Love and Thunder

I never knew I needed you..

My math class was already done, but I needed to hurry to my locker room because I left my homework and my professor was already asking the class for it. I excused myself from the class and headed to my locker room. I literally scrambled my things in the locker trying to find my paper when someone snuck behind my back.

 

“hey~!” Baro said in a low tone, he leaned his back on the locker beside mine. “busy to even say hi to me?” he said now faking a sad expression.

“Hi~” I said flatly without even looking.

“that was harsh..” he said as he lowered his head to look on his feet.

I felt sorry for him because I was busy scrambling my things while looking for my paper, “Don’t you have class?” I said as I glanced at him for a moment.

He placed his hands on his pocket and said, “My chemistry partner is flirting with me, I don’t even like her.” he said in an irritated tone.

Now he’s got my attention, he’s good looking and it’s impossible for other girls not to notice him. I had to admit, I got a little jealous towards his chemistry partner, too bad I took my chemistry last year. “So? If you like the girl, it’s okay if she flirts with you~?” I asked him arching my eyebrow.

He gave me a wide grin, he must’ve noticed how jealous I sounded, so he turned to look at my direction, his side is now leaning on the locker. “Someone’s jealous..” he teased.

I pretended to look for my paper again, trying not to look back at him, “No~ I~I’m not~”

I earned a laugh from Baro because of my stuttering and not so convincing acting, “you’ve got to know that your acting never works on me, babe.”

My cheeks started heating up again after hearing him call me with his favorite endearment, I bit my lower lip as I rolled my eyes. I closed my locker door, still ignoring him. I was about to walk away, but his hands were too quick, he was able to grab my waist and twirl me around to him, he had pulled me into a hug.

“hey~!” I protested while trying to push him away, but he was too strong for me, “go back to class, you might miss your flirting session.” I said as I rolled my eyes.

He started laughing, I frowned at him because he finds this 'jealousy' funny. I’m already dying here because of jealousy, “and so someone said I was possessive..” he said arching his eyebrow at me.

“You’ve got to stop reading lips.” I said glaring at him.

He gave me a playful smirk, “Not if I’m going to read yours.”

I rolled my eyes on him, though my cheeks started to turn even redder he’s got to stop flirting or I’ll end up in the hospital with a heart attack, “I still need to pass my paper.” I said trying to push him away, but there was no use.

He started laughing again, “I don’t want to go back to class.” He complained still holding me in a hug, if we continue like this people might see us once the class ends.

“but, I have to pass my paper..” I protested, and then an idea came to my mind. There’s one way for me to get away from this.

 

I pushed him a little to give me access to his cheek, he just looked at me with confusion in his eyes. My heart was doing its crazy tango inside my chest, then I leaned closer to him and gave him a light peck on his cheek, just like what I thought he was dumbfounded. “Got ya~!” I teased as I walk away from him. He just stood there staring at me while I head back to my room. I let out a smile before pushing the door open.

 

+++

I was able to pass my homework before the bell rang. Now, I’m heading to the theater for our first practice on stage. Lee Joon and I had been attending extra acting sessions with Mr. Carter and singing lessons with Ms. Flay. For the whole week, it seemed like Lee Joon and I are getting along despite the fact that he had just or almost confessed his feelings for me.

I had to admit, it was a little awkward if I think about it, but if I’ll just let it pass. Maybe, he’ll get over his feelings eventually.

 

“Alright, so is everybody here?” Mr. Carter started, he was with someone who’s quite familiar, but I was too far to recognize the guy,

“Yeah~!” everyone answered in unison.

“let me introduce Mr. Jung Jinyoung.” Mr. Carter said as he laid his hand on the shoulders of the guy, “He’s my assistant, he’s here to help us with the play.” He introduced the guy, who I recognize to be one of Baro’s friends. He’s Jinyoung, one of the boys from Shinwoo-ssi’s batch. Some girls in the room started murmuring and mumbling with their friends. I’m taking a wild guess, they are talking about how attractive Jinyoung is. Yes, he is quite a guy. Smart, handsome, and he’s very popular with girls because he plays guitar and was part of the play last year.

“hello~” Jinyoung waved his hands, “My name is Jung Jinyoung, you can call me Jinyoung.” He said while giving everyone an eye-smile. Then every girl started giving him googly eyes.  

