I was all but a flirt.

I never knew I needed you..

After what had happened just outside the campus, people started giving me glares, and I swear I hate it. How I wish the earth would open up and swallow me at that very moment. Baro held me for a very long time until it became really awkward for me. It felt like forever, and I’m guessing he’s not even planning on letting go if only I didn’t say an alibi to get away from the situation. I had to admit, I liked the way he held me. The bad part is, the stares I get from people around me.

 

+++

While I was at my locker, people are still giving their weird look on me, “Hi~!” I heard someone call my attention, I turned to look at the person, it was Lee Joon. He’s wearing the same cute smile ever since I met him.

“Hi~” I said shyly.

“So~” he cleared his throat, “what’s your first subject for today?” then he leaned on the locker beside mine.

As much as I wanted to tell him, I kind of feel like I was not in the mood to talk much today. Everyone’s murmuring, like I have some kind of contagious disease which would kill anyone who’d come near me. “Err.. English..”

“I heard from others you’d made a little scene with Baro just outside campus..” he said, I didn’t hear any sign of judging from his voice.

“Oh that~~ I guess.. you’re going to gossip about me like everyone else.. huh?” I said almost sounding a little sad because I thought he was different from everyone else in campus.

“ouch~” he said as he placed his hand in front of his chest as if he was hurting, “You’re not even going to deny it?”

I gave him an amusing smile, a genuine one. I’ve never really smiled, a real smile, ever since everything came crushing down on me. I slapped Lee Joon’s arm to stop him from acting. “Save your drama, you’re gonna need it for the play.” I said while closing my locker.

He just smirked and said, “We have the same class, I was able to peek in the class roster, I saw your name, that’s why I’m here.. ” He cocked his head as if inviting me to walk with him. And I did..

My eyes widened in shock when I saw Baro who was making his way to my direction. What’s he doing here? Our classroom’s the other way. I wanted to run when I saw the look on his eyes. He’s not happy seeing me with Lee Joon. His face was on abstract.

“Hi Baro~” Lee Joon raised his hand to wave at him, I wanted to slap the back of his head for doing that. It was obvious, Baro doesn’t want Lee Joon hanging around near me. Baro is actually giving me a death glare. Instead of stopping, he continued walking without looking at Lee Joon or me. “What’s wrong? He looked angry.” Lee Joon said clueless of the tension that he had just built between Baro and me.

 

+++

And so my whole day went on without talking to Baro. I wanted to talk to him during our English class, but Ms. Flay was not in the mood to let the class do the project, instead we read the boring book she asked us to buy off of amazon. Lee Joon sat beside me during our English class and having Ji-Hae in the class sitting beside Baro even made the situation worse. I had my attention on Baro and Ji-Hae who sat at the far end of the classroom. He was laughing at whatever Ji-Hae is telling him. I can’t help but feel a stabbing pain on my chest. There would be times when  I would find Baro staring at me and Lee Joon, who’d keep on talking about how Baro was allowed to listen to music during class, and everyone else can’t. I know how skilled Baro is in reading lips. I just hoped that he was not looking every time Lee Joon would talk to me. Remembering how perfect my day could have been if Baro didn’t see me with Lee Joon right after the scene outside of our campus. The only thing that’s good about this day is it’s about to end as I enter the theater for my drama class. Or so I thought.

 

Then again, when I entered the theater, everyone was just looking at me like I have a big banner on my head saying “Everyone! Look at me!” I walked to my usual spot. I’m just praying that Lee Joon and Ji-Hae are not going to sit on the vacant spots near me. I wanted to be alone at least. I don’t want to be near Ji-Hae, knowing how I get really insecure around her, I don’t want Lee Joon around me because Baro might just show up and then everything would be a disaster. I rested my head on the chair and banged it really hard for a few times.

“Are you okay~?” I opened my eyes and was surprised to see Lee Joon leaning over while holding my shoulders. I shrugged his hands away from my shoulders, I was just not used to being held by anyone. I always feel violated. But it was different when Baro gave me a hug. He removed his hand and wore a very apologetic expression after seeing my reaction to his touch, “I’m sorry.” He said.

“No~ I~ I mean.. I was just shocked.” I said. It was true. I got a little over board there acting weird though he was not really doing any harm.

He sat on the vacant seat next to me, and said in a very concerned tone, “What were you thinking?”

I tried not to meet his gaze on me and focused on my hands that were on my lap, “it~ it was nothing..” I’m a bad liar, I know.

He just shrugged and leaned his back on his chair, “Well, you can talk to me if you want..” he said in a sincere tone.

I tried to look away and not talk about it. Mr. Carter was just in time for class, he’s pulling a trolley with lots of paper, which I’m guessing are our scripts for the audition. I was kind of wondering where Ji-Hae is, she’s not in class yet. I was imagining the worst, she could be with Baro. I don’t have any reason to be jealous. I’m not his girlfriend. I agreed to go on a date with him but, what we are right now is just still a puzzle for me to figure out.

