First date? NOT.

I never knew I needed you..

I was on my way to the café, good thing my last period is free cut that day. I got the chance to leave school early, though I really wanted to stay in the library. Unfortunately, I can’t ‘cause I saw Baro leaning on the wall beside the entrance to the library.

 

“AISH!” I exclaimed, then kicked a small rock in frustration

 

“Hey.” I heard a very familiar voice that was just right behind me.

 

When I turned my head to the person who called for my attention, it was Baro. He was walking right behind me while his hands are on his jacket, still wearing his headset. “Really?” I rolled my eyes as I turned my back on him. *ignore

 

“I-I’m.. sorry for what happened at the canteen.” He said almost like whispering

 

I almost didn’t hear him say the “sorry” part, “What?” I stopped walking, but I did not turn to look at him.

 

“I know you heard me.” He just said in monotone.

 

I turned to look at him, I was just confused why this person is so hard to read. There are different sides of him that I don’t really understand. I gave him a confused look.

He just gave me a smile and started walking again, “You’re on your way to the café, right?” he’s now standing right beside me “Good, I was on my way there as well..” much to my surprise I was not able to complain when he swiftly held my arm almost pulling me. He was walking really fast, if he wasn’t holding my arm, I could’ve tripped right then and there.

I don’t really understand the feeling that he’s causing me. Earlier that day he asked me for lunch, I got a little giddy and excited to be honest, but right after that he just got angry when I told him that I should leave, then.. during our Art class.. he alsmost.. I thought.. he was going to kiss me. I felt my heart pounding really fast again when the thought of what if he actually had kissed me.OTTOKE~!” I shook my head really hard hoping to remove my inhibitions. If he did kiss me, he’s gonna be my first kiss.

I wouldn’t have realized that we were already at the café if Kim and Kelly, my colleagues, didn’t make a teasing sound “OOOOHH.. look who’s got herself a boyfriend.” They both gave me a blink.I removed my hands from Baro’s, and I can see from his smile that he intended to pull me to the café with him so that my friends would get the idea that we’re together.. like together.

I slapped my forehead with my hand, then started walking to the locker room to change, “That was not what you think it was~~” I told my colleagues calmly

“mind telling us what it is then?” Kim teased.

“That was just.. n-nothing.. he.. uh~~ he was just my partner in my project..” I explained, though I really don’t need to because they are already full of the idea that I’m dating Baro. PUH-LEASE.. of all people. Although, to be honest, I appreciate the fact that he apologized for what happened earlier that day.

“Uh-huh~~” they just nodded, still not believing me

“Nevermind, I knew you won’t believe me anyway..” I just ignored them when they were still trying to ask me what really is happening between me and Baro.. there was really nothing.

 

I saw Shinwoo-ssi make his way to Baro who’s now occupying the table near the entrance, yes they’re friends, I still don’t know how. Baro was just listening to his music, as always, I’m still wondering why he wears headset every time, he didn’t even bother removing them while talking to his friend. The cup that I was drying with a towel almost slip from my grip when I saw Baro and Shinwoo-ssi glance at me. *gulp I then looked at a different direction, making sure that I won’t meet their stares.

I almost jumped in surprise when Kelly pinched me on the side, “a little jumpy hah?”

“no.. I was just busy cleaning this cup..” I said while faking a smile

She cocked her head pointing to Shinwoo-ssi and Baro’s direction “Shinwoo-ssi’s calling you, I think he wants you to go to that table.”

“H-huh?” I asked in confusion , “Why?”

“I don’t know.. why don’t you just go there and check?” Kelly said, she sounded kind of irritated because I was acting stupid.

“N-Nae~~” I said almost feeling sorry that I irritated her. While I was on my way to where Baro and Shinwoo-ssi was seated.

 

 I can’t help but to feel a little nervous, “I’m not really sure why Shinwoo-ssi had to call for me.. Did Baro tell him how rude I acted towards him the last time..I’m definitely gonna lose my job now.”  I was not really acting rude towards him last time, he was the one who called me stupid.