“alright, shall we start?” Mr. Carter clapped his hands to get everyone’s attention, “I need Ji-Un and Kang hyeon to come on stage.” Kang Hyeon, is one of the guys in drama class who got the role of Raoul, Christine’s first love in the story. “then later we’ll have Ji-Un and Lee Joon” Mr. Carter said, and everyone moved to their places. “We’ll need to work on building your chemistry in your characters.”

 

Okay so here I go, I needed to just ruin everything by playing the role of Christine. Great right? Mr. Carter must have been drunk when he decided to give me this role. I big time. I just know that I’ll ruin everything, no matter what. As I walk to the stage, everyone was staring at us, I felt a little nervous because I know I’ll end up humiliated.

 

“Okay.. maybe you guys can perform ‘All I ask of you’ ” Mr. Carter said as Kang Hyeon and I take a spot on stage, he was feeling cool about it, but I’m not. This is gonna be awkward. “I’m sure you’ve seen the play or even the movie, so let’s see just how you’d do and then later we can work on it.” Mr. Carter instructed. Here goes nothing.

“You can do it, Ji-Un~!” I heard Ji-hae shout, I rolled my eyes because I know she meant the other way around.

 

Kang Hyeon started with his part, we were just standing on stage holding our lyrics, this is awkward, I know. I would never want anybody this close, except for Baro. I cracked my voice a little while singing my part. I knew this wasn’t a good idea. First of all, I’m never too confident about my voice, I don’t sing. At all. This is the first time in my life that I’ll be doing this. If it weren’t for my grade I wouldn’t have accepted the role.

 

When were done singing the songs. I took a deep breath, I big time. Kang Hyeon tapped my shoulders, “You did great..” he said as he gave me a friendly smile.

“That was great~!” Mr. Carter exclaimed, “I just noticed that you’re still tensed Ji-Un, I guess, you need to put more effort in building your confidence. What can you say Jinyoung? Any suggestion for them? ” Mr. Carter said while holding his chin up.

Jinyoung cocked his head, his arms were curled in front of his chest, he was watching us intently while we were singing. Ugly compliments won’t hurt, I’m already used to that. “hhhmm.. you.” He said pointing his finger at Kang Hyeon. “good job! But, you’ve got to do better than that or I’ll ask Mr. Carter to find another guy to replace you.” He then turned to look at me, “And you..” his eyes furrowed as if he was examining every inch of me, “you’ve got a great voice, you just have to be confident about it.”

“alright! So next up, Lee joon and Ji-Un” Mr. Carter clapped his hands, Kang Hyeon stepped down from the stage, as for me, I stayed on my spot because I have to rehearse with Lee Joon this time.

Lee Joon walked to the spot beside me, he was staring down at me which made me feel a little awkward. “You did great~” he said with a smile plastered on his lips.

“You’re kidding right?” I said rolling eyes at him, “I cracked.”

Lee joon opened his mouth and was about to say something but Mr. Carter interrupted him, “Lee Joon, let us hear.. ‘Music of the Night’”

 

oh boy~ not that song. I thought to myself, Music of the Night was the song that was sang by the Phantom to Christine when he trapped her in his dungeon. It was the song he sang to pour his heart out. I’m hoping that Lee Joon is not gonna use this opportunity to make our situation even more difficult as it is.

 

“You both are really cute together.” Ji-Hae cheered, and with that she earned a glare from me. She just gave me wide, ugly smile. She’s really into pushing Lee-joon and I together, isn’t she?

 

“Nighttime sharpens, heightens each sensation
Darkness stirs and wakes imagination
Silently the senses abandon the defense.”

 

Okay, so I’m panicking right now, Lee joon started singing his part. My role has no line here. I just have to listen to him sing and then apparently pretend that I’m already falling for him because of his voice. Which I can’t because I don’t like him like that, heck I can’t even look at him in the eyes. I tried faking a smile at him whenever our eyes meet, but then I would look away because he was just into his song. And the situation was outright awkward for me.

Lee joon moved a little closer, he was so close to my liking. Hello? Ever heard of personal space? Maybe he hasn’t heard of it because I swear if he ever leans closer to me I’m going to scream. My eyes furrowed at him as he leaned even more closely to me, I leaned back trying to build a gap between us, but it was no use because he had wrapped his right arm, around my waist.

