He’s a sadist. But.. I think I already love him.

I never knew I needed you..

I can’t help but feel really depressed. I was not able to function really well while I was at my part time job during the weekends. I had nothing else to do at the dorm, so I thought of putting extra time at work. I was actually hoping to divert my mind from going back to the last Friday’s drama. Baro called me a flirt; he did not say I was though, but to me that was what he meant. I never really thought talking to other guys is called flirting already. Yeah, as I have said, I have failing grades in socialization so I have no idea.

I did not receive a call or a text message from him over the weekend. To be honest, there was no second that I missed not looking at the phone he gave me. I tried playing with it. His number is the only number that was registered in that cellphone. So, it’s definitely useless if he’s not texting or calling.

“AISH~!” I exclaimed ruffling my hair in frustration. It’s early Monday, it’s been two days and I still can’t get his angry expression out of my head. I rolled on my bed like crazy, I even thought of skipping English class today. I’m afraid to even see his shadow in school today. “OTTOKE~!!” I shouted as I sat up on the side of my bed.

 

+++

When I got to the school grounds, as I have guessed everyone is still mumbling and murmuring with their friends at the sight of me. People talking, looking, and making me feel not so invincible anymore made me wear my oversized hoody. I decided to wear it, to hide my face from everyone, I’m in stealth mode. Be invincible as I can possibly be. I tucked my hands on the pocket of my jacket, heads down as I walk to my English room. If last week I was praying for Ms. Flay to let us do our project with our partners, now I’m praying to all the Saints that I’d rather read boring books than be stuck in an awkward situation with Baro.

As I sat on my chair, I saw Baro staring at me, and I tried my hardest not to look at him. Not looking back at him was the hardest, I feel something aching in my heart when Ji-Hae came in and he just started smiling back at her. He looked really excited and giddy to see her. Not like when he looked at me, he looked like he’s about to reap my head apart.

Lee Joon came in a few minutes after Ji-Hae, he’s just being the same him, smiling at me like it’s not Monday. I mean everyone hates Monday, he doesn’t look like he’s one of its haters because he’s smiling, I don’t even know the reason why. I just smiled back at him, besides he’s all I got after what happened between me and Baro.

“Do you have any idea why he’s staring at us?” Lee Joon murmured, he was pertaining to Baro, who was giving us a death glare.

I took a deep breath and glanced at Baro who’s now talking to Ji-Hae, “I don’t know” I said shrugging, though I really know the reason why. He hates Lee Joon, I know.

*clap *clap “Places everyone” Ms. Flay clapped her hands to signal everyone that class is about to start. “Have you all been doing your projects?”

“Yeah..” I said almost rolling my eyes in frustration. Some of my classmates were all clueless as if they have forgotten about the project already. Ms. Flay saw this and ordered everyone to go to their partners to work on the project.

Wow, I’m the luckiest person alive. Not.

I wanted to be eaten alive, be attacked by a swarm of bees, or have typhoid fever at that very moment. I was praying not to do the project today, but everything just goes against what I really wanted. I’m not gonna go to him and sit next to them and Ji-hae while they talk about how they can spend all day without boring each other.

“Mr. Lee Joon, Ms. Ji-hae doesn’t have a partner for the project, you can be partners.” Ms. Flay said. Now, Ji-Hae gets to spend time with the only person I have left, great!

Lee joon just nodded, and after that he gave me a concerned look. “Are you gonna be okay?” he asked.

“Yeah.. just go..” I waved my hands to him, telling him that he’s free to go and I’m okay sitting alone.

Which I always do before Baro happened. I watched Lee joon make his way to Ji-Hae, Baro’s expression changed as if he got really pissed just seeing Lee Joon in front of him talking to his precious friend. I can’t help but feel jealous of how he looked so over protective of Ji-Hae.

I almost jumped from my chair when he turned to my direction and looked at me, my eyes widened and I swiftly turned my head away. I’m now facing the window, watching the students playing football at the field. I don’t care if I get kicked out of the class today for not doing anything. I’d be very thankful actually. , Ms. Flay will be doing me a favor. I just sat there until..

“Hey~” my heart started dancing its weird dance again. I don’t know how it learned those moves, but I’m afraid that if this continues he’d see how I get easily affected by him. I know it’s Baro. He sat on the chair where Lee joon was sitting a while ago.

I just nodded to acknowledge his presence without looking. I want him to know that I’m not in the mood to talk to him after he called me a flirt. I wanted to pull his hair out now that he’s near me and I can really do it if I wanted to. There was a long silence between us, and all I can hear was his music blaring from his headset.

“Look~ I’m..” he started composing a sentence and I’m like yeah-whatever. “I can’t sit with them..” He chuckled.

“Yeah~ that’s not my problem.” I shrugged and started ignoring him again.

 “Ji-Un..” he called me by my name and with that I took a deep breath. I turned to look at him who looked like a puppy. We were eye to eye.. which was enough to melt all the anger I kept in my heart for the past two days.