“Okay~ I have here the scripts for the auditions on Monday.” Mr. Carter said almost shouting, “It’s a piece from a musical play Phantom of the Opera~~~” blah blah blah blah blah

Right then and there I thought I was going to have a mental breakdown. Whatever Mr. Carter was trying to say in class, I was not able to comprehend. My head was already spinning because of nervousness. I think I’m hyperventilating. Kill me now. I hate musical. Don’t get me wrong, I love music, but I don’t think it loves me back.. I can see Lee Joon’s face brightening up as if he heard a great news coming from the outer space. I can see that he’s excited for the play, but not me.. a person like me would rather stay in a box for the rest of her life.

“Did you hear that? We’ll have Phantom of the Opera for the play.” Lee Joon said in a happy tone as he turned to my direction, I guess he noticed how badly I was sweating when his smile turned into a frown, “Are you ok?”

I just nodded.

“You look like you need to go to a washroom..” he said, I think he was trying to sound funny, but no. He’s not helping me with my problem.

I’m gonna be a laughing stock in school because of this play. Great~ I can’t wait to be humiliated even more.

Lee Joon then pats my back “It’s ok.. just hope everyone here does better than you..” he smiled trying to make me relax. “There are competitive actors and actresses here.. ok? But, I’m still hoping we both get the lead.” I don’t know what he meant by that. But for the moment, I need air.

I tried to calm myself, then a few moments later Ji-Hae barged in the theater entrance looking as lively as she has been since morning, “I’m sorry, I’m late..” Ji –hae apologize to Mr. Carter as she made her way to where Lee Joon and I were seated.

Before she takes her sit, her brows furrowed on Lee Joon and I because Lee Joon was still trying to help me calm down, “Are you ok Ji-Un?” she asked, she’s concerned. I don’t need that, I wanted to tell her, but I don’t want to be rude.

Lee Joon just shook his head without saying anything. I know that he had also noticed the way Baro was staring at us during our English period. He knows something’s going on, but he never insisted on knowing what it could be. And I don’t have any plans on telling him either.

“Anyway, I was late because I was with Baro-Oppa.. I asked him to help me do my homework.” Ji-Hae narrated. I started breathing heavily again. I don’t know if she’s doing it on purpose or because she just doesn’t have any idea that Baro had actually asked me out. Again, I felt really jealous. “I was really glad that nothing has really changed between us.. he’s still him. Funny and carefree.” She said in between smiles.

I wanted to scratch the smile from her face. I just clenched my fist in hopes of holding everything in. I don’t know how long they’ve known each other. I felt a little teary eyed just hearing her narrate how she had spent her lunch with him, how he was so good in helping her with her project, how smart he is.. and some other stuffs that could make one really really jealous.

 

*kring *kring

                                                                                                                                         

Finally the bell rang, it means, I’m free from listening to Ji-Hae’s narration of her awesome time with Baro, who has been ignoring me since English time. If he’s going to give me that treatment, so be it. I hope I didn’t say yes last night. Now everything’s ruined and I feel so little.

“Ji-Un?” I heard Lee Joon calling for my name. I wanted to ignore him. But before I knew it, he’s now standing in front of me blocking my way.

“I don’t know what’s wrong, but if it’s about the people who had been disturbing you this morning.. just ignore them.” He said, he sounds really sorry though he doesn’t really have to because it’s not because of those people who had been giving me death glares.

“It was Baro.” I wanted to tell him, this is all because of Baro. But, I don’t think that would be a great idea right now because my eyes are starting to get teary again just remembering how cold Baro acted towards me.

Lee Joon leaned over to reach my hand and handed me a paper, “I followed you to give you this.” I looked at the paper with “Phantom of the Opera” on top. “It’s your copy.. you left it in the theater.”

“Thanks” I said as I lowered down my head

A big lump formed on my throat when I saw Baro, again. He saw me again with Lee Joon. I took my hand from Lee Joon’s when I noticed that he was still holding it. Honestly, if Baro’s glare could kill, I’ll be dead by now. He’s wearing his headset, while his hands are on the pockets of his jeans. I can’t explain the expression he was wearing. He’s more than angry, I’m sure of that.

I tried to gather all the courage I could as I walk to Baro’s direction not minding about Lee Joon who was also standing there clueless. And when I was face to face with him I said, “Baro~” I almost choke saying his name, but he didn’t even look at me. “Wait, please just listen to me~” I know I sounded helpless, but he can’t just treat me like this.

“So, this is the real you.. flirting around with the new guys.” He said as he smirked, the kind of smirk I’ve never seen from him. Then he started walking again.

I had to admit, I was hurt when I heard that. I wanted him to take back what he said, but I didn't do anything. I was stunned, dumbfounded. I was all but a flirt.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N:

I can't help but feel sad while writing this chapter. Tell me what you think about the chapter. Also, has anyone been wondering why Baro wears headset all the time? Keep on reading! It's going to be on the next chapter :) 

Love lots xoxo :*