“Baro~ where are you?” I mumbled to myself while forcefully closing my eyes. This is not happening. This can’t happen.

My eyes widen in surprise when I felt Lee Joon’s lips press on to mine. I heard loud gasps from everyone in the theater, I pushed him away hard enough for him to let go of his hold on my waist. I rubbed the back of my hand on my lips trying to remove his kiss. I was glaring at him with disgust, then I raised my hand to give him a head spinning slap.

 

“How dare you?” I scowled as I stomped my way down the stage. To my defense I have the right to give him that slap because he just kissed me. He was not supposed to do that, in front of everyone, and Ji-Hae! She was there! What if she tells Baro about this. I took a deep breath trying to analyze things in my head, I’ll tell him, okay. I will.

“Ji-Un, I’m sorry.” Lee Joon said, and I turned to give him a death glare.

I made my way to Mr. Carter and Jinyoung, who were dumbfounded but still in awe, as if they liked the acting so much and I just have to ruin it by slapping Lee Joon. “I’m sorry Mr. Carter, but I don’t think I can do this play anymore.” I turned my back at him and walked off.

 

I found myself under a tree in the Amphi theater, taking deep breaths while rubbing my temple with my hand. I had to tell Baro, he must know, but if he finds out about it, he’s gonna be furious. I don’t want this issue to come from Ji-hae, she’s just going to exaggerate things. The last time I can remember, her stories pushed Baro to embarrass me in front of her parents. “oh god! Why is this happening?”

 

“Everything okay?” I took a deep breath when I heard his familiar voice beside me. I lowered my head trying to hide my face from him. I don’t know how I will face Baro after what Lee Joon did.

“uh~ I just~ wanted to ~ air..” I tried to compose a sentence out of my head, but I failed, it’s like I lost my ability to speak. “Air, I need air..” I said faking a chuckle at him.

Baro brushed his hand on his hair before taking the spot beside me, he gave me a smile which made my heart do little tango’s inside my chest. Wow~ and just like that I forgot all my problems. I was just staring at him like everything around him was a blur.

“take a picture, it’ll last longer.” He said as he gave me a side smile, teasing me again.

I started laughing at him, he was just staring at me the whole time I was laughing.

“that’s new..” he said smiling, “you never laugh.”

“I do laugh!” I scowled at him still smiling.

“Yes, you do. When you’re with Lee Joon.” I saw his hand form into a fist, his smile was gone and his expression darkened. I know his dead jealous about Lee Joon, I feel the same way with Ji-Hae, but he seems to just ignore it.

Remembering Lee Joon, I can’t forgive him for kissing me during practice. I don’t really want to think about him, it’s like I’m cheating with Baro.

 I took a deep breath before opening my mouth to tell him what has been bothering me, but he stood up and dusted off his pants. “I still need to go to the principal, I just saw you on your way here so I thought I might say hi.” He said smiling then turned his back on me.

“Hey~” I shouted to call his attention, “I’ll still see you later right~? Uhm.. I mean we’re still going to your friends?” I asked in an unsure tone.

 

He stopped walking and glanced over his shoulders to look at me. Baro gave me a smile and then winked like a bad boy he is. My heart swell after seeing him do that. I’ve never felt this way before, maybe that’s why my heart is so giddy wanting to see his other moves that would make me spin my head in delight. I smiled at the thought of spending the time with hima and his friends.

 

+++

I went to the café to take at least two hours shift. I haven’t been working in a while and I kind of missed it. The place was packed with people and I know how busy everyone is inside.

“Annyeong~” I greeted my colleagues and Shinwoo-ssi with a wide smile.

They smiled back at me, “Hey~we’ve missed you here.” Kim said as he gave me a friendly hug, “Now, take the order of those girls who just came in.” I frowned at him because he was so good at handing over his job to me.

“Why don’t you do it?” I said raising an eyebrow at him.

“I can’t.” he said in a low tone as he glance at Kelly who was at the counter with a scowl on her face. oh~ I get it, these two have something going on between them. Now, I can get back at them for their teasing when they saw me with Baro.