“I~ I.. didn’t mean to say those things to you.. I was a jerk.” He sounded really sad, and I can see the sincerity through his eyes. “I’m sorry.. If you would ever forgive me.. I swear I’m not gonna act like that towards you ever again.”

I just blinked at him, can’t find words to answer back. Where are all my witty answers when I need them?

My eyes furrowed at him, “You are a jerk.” I said rolling my eyes on him.

He looked at me intently. I wasn’t looking back at him because I don’t want him to see how jealous I was towards Ji-Hae. “You’re not jealous aren’t you?”

I almost jumped in surprise because of his unexpected question, he can’t read minds? Can he? I chose not to answer his question, and just look away.

“Look~ she’s a just a friend..” he started narrating, “We’re friends for three years, and I’m the only one she knows in the campus.” He let out a sigh after telling me how long they’ve known each other.  “I’m sorry.. if you got the wrong impression about us..”

I can feel the sincerity from his voice, I turned to meet his gaze, as much as I wanted to prevent myself from smiling, I can’t. I smiled at him. And with that we both knew that everything’s okay..

“So~ do you have plans this afternoon?” he asked, he’s smiling at me like I was the only person in the world.

I got a little excited because he’s asking me out again, at the same time nervous because everything might end up just like the last time.. “I~uhm~ I’m free after .. uh~ Art class..” I stuttered a little, no actually, I always stutter when I’m talking to him.

The sides of his lips curved a little to let out a smile, “I missed your stuttering..”

My cheeks flushed red and I know he noticed that because his smile grew bigger. I covered my face with my hand to prevent him from seeing my not-so-flattering facial expression. But before I was able to do so, he was able to grab it. He was looking at me eye to eye, and I can’t help but feel the need for air. I’ve only known him for a while but my heart is already fluttering its way out of my chest.

“I threw a wish in the well.. I looked at you as it fell.. and now, you’re in my way..” I was panicking so hard that the only thing that came out of my mouth was this line from a song. I know how stupid I sounded but Baro started laughing. He was laughing so hard that tears form from the side of his eyes. His laugh was contagious, so I started laughing with him.

He rubbed the tears away from his eyes that form while he was laughing, “I’ll see you later ok~?” he said then gave me a smirk before leaving to the door.

 

I didn’t notice that the bell already rang, and that the room is almost empty. Though Ji-hae and Lee-Joon are still there, who I think are waiting for us to finish our little laugh/talk. I don’t know why but I always space out when I’m with Baro, I feel like everything goes against what I’ve been used to. I have lots of questions in my head, and I’m going to find answers soon.

 

+++

We’re in the same class for Art subject, and yeah.. Sandeul, his friend, is unfortunately our professor for the rest of the term. Did I mention that Sandeul is really cute and funny. Our classmates are swooning around him, not minding the fact that he’s a professor, and professor-student relationship is not ok- as in ok in the campus. That is not necessarily my problem, my problem is.. Ji-hae is in the same class. She’s been hanging around Baro, and I can see that she doesn’t want him anywhere near me. Baro would glance over to my direction when Ji-Hae is not looking, he would also shoot me a smile. How I wished I could be seating near him, but that’s not gonna be possible when Ji-Hae is around.

I ran out of white for the calla lily flower I was trying to paint. I made my way to the supply room and shut the door behind me. I scanned the shelves to find some white paint. I raised my head to see that white paints are on the top shelves.

“Wow~! Great..” I jumped trying to reach the white paint. I stopped jumping up and down when the door to the supply room swung open.

“Need help?” I don’t even have to look, I already know who the owner of the voice is. He shut the door behind him and I heard him coming closer. I know he’s close but I’m not so sure how close, I can hear his breathing, and I can smell his masculine scent.

My heart was pounding really hard, we’re alone in the supply room. I shut my eyes trying to remove whatever is making my head spin crazy. “uhm~ I need the white paint.” grinning I turned to face him, and to my shock he was just centimeters away from me. My eyes locked on his lips, and I can’t help but to wonder how soft they are.

He reached for the white paint. My eyes are still locked on his lips, I guess he noticed how I was focusing on them because he smirked like a devil he is. He leaned over to reach for my hand and my eyes are now locked to his deep brown eyes. He handed me the paint. I was looking up to him still not turning my gaze away. It feels like I’m floating in cloud nine. He leaned a little closer, I was breathing heavily, I was panicking. I wanted to move but my feet were rooted from where I’m standing.

I shut my eyes, afraid of what would happen next. Aside from his music, I can hear my heart pounding really hard my chest. My heart is actually embarrassing me in front of Baro.

“I should go out first..” he whispered, then I opened my eyes to look at him, he’s smiling “before they get the wrong idea..”

I felt my cheeks blushing, I bit my lower lip because of embarrassment, I really thought he was going to take my first kiss. He looked over his shoulder and gave me an amusing smile then he shot the door behind him. That’s when I was able to breathe again. I placed my right hand over my chest where my heart is. Ten seconds later, I went out to the supply room and sat on my chair.

