A different side of him.

I never knew I needed you..

I have been trying to compose myself since I arrived in my dorm room. I don’t know how I will answer Baro’s question. I’d type something and right before even sending the message I’ll just find myself erasing it. It’s already 2am when I have finally sent him my answer.

 

Yes.

 

I was hoping for him not to answer my message, but boy was I wrong! It’s late and he’s still awake. I got a little guilty because he might have waited for my message the whole night.

 

Good answer. I’ll see you tomorrow.

 

My heart stopped for a moment, I felt really nervous again after reading his message. I’m not really sure why but my hand automatically went to my forehead, on the spot where he left a kiss. I just smiled as I remembered how soft his lips were when it touched my forehead. No one has ever made me feel this way before. I was smiling when I drifted to sleep.

 

+++

It was 6am when the phone that Baro gave me started ringing. The screen displayed his name.. He’s calling. At this hour? Realy??? Just really? I only had 4 hours of sleep because of last night’s scene. I ran to the corridor as fast as I can, then closing our dorm room behind me hoping not to wake my roommates up.

“Yobosseo~~” I cleared my throat because my voice sounded really sleepy.

“What took you so long to answer my call?!” He sounded irritated on the other line, I can imagine how pissed he must have looked.

“I was sleeping~!” I said almost as irritated as he is. “AISH~!”

He didn’t speak for a while “I’ll fetch you at 8am” he said then hanged up the phone before I was able to protest.

*beep *beep *beep

“AAAAAHH!! REALLY???? WAKING ME UP THIS EARLY AND YOU’LL JUST HUNG UP ON ME? UNBELIEVEABLE!” I was shouting at the phone, I don’t care if I look crazy, I need to let this frustration out.

 

+++

Baro was actually waiting for me by the gate of our dorm, he was just standing there leaning on the post. As I was walking to where he is, I noticed every girl that passed by him would give him a googly look. He’s really good looking, I had to admit.. physically he’s very attractive. His glare, though scary, is something that other girls would definitely like about him. How I wish he’d smile at me the way he smiled at Ji-Hae. I can’t help but to feel jealous at her. She’s pretty, every guy will like her. Compared to me.. I wear glasses when I’d have to read, but I don’t wear it if it’s not necessary for me to use it. I have long hiar, it’s long because I never took the time to visit a salon. I just trim it myself. I’m petite, I don’t have the height of a model. I have big rounded eyes, tiny noise, and a pinky lips. But I never find myself pretty, if I was.. boys would be swooning around me.

“Good morning” He said smiling, I just walk passed by him, I did not say hi, nor did I look at him. My heart was hammering on my chest. I don’t know what to say to him after agreeing to go out with him last night. OTTOKE~~~

“Hey~!” He shouted to call my attention, he’s now walking right behind me “You’re just going to ignore me after I waited for an hour outside your dorm?” he didn’t sound angry or irritated, instead he sounded a little sad.

“You waited for an hour?” I turned to look at him raising my eyebrow.

“Yeah..” he said as he playfully kick the ground like a child, his hands are on his pocket

My eyebrows furrowed at him, he was acting really strange.. however, I find it cute. “Have you had breakfast?”

After asking that question his eyes beamed, as if he got really excited and he’s now smiling at me. “I haven’t.” then he went near me and leaned over to reach and hold my hand. He raised my hand to his mouth to give it a kiss.

My eyes widened in shock, “What was that for?” I asked in confusion

“Nothing, because I can.” He just shrugged his shoulders as he started walking pulling me with him.

“Where are we going?”

“Have our first date. I’m hungry.”

Whatever the reason is, I got really excited, “W~where are we going to have our.. uh~~ d~date?” I said stuttering.

He glanced over his shoulder and gave me a smile, “I could take you wherever if you’d let me..”

“W~we have a class at 10..” I mumbled

“That’s ok.. we can just skip it. Besides, it’s just English, we can just tell Ms. Flay we were working on our project at home.” He said flatly, as if skipping a class was his thing.

“I can’t.. skip class. I’m in.. scholarship program.. and~~”

 before I was able to finish my sentence he said, “I was just kidding, we’ll go somewhere else some other time.” He said as he smirked. That’s when we stopped in front of the café.