Kelly and you?” I mouthed trying not to voice my words out. He just nodded. He gave me a puppy look, and he knows I can’t stand them when they give me that look. “Fine.” I said groaning.

“Thank you!” he exclaimed as he clasped my hands with his. I just rolled my eyes at him and made my way to the table.

 

I wore a wide smile as I head to the table. They were talking about something, but I’m not one to pry if it’s not something that could catch my attention, like a gossip in campus. I like listening to gossips, but as long as it’s not about me dating Baro, it’s fine. 

 

“oh yeah.” The girl sitting on the aisle exclaimed, “They said he was friends with the owner of this café, and he’s actually cute right, too bad he’s sick.” She said frowning.

“hey! It’s not like he has a contagious disease.” One of the girls defended, “He’s actually hot, despite the fact that he’s suffering awfully for a long time.”

“I actually find his relationship with his girl cute.” The other girl added, “I mean, they said she never talked to anyone, at all. She was quiet and shy but she’s smart. And he made her go out with him.” all the girls giggled.

 

I cleared my throat to get their attention. They all raised their heads to look at me. Boy, they honestly scared me when their eyes widened at the sight of me.

 

“hi~” I said while giving them an unsure smile, it was actually awkward to just pop up and distract them with their gossiping. But, they can’t stay in the café without ordering, “uhm~ may I take your orders?”

 

The girls started scrambling the pages of the menu in front of them, they are weirding me out actually, I don’t know why. It’s as if I was the one they were gossiping about. Am I? I was deep in thought trying to recall everything I heard from them as they scan on the menu as the café door swung open.

 

“Annyeonghasseyo~” I said without looking at the customer who just came in.

“yoh~” said the guy who just came in, then I saw Shinwoo-ssi walk to the direction of the guy. The person must be someone he knows.

 

Then the three girls raised their heads to look at me and dictated their orders, then I saw one of them glance over the guy who came in a while ago, I bet he’s good looking because they all started mumbling to themselves again. Wow~ what typical girls usually do around boys. I smirk in disgust as I made my way to the counter.

 

Kelly raised her brows at me, as if trying to say something without voicing it out, “What?” I scowled at her.

“What do you mean what?” She said with a half-smile plastered on her face, “Come on, Shinwoo-ssi’s friend is seriously checking you out.”

My eyes furrowed at her, “oh please~ I’m so done with guys checking me out.” I said as a matter of factly. Then I turned my head to the person that Shinwoo-ssi was talking to. It was Jinyoung, I saw him staring at me. He’s not checking me out, Kelly just interpreted his staring differently, he was actually giving me a warning look. As if I was a threat or something.

 

Then I saw Shinwoo-ssi mumbled something making him turn his attention which then made his expression change. What is wrong with that person, I’m sure he’s a friend of Baro he must be kind in some ways but he can’t just look at someone like that.

A few moments later Jinyoung left without ordering, I kept myself busy enough to ignore his constant glance over me. To be honest, whatever his reason for raining those looks on me is scaring me. He couldn’t have told Baro about the incident with Lee joon, right? He can’t!

 

I was busy cleaning the tables outside, “hey~!” someone sneak behind me causing me to jump in surprise. Seriously, can’t I have a peace of mind? I turned to look at the person who caused me to almost drop everything I was holding few moments ago. My eyes were furrowed as I turned my head to look at the person, when I saw Baro standing right behind me I immediately smiled at him.

He was smiling like a kid, and he looks really excited, “Why do you always have to be so jumpy?” he teased as he wrapped his arms around my waist causing my body to shift and face him. My heart started to hammer inside my head as his arms tighten around my waist.

“uhm~ I have to finish this~ ” I said trying to find an excuse and run away from him. What? Who am I kidding? I like him holding me like this. I just don’t want him to see me blushing like a tomato. “And~ stop sneaking behind me~” I said faking a scowl.

He gave me smirk, oh that lovely one he usually gave me when he notices how hard I try to push him away. “you know you’re not helping yourself when you blush like that, babe.” He mumbled in between chuckles. How can he be so adorable and, ok hot, at the same time?

I gave him a sour look, “hey~ I have work.” I said as I tried pushing him away, but to no avail.

“It’s already 5:30, and we still have to drive our way to my friend’s house.” He smiled sheepishly, he’s totally not giving me any chance to walk out on him.

