with my name. YES! I heard it right he said my name.. *dugun *dugun NOPE. NO. What's wrong with him? Like.. one moment he’s cute, the next minute he’s circled with his ego aura. “ARGH!” I blurted as I slam my head on the table. *thug *thug *thug