 

He pulled me to the café still holding my hand, my colleagues are already there. They were giving me their funny expressions, I can only imagine what’s going on in their heads right now, “Annyeong~” they just greeted smiling sheepishly. Baro pulled a chair and pushed me down to sit, he really didn’t have to do that because I can manage myself but he insisted. 

 

“so.. what took you so long last night tomessage me your answer?” He asked while his eyebrow furrowed

“uhm~ I was.. uh~ already sleeping” I don’t know what to say so I thought I’ll just pretend that I was already sleeping, “I woke up at 2am and remembered to send you a message.. before going back to bed.”

He shrugged and let out an understanding tone “Hhhhhmm~~”

 

A few moments later, there were group of girls who entered the café. I saw Sara, the girl who’s been eyeing Baro, I saw her turn to my direction after her friend murmured something to her. When she looked to my direction, I just prayed the soil would eat me alive. They started walking to my direction, smiling evilly.

 

“oh wow~~ look who’s keeping Baro for herself.” Sara was now standing beside our table giving me a scary look, her hands are curled in front of her chest.

Kill me now. I tried not to look at her because I know I’ll only see how cruel her eyes are on me now.

“So~ Baro.. since when did you become a loser?” Sara is now looking at Baro who was just eating his waffles that he ordered, I can see that he’s not really in the mood to talk to her. How I wish I could ignore Sara like he does. “I mean, cool kids should never associate themselves with losers like her.” then she turned back to me "You're really lucky. Baro wouldn't have been stuck with you if it wasn't for that English project."

I have never been this humiliated in my left. I felt like not eating anymore. I mean going to this place was a bad idea in the first place, but being humiliated by the school’s most popular girl is worse. I have nothing in my mind to say, I lost all my brain cells. She was right, I was a nobody. I hated attention, I never like people looking at me, I was able to live with that for three years. She right, Baro wouldn't be here if it wasn't for that stupid project.When Baro raised his head to look at me, I can see the anger in his eyes. I didn’t even do anything to make him angry.

“I’d rather hang out with her, than with girl who’s had her nose job.” Baro said while wearing a playful grin, “Come on, I don’t like the food here.” He said as he pulled my hand.

I can’t believe he just said that, Sara was there standing still her eyes wide open and her jaw drop open. How I wish I had a camera to take a picture of her and sell it in the campus. I’d be rich~!

 

“Why do you let her treat you like that?” he said as we stopped right before reaching the gate to the campus. “She was literally stomping on you.”

I was just looking down on the ground trying not to meet his stare, “I~ uh~ I just don’t want to~~ go against them.”

He ruffled his hair in frustration, “I can’t believe this. Is that why you’re always alone?” he said almost in a concerned tone.

I don’t really know if I should tell him, I mean we’re not BFFs nor are we friends, I know that I agreed to go out with him.. but, I don’t feel comfortable sharing things about me with him.. with people.. “uh~ It doesn’t really matter..” I said almost faking a smile, hoping it will make him feel better.

Boy was I wrong, he looked even angrier, “Well, it matters to me!” he scowled, and I was shocked because I could feel that his eyes are burning with anger.

I don’t really understand the reason behind his anger, but it made me scared. Scared that he’d slap the reality out of me, I don’t even know how to react. My years of schooling never taught me how to respond to such situation. I was trembling.

“It’s really nothing~~” I mumbled as I felt tears almost streaming down my eyes. I don’t know if I’m about to cry because I was humiliated by Sara, or because I was scared of Baro not ever wanting to associate himself with me again. All my life, people had been running away from me. And for the first time.. someone’s actually here, forcing his way to my life and I’m just pushing him away.

He let out a deep sigh before saying, “I’m sorry..” he sounded sincere and apologetic, “I didn’t mean to scare you or anything.. I just got really angry after hearing those words from Sara.” He went closer to me and placed his right hand on my shoulder pulling me over to him and let me rest my head on his chest. He wrapped his hands around my waist and gave me the warmest hug I had ever felt for a very long time.

 

 

 

 

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N:

I hope you guys loved this Chapter as much as I do. Don't forget to leave your comments for the chap! :)) xoxo