This silly boy is really playing his flirting games on me.

I never knew I needed you..

I know that the whole campus body is aware about us, Baro and I, caught eating breakfast at the café last week. But they’re not that aware of the fact that we’re actually, really, no doubt, are going out. So when we entered the campus grounds, everyone started murmuring with their group of friends. And, I swear I’m not gonna get used to it, ever. It feels awful, having people looking at me like their stripping off every clothes I’m wearing. I wanted to run and go back to my old box. Baro was clutching my hand, he knows I’m feeling uncomfortable because of the people who are looking at us. I should’ve worn my oversized hoody, then I’ll be just a mystery girl, faceless.

 

“I never really thought someone would be ashamed having me around.” He said grinning at me as we stop in front of the door to my first class.

I bit the inside of my cheek feeling guilty that I made him feel that way on our way to my room, “I~ I’m just not used to.. Having all the attention on me..” I said as I bow down my head in embarrassment. “It’s not like I don’t want to be with you..”

He smiled a little and I know I was able to convince him, “I know..” he said as he ruffled my not-so-well-combed hair. “I’ll see you lunch..” he then opened the door for me and let me in..

We’re not in the same class though.. but that small gentleman gesture made my hear melt. I wanted him to know that I appreciate every little thing that he does for me.. but, I have no idea how to do that.

 

The whole morning went on swiftly. I didn’t even notice that it was already lunch break. I wanted to rush outside our classroom to meet Baro. I saw him walking at the corridor a few minutes before the lunch bell rang. I still have to tell him about yesterday. I must. Because it’s been bugging me the whole time, even my professors noticed how I was so distracted while we were having class.

 

“How long have you been waiting?” I asked smiling at him. I can’t help but to feel a little flattered for seeing him here.

“do you really have to ask?” He said rolling his eyes, “I saw you.. you saw me pass by, right?” he said now smiling.

“uh~ I was..” I was trying to come up with a good excuse. But too bad for me, my brain does not want to cooperate.

He smirked playfully, “I know..” his smiled even wider “you’re trying to come up with a witty come back, aren’t you?” There he is again, making my heart pound so hard against my ribs.

How could he know me so well for a very short time. Has he been stalking me? Am I that easy to read?

“Ji-Un..” he sound almost pleading.. “You’re over thinking again..” he said smiling.

“I’m not~” I said while pouting my lips.

His hand cupped my cheeks, now my lips are like a fish’s. He smiled as if I look so amusing in his eyes, “Are you hungry?”

“Yesh.”

He then slid his hand to hold mine, again butterflies burst out of my stomach. No matter how many times he does this, I will never ever get tired of this feeling.

 

We stayed at the Amphi Theater because the canteen was too crowded. Actually, I liked tha amphi theater better because there are only few people who’d glance at us, unlike if we stay at the canteen, dfinitely people are going to look and talk about us which will only make me lose my appetite. We sat under a tree. He asked me about my classes and I told him how it had bored me to death.

 

“Ji-Un..” he said as he turned to look at me, I can tell that there’s something by just looking at his eyes, “Why are you always alone?”

I looked away from him, I don’t know if I’m ready to actually tell someone why I’m always alone.. “I was never able to fit in..” I said shrugging my shoulders. But inside, there’s a deeper reason for it.  I felt like I was not being fair with him, I know what he’s been trying to hide from me but I’m not ready to tell him about my past.

“hey~” he said as he nudged my shoulder with his, “I’m not forcing you to tell me if you don’t want to..” he said smiling. “I’ll listen whenever you’re ready.”

“I’m an orphan..” I said as I curled my leg to my chest,

“I’m scared…” my voice was shaking. He then reached for my hand and held it. Somehow it helped