This Boy is really something.

I never knew I needed you..

I’ve read a lot of books. I specifically read a lot of romance books. Whenever I’m at the library, I usually stay either on the fiction section of the romantic section. I had to admit, I am a little hopeless romantic. I never really thought that something like this will come out of a book or anything like this will ever be real for me.

But feeling this, finally being able to feel this is beyond what every book can ever describe. Not even close to Shakespeare’s best love quotes. No word can ever describe the feeling that you get when you are kissed for the first time.

I don’t know how long his kiss lasted, but it was long enough to make me feel like my every being turned into a jelly. His kiss was tender and full of emotion. It was my first kiss, Baro just stole my first kiss. I was kind of shocked for a moment and then I just found myself giving in.

 

And when he had finally let go, I gathered all the courage I have, “Why did you kiss me?” I gulped when I realized how stupid my question was, why would I ask such a silly question? Stupid!

He was looking down at me smiling, “I wanted to know if we really can’t work.” His smile grew even more bigger when he saw that I was still a little bit hypnotized by our kiss, “Well, seems like I got my answer.” He said as he snake his arms around my waist and pulled me into a hug. “Don’t you dare run away from me,” he whispered to my ears, I was dumbfounded still trying to sink in everything, “’cause I swear I’m gonna find you, follow you, chase you, run after you, because I wouldn’t stand losing you.” he said as he snuggled his head on my neck.

 I circled my arms around his neck, answering his hug with the same tenderness as his. I know we’re not in the right place for this, heck! We’re in a sidewalk, but then who cares? If he’s gonna hold me like this forever, I wouldn’t care. “Baro~” I mumbled as tears streamed down my eyes.

“Yeah” he mumbled in a low soft low tone.

I want to ask him a lot questions but I don’t know which to ask first, I want to know why he does things that could make me feel special, things that could make me blush, things that could make my heart beat fast, and my whole senses lose control. But instead asking all these questions, the only word that came out of my stupid mouth is “Why?”

He chuckled while looking down at me again, “Why what?”

I gave him a questioning look, “Why do you do this? Why me?”

He raised his eyebrow at me “You’ll know soon enough, babe.” He just said as he cupped the back of my head and pulled to him pressing my head unto his chest.

 

He walked me to my dorm. I don’t know what he meant when he told me that I’ll know why he makes me feel special. Though part of me wanted him to say that he loves me, or even just like me.. but when he did not gave me that answer, I felt like something stabbed me on the heart. Sad because maybe he doesn’t feel the same way I feel about him.

What if he doesn’t like me the way I do? Was I really expecting him to feel the same way? Yeah, I do want him to feel the same way, who doesn’t right? Part of me wanted to tell him how much I  have learned to him, but part of me was afraid to say it because maybe just maybe he won’t say it back and I’ll be left there regretting telling him that I love him.

 

“Ji-Un, stop over-thinking!” I mumbled to myself under my pillow, I can’t sleep and his kiss just comes back to my mind, and little by little I can feel that I’m going crazy because of it. I was already a bit drowsy when my phone started buzzing.. I read the message before falling asleep.

 

See you in campus, babe. Good night.

 

There’s only one person who could call me with that endearment and can get away with it.. Baro.

 

+++

I am very much expecting people to give me this creepy look since the incident at the canteen. Definitely, I am the talk of the whole campus. As always, I wore my oversized hoody trying to hide my face from them. I know there was nothing for me to hide my face for, but then I just hate the attention.

I heard people talking about what had happened, and they would mention how good I was in pretending to be a good girl to get the good looking guys. Please~ I don’t really care. All I wanted was to get over with college and to finish with honors. I didn’t expect this.

I was at my locker, fixing my books and placing some in my bag. Then I felt like people are crowding all over me. I already know who’s right behind me because her squeaky voice is quite distinct from other girls, it’s Sara.

“oh look who’s got everyone’s attention..” she said giggling with her minions, I am not in the mood to talk to her and play with her antics actually. I’m quite busy, she must’ve noticed. “How could she have managed to get those boys all over her?” she continued in an irritating tone.