“Aish~!” I mumbled in frustration as I ruffled my hair, I can’t get him out of my head.  I tried drawing again but then my drawing does not even look like a flower. It looked like Baro’s hair.

“WOW~” someone exclaimed behind me, “What do you call that flower?” it was Sandeul, he was inspecting my drawing as if it was something that he’s never seen before.

“I’m.. I’m sorry.. I’ll paint another one..” I said scratching my head.

“No~ No~ I think I know what it is now..” he said rubbing his chin with his thumb. “it’s a dandelion!”

I wanted to laugh, but I don’t think laughing at your professor would be a great idea, “Yeah~” I said smiling at the same time nodding.

 

*Kring *Kring

 

Oh yes! Finally! My heart needs a rest from acting weird that whole day. I walked out of the classroom, I saw Lee-Joon standing just outside the classroom. I don’t know why he was here but I have no plans of talking to him knowing that Baro is just somewhere near.

“Shall we go?” he asked while smiling his signature smile.

I looked at him clueless, he immediately understand the confusion in my eyes, “You didn’t forget about the audition right?” he said while raising his brow.

“Shoot!” I said covering my mouth with my hand, I completely forgot about it. And there I was hoping to give my heart a rest. “yeah~ that~~ I totally forgot about the audition.”

He just smiled, and cocked his head to the side, “That’s okay..” he said smiling, “That’s why I came here to fetch you..”

My eyes furrowed on his words, “You don’t really have to.. plus, I think, I don’t want to audition anymore.. I didn’t practice the script.” I said scratching the back of my head.

What part of I’m-not-auditioning did Lee Joon not understand, he’s now pulling me by my arm, “Come on.”

“Wait.” I exclaimed when I saw Baro just staring at us clueless, I don’t know how long he has been there but I don’t want him to get the impression that I’m going out with Lee Joon as well. I wanted to tell him that I’m just going to audition and will see him after.. but before I was able to say my first words.

“Oppa~” Ji-Hae jumped to him and clutched her arms around Baro’s. My eyes widened, I know I shouldn’t be jealous and just trust him when he said they are just friends, but I can’t help but feel a little sad inside.

“We’re going to be late..” I looked at Lee-joon with hurt in my eyes, he looked over his shoulders and I don’t know what his eyes meant when I saw it. He started walking again pulling me with him.

 

I know how bad I acted during the audition, Mr. Carter partnered me with Lee-Joon and there was no doubt that he’s great as an actor and I was like a cockroach on stage. I was stiff on stage and he was graceful. All I wanted to do was to run and lock myself in a box. However, I had to admit he was a great help during the audition. I’m just glad that it was over. Now, all I have to do is to make it up to Baro.

 

It’s already 3pm in the afternoon and it seemed like everyone has gone home, I stayed at the theater a little bit longer after the auditions. This has been something that I haven’t done for a long time. Finally, I was alone. No one can see me.. no one is there to judge and talk about me. I sulk at one corner hugging my legs and my head are on my knees. I let myself be eaten by the deep silence, and when I’m done sulking I walked out of the theater. The corridor was quiet unlike when there are students who would run around and talk loudly with their friends.

 

“Done with your me time?” I jumped in surprise when I looked down and see Baro listening to his music, sitting on the floor while leaning on the wall. His eyes were closed.

For whatever reason Baro was there, “I though~~” I was stuttering again, “you left.. uh~ with Ji-Hae?” My heart was doing its weird hip hop in my chest again.

He stood up and dusted his pants off, he then turned his gaze on me and started walking closer. He gave me a small yet heart melting smile “No..” he said in between his breathing.. “I’m waiting for you..”

My eyes widened in surprise, I wanted to jump and fan myself with my hands, I never felt this special before. I know I was a little sad a while ago, but seeing him here made me the happiest girl at that very moment.

“Aren’t you going to ask me anything?” he said as he raised one of his brows.

I bit my lip hoping for a good sentence or question to say, basically I can’t think of any.. he’s made me lose all my brain cells.

Then gently he slid his hands on my arm making its way to mu hands, he interlaced our hands together, and I swear that was by far the best feeling I have ever felt. He gave me another knee wobbling smile, “Let’s go..” he said and started walking pulling me with him.

“You think I would just let that Lee-jerk take you from me?” he said as he looked over his shoulders, I’m still dumb founded, nothing’s coming out of my mouth. My brain is useless at the moment.

“uh~ we.. we’re not~ I mean.. we’re not like.. that.. that.” Trying so hard to explain to him.

 

He just chuckled,  and I think he’s enjoying the fact that he’s the one who’s causing this nervousness in me. He’s a sadist. But.. I think I already love him.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N:

I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter. I was feeling a little cheesy while writing this chap. Don't forget to up vote and recommend my fanfic with other Baro biased girls out there. Don't be shy, leave a comment, it flatters me :)

love lots xoxo :*