“okay~ fine.” I finally gave up when he leaned closer and looked like he was about to kiss me, “I’ll just go change.” I said as I let out a deep sigh when he let go of my waist. “just~ wait here.” I walked to the locker room, my legs felt like they turned to jelly and I don’t even know how I got to the locker room without falling over.

When I stepped out of the locker room, Kim and Kelly were giving me their goo-goo eyes. I raised my brows at them, “ You guys, stop looking at me like that. I know I don’t need to play innocent about it anymore.”

“oh yeah~” Kim said nodding his head, “We saw you..”

Kelly placed her arms in front of her chest, “you were the talk of almost all the students who came here. Quite an attention you’ve been receiving lately.” She said smirking at me.

I rolled my eyes at them, they are really enjoying this, aren’t they? “I got to go alright? See you both tomorrow..” I waved them goodbye before walking out of the café.

 

 Baro was just sitting at the spot where I left him. His back was facing me, but I can tell that he’s busy playing something on his smartphone. Time to get my revenge. I smirked. Slowly I walked up behind him, I’m now standing just a foot away from him. Seems like he hasn’t noticed me, so I bent over not to close to his ears and shouted, “BOOOO~!!!!”

He literally jumped from where he was sitting causing him to drop his phone from his hand, I stood on my spot laughing my off at him. He was wearing a smile on his face, still a bit in shock. He went to pick up his phone, and when I had finally composed myself. I took deep breaths, smiling my most wicked smile.

 

“is your phone okay?” I asked still trying to hold my laugh.

“Wow~ classic.” He said trying to put back his smartphone together, “I didn’t see that coming.” He said as he gave me a half smile.

“I’m sorry..” trying to face a frown, but I just can’t his face was priceless.

“Do that again or I’ll kiss you.” He said in a serious tone as he stepped a little closer to me. I didn’t know he’s going to take that seriously.

I gulped at the thought of him kissing me again, so I tried to think of a way to change the topic, “uhm~ let’s go~” I said in a nervous tone smiling while raising my hand pointing my thumb to a spot.

 

But he seemed like he’s up to no good again, he was just staring at me his eyes were locked on mine. He’s actually going to kiss me again, he leaned a little closer as he held my hand to his. Alright, he was serious in kissing me again. My heart started pouncing on my chest, I took a deep breath as my eyes shut on its own waiting for the moment to come.

 Three seconds later, there was nothing. I opened my left eye, then my right. And I saw him wearing his evil smile. Oh yeah~! He got me there again. How many times do I really have to fall for that? I wanted to smack myself for not learnign from the last time.

 

“I’m not gonna say, I got you there, babe.” He said still looking at me wearing his smile, “I really wanted to kiss you.” He mumbled as he leaned his head near my ear, and I felt my cheeks heat up again. “But, people are watching. I know you hate attention.” He continued as he tightens his grip on my hand.

He was really going to kiss me. If I could have pulled his neck and just let him kiss me, I did. But, I can’t ‘cause that’s not me. I gulped as I felt his hand lead its way to the small of my back. “Come on.” He said as he pushed me to the sidewalk and into the parking lot.

 

He opened the passenger door for me just like last time. I really like him being his gentleman self. We were silent inside the car while on our way to his friend’s hjose. I don’t want to talk because I was really nervous with the idea of spending time with his friends. I’m not really good at this. Plus, my experience last time with spending people that are close to him was not really that good.

Baro glanced over at me and slid his free hand to hold mine.. “You’re gonna be okay, trust me..” he said in a low calming tone, somehow it helped me relax. Baro’s gonna be there, so I don’t really have to worry. But there's something that i've been worrying about the whole time, Baro finding out about Lee Joon kissing me during our rehearsal earlier.

 

 

 

 

 

 

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________

A/N:

I'm so glad to have finally updated this story. Any violent reaction about Lee Joon stealing a kiss from Ji-Un? Let's just be glad that it happened after Baro took her first kiss, right? :)

I might have to fast forward the story to Baro's special day. Okay? plus, I'll be dropping a bomb about Baro, and what is really up to him.

 

Don't forget to comment and subscribe alright? I love reading your comments everyone, makes me feel so proud about my story :)

 

Love lots xoxo :*