My eyes are already twitching and I know I will snap at her any second now. “she must’ve slept with them” she said, alright that’s it. I could never put myself in a situation where I’ll need to sell myself to a person just to like me.

I took a deep breath and pulled my dictionary out of my locker. I searched for the B word before I turned to look at her. “Can you read this?” I asked pointing my finger on the word B*tch. Sara just looked at me while raising her brows. “Okay, I’ll read it for you.” I wore my glasses on before reading “B*tch.. a female dog, or a female canine animal, with four legs and a tail.” I looked up at Sara, she’s a bit dumbfounded “Now, if the meaning of this word does not apply to you.. stop trying.”

I closed my dictionary and then placed it back to my locker slamming its door a little too harsh for my liking. I sling my bag to my back and started walking to my room. Sara just stood there with her minions still shocked. A small smile formed on the side of my lips. It wasn’t that hard at all.

 

I arrived at our English room just in time, everyone is almost there. Ms. Flay hasn’t arrived yet, so I still have few minutes to spare to go to my seat and prepare my things. I got a glimpse of Baro who was sitting beside Ji-hae, he threw me a smile and I answered it back. But then Ji-Hae wrapped her arms around Baro stealing his attention again.

“Leech” I mumbled under my breath as I walk to my seat. Lee-Joon was already there. His lip still has gauze, but he looks much better now compared to how awful his face was last time.

“hi.” Lee Joon said wearing his smile, “aww..” he touched the side of his lip with the cut, it must’ve hurt after he smiled at me.

“Hello..” I said smiling back at him while placing my things on my table. “Feeling a little better now?” I asked

“yeah, but I guess he bruised my lip a little too much.” He said chuckling, “So, you two are okay now?” He asked raising an eyebrow.

I chuckled at him, “what are you saying?” I said and glanced at Baro who was already looking at us. Baro himself looks a little awful because of the bruise on his cheek and a cut on the other.

Lee joon then turned and glanced at Baro, I saw Baro’s jaw tighten and his hand clenched into a fist while his expression darkened, “here we go again” I mumbled under my breath.

“he doesn’t like me talking to you, am I right?” Lee joon said while raising his eyebrow, but before I was able to answer, he leaned on his chair, and said “A little too possessive.” He said chuckling.

“Yeah, I guess so..” I said while lowering down my head

“then, why does he let Ji-hae stick around him while you’re here?” he said a little too loud which made our seatmates hear him, “he doesn’t want to lose you but he’s letting his friend be around him even if he knows you’re jealous at her.” He said as a matter of factly.

“I’m not jealous..” I said still not looking back at Lee Joon, I tried to deny it. Though it’s really the truth, I’m jealous. And it’s killing me.

“If he ever gets tired of you..” Lee Joon smirked, “I’ll be here.” He said in a tone sincere and warm tone.

Oh god! That’s not possible!

 

My eyes widened as I snap my head to look at him. He did not just say that. He can’t like me like that! That’s not possible, I mean he’s giving me a heart to heart talk and I don’t know how to respond to it. I like him as a friend but not as something more than that. I love Baro, Lee Joon must know. I was about to tell him that he can’t like me more than a friend because I can’t give it back, but Ms. Flay arrived.

 

“okay.. everyone, with your partners.” She clapped her hands signaling everyone to snap and start working with their partners for the project. Before Lee Joon stood up and went to Ji-hae, he left me with a smirk. Oh god what have I gotten myself into.

I furiously scratched my head wanting to pull my hair out. “hey” my heart started its crazy hip hop again after hearing the familiar low, soft toned voice that was a little too close to my ear. I did not bother to look at him until he was inches away.

“Hi.” I said shyly while giving him a smile.

Baro cocked his head to the side, “everything okay?” he’s wearing his headset, but I can’t hear his music blaring.

“yeah..” I said almost choking with my own voice.

“I don’t think so..” he smirked as he leaned on his chair placing both his hands on the back of his head. “come on, you know I could read lips right.”