“N-Nae?” I mumbled almost saying the word to myself.

As always Shinwoo-ssi would smile at me before telling me his concern, “So, you’ve met my friend? Baro.” He said as he glanced at me then to Baro. Baro was just on his chair, looking cool while his arm curled in front of his chest.

Baro gave me a look, a playful one, then smirked “Yeah.. ”

“N~nae~” I replied while staring on the floor. I’m shy.

“well, he’s asking me to let you spend your part-time hours with him.” I raised my head to look at Shinwoo-ssi, I was shocked with what he just said as I pointed my index finger to my chest.  “You must be kidding me.” Of course, I just said that to myself.

“h~huh? M~me?” my eyes widened

Baro gave me a glance and smirked again “Do you want me to say it myself?”

Baro opened his mouth and was about to say something but I was able to stop him from doing so. “uh~ I can’t~ there are a lot of customers here today~ plus.. uh~ uhm~ I need the money.. for my sick brother.” Oh yeah, I lied just to get away from the situation, I don’t have a brother. What can I do, I can’t come up with a good reason.

“uh~really..” Baro smirked as he rolled his eyes away from me.

I shook my head really hard when Shinwoo-ssi gave me a confused look, “No~ I can’t, please please”  I said without making any sound.

“It’s ok.. you’ll be paid for the day..” I can’t believe I just heard Shinwoo-ssi say that, he’s really paying me today even if I’ll just stay with Baro and not do anything in the shop. UNBELIEVABLE.

My eyes widened even more because I never thought that came from Shinwoo-ssi himself, “NO~~”

“it’s alright.. now, take your time together..” Shinwoo-ssi stood up and held my shoulders and pushed me to sit down on the chair in front of Baro. Was he even listening to me? I mean, I did not agree to this. WHAT HAVE I GOTTEN MYSELF IN TO?

 

I don’t even know how to start a conversation with him, he was just staring at the glass paneling, I guess he’s observing each and every passer-by outside. I’m kind of liking when he’s this. This him, who doesn’t talk rudely, speaks harshly, and smiles playfully.

I was just staring at him when he glanced over to me, he raised an eyebrow looking confused “Why?”

I made a face on him because I sensed that his egoistic side is back again “What would you like to eat?”

“You’re here because I want to work on our project” he playfully smiled at me, leaning on the table, “not go on a date with you..”

“I know~~” I purposely made my voice sound like I was disgusted with the idea of dating him.

Without even answering he took a small yellow paper, which I think came from his pocket, it was a little crumpled. I looked at the paper a little confused with what it is. Baro slid the paper towards my direction. I took it and inspected it.

There were few words written on the paper, “what’s this for?” my eyes furrowed on him.

He cocked his head to the side, “a paper?” I know he’s really trying to piss me off again, but I won’t back down.

“I know this is a paper, but what are the words written on it for?” I said, I now sounded a little irritated.

He just shrugged before saying “ why don’t you read it?” I was shocked when he leaned his head closer to mine. This is not happening again. I raised my hand that I used to open the paper and used my index finger to push his head away.

I glared at him, my heart was pounding really hard, “Don’t you dare do that again” I said trying to scare him, I know I don’t look that scary so I guess that’s why he just smiled at me when I said that.

“How can I not? When your eyes say the opposite?” he’s now smiling sheepishly

I felt my cheeks warming, and I know I was blushing. I raised my hand to cover my blushing face, I don’t want him to see me blushing.

“So?” Aren’t you going to answer what was written in there? Baro asked while he was comfortably sitting on his chair and his arms curled in front of him.

I don’t really have any idea how I should respond to situations like this, heck I haven’t even been stuck in any situation that’s similar to this one. My hearts really pounding hard, I can almost hear it, it’s even louder than Baro’s music. What has gotten into him to ask me this kind of question? *dugun *dugun *dugun

 

Will you go out with me?