I took a deep breath before started talking, “I know.. please don’t punch him or start another fight with him, I didn’t really expect him to like me like that, I didn’t know. Lee Joon is a friend, and I did not intend to make him fall for me, but don’t take it against him. You can punch me instead if you want, but don’t call me a flirt. I don’t want to have another misunderstanding with you. If you’re angry take it out on me.” I said in one breath while my eyes were shut close.

I heard him chuckle, “So, you’re still on his side?”

Oh god! He took my words differently, “no! no! no!” I said waving my hamds at him, and I earned a laugh from Baro. “What I mean..” I lowered my head as he laughed at me. “That’s not really what I mean.. I was trying to say~” but before I could say anything, I took a deep breath when he closed the gap between our faces, my eyes widened because I know everyone’s staring at us.

“I could kiss you here.” he said in a low, soft tone while wearing his playful smirk, “but, I don’t want to because I know you hate attention.”

“You.. you.. can’t~” I said trying to let my words out while taking deep breaths,

“I know..” he said his smile reached his ears, “I just want Lee joon to see this, so that he won’t bother you again.”

My heart was pounding really hard and my head was spinning, I tried my best to raise my hand and push him away not too harsh, but enough to give us space for breathing. He started laughing again, he must’ve noticed how red my cheeks have turned.

“You’re crazy!” I mumbled while looking down trying not to meet his gaze.

“Crazy enough to almost kiss you in the classroom with people around” he said in between chuckles.

“You can’t do that!” I said while glaring at him, still I can feel my cheeks burning after hearing him say those words.

He let out a playful smile on the side of his lips, “Why not?” he asked while raising his eyebrow at me.

“because.. because~~” I said trying to come up with a logical excuse, there is an excuse, “PDA is not allowed inside the campus!” I scowled

He then leaned his back on his chair again, “It’ll be my pleasure to be sent to the dean with the campus’ with you.” He said still smiling, “that would be fun.”

I scrunched my nose at him, “no it’s not!” I scowled at him, which made me gain attention from the class again. I glared at Baro with an accusing look.

He’s just smiling at me as if enjoying every minute of it. This guy is really hard to read, one moment he’s serious, the next minute he’s playful. I don’t even know how to handle him.

“my friends wanted to meet you. They’re asking me to bring you.. with me.. to a movie marathon with them.” He said in an unsure tone.

I gave him a side smile, one because his friends asked him to bring me, second I was the one he asked to come with him and not Ji-Hae. I know she’s going to mentally slap me when she finds out about it. I’m just a little nervous because I don’t have great experience when it comes to small events like this.

“And?” I said smirking at him while raising my eyebrow.

“Are you free this Friday?” he asked while scratching his head, and I know he was nervous with the way he asked me. “I mean.. it’s okay if you can’t.. I won’t force you.”

“no, it’s okay.. I’ll go with you.” I said smiling warmly at him.

He raised his head to look at me, he beamed me a happy smile that had reached his eyes and it made my heart flatter in my chest, it’s great that I could make him feel happy like this.

“Really?” he cleared his throat, “I mean, I’ll fetch you at your dorm at six.”

I waved my hands at him, “Actually, I have practice for the play in the afternoon on Friday, I’ll just meet you at the café.” I beamed at him.

“great!” he exclaimed, still wearing his adorable smile on his face.

I just gave him a nervous smile.

 

We talked a few minutes longer about Yoonji, he told me how happy he was to see his sister after he left Canada. He said his mom was left there and was also hoping to see me soon. Then, we decided to work on our project since we haven’t move on from the last two verses that we finished before. I don’t really have an idea how we’ll end the song. We started it with something that tells how we started our relationship. Maybe we’ll be able to figure this out soon enough.

 

+++

The whole week had passed without me even noticing, I was constantly bullied by some of Sara’s minions. She would often give me a stern look and then would stomp away like a mad man. I don’t really mind, she’ll get tired eventually. As for Baro and I, we had spent lunch together almost every day at the Amphi theater.

 

Today Friday, I am here at the Amphi theater waiting for Baro. He had asked me to for him here because he had to do something and it’ll only take him a few minutes. Then a man came in front of me, I can barely see his face because of the sun.

“hey..” I smiled when I recognized the voice, and who the owner is..

“Hi.” I said shyly. He took a seat beside me.

“how long have you been waiting?” he asked as he poised himself to take the spot next to me.

“Not really that long..” I said still smiling at him. “I bought you sandwich.” I said while handing him his sandwich.

“Wow~!”he exaggerated on his expression, as if it was his first time to ever eat a sandwich. He leaned his head on my shoulders. I took a deep breath when he had finally rested his heavy head on my shoulder.

“Getting a little bit to touchy huh~!” I scolded him as I tried pushing his head away.

“Yah~!” he shouted in protest.

“Your head is heavy!” I protested as he buried his head now making me uncomfortable because he was breathing on my neck.

He sniffed my hair, “I could spend all day like this.” He mumbled in a low and soft tone.

I was supposed to protest again but before I was able to say something, someone called Baro from his side, “Oppa~!” oh great it’s Ji-Hae ready to steal away Baro.

Baro sat up straight and faced Ji-hae while forcing a smile, I  know how hard he’s been trying to push Ji-hae away, trying not to hurt her feelings. But there’s no other way to tell Ji-Hae without hurting her.

“Oppa~” she came running to Baro and when she got near him she started clinging her arms around his again. “I’ve been looking for you.. I’m hungry~” she said trying to look cute, I know she did that to make me look uncomfortable.

“Ji-Hae.. did you cut class?” Baro said looking at her,

“Nope! I feel sick, so I asked my professor if I can go to the clinic.” Ji-Hae said while pouting her lower lip. What an award winning actress she is. I rolled my eyes in disbelief.

I give up. It was a little awkward for me. So I stood up and fixed the creases that had formed in my clothes. “I’ll just throw this away.” I said while holding the plastic that was used to wrap my sandwich.

 

I started walking to the trash can that was yards away from our spot. Ji-Hae could pass as Sara’s minion because she tends to talk so loud, and she likes acting a lot. I mean a lot. So I thought she was kind. Not! On my way back, I tried not to make any noise and hid behind a tree that was a few yards away from Ji-Hae and Baro. I was close enough to hear their conversation.

 

“Ji-hae.. I’m sorry..” Baro said in an apologetic tone, “But, whatever we had before was nothing more than friendship. I treat you like a sister.”

I saw Ji-Hae clench her hand into a fist, and I could see in her expression that she was hurt by that, “You’re only saying that to push me away. What about Ji-Un? Do you love her? does she know about y~”

Baro stopped her from talking, his expression darkened, and I know he doesn’t like what how Ji-Hae was acting right now, “Ji-Hae. You know we’re not in the right place to talk about this. What I feel for her is none of your business. And if you’re worried about her or me, I will tell her.. now’s just not the right time..”

 

Ji-hae let out a frustrated sigh as she turned her head to my direction forcing me to hide myself behind the tree, she almost saw me. I took a deep breath, and leaned my body against the tree. And when I know I got my courage back, I started walking to them.

 

I gave them a forceful smile, “hey, I should probably go. I still have class.” They lifted their heads to look at me, and I can see from their expression that they were hoping I did not hear anything. Then I reached for my bag and sling it on my shoulder.

“I’ll walk you to your room.” Baro then stood up and stood beside me, Ji-Hae gave me a stern looking before looking away. “Let’s go..” I was shocked when Baro slid his hand on mine and started pulling me with him.

“But.. we don’t have the same class.” I mumbled while trying to cope up to his pace.

“Yeah.. I can be late..” he said as he looked over his shoulders, “Being sick has its perks, you know~” he smirked and gave me a wink.

 

Oh boy~! This guy is really something. He’s too mysterious. While we were walking, I remembered what Yoonji was about to tell me. Does Ji-Hae know about it, if she does then what is it about? My heart started pounding really hard on my chest, something’s not right. But how will I ever find out if no one’s going to tell me..

 

 

 

 

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

A/N:

So there's more to know about Baro. Are you guys also wondering what that is? 

Watch out for the next chap tonight. I'll try to update, maybe after FIBA! woohoo!! 

 

love lots xoxo :*

don't forget to subcribe, comment, and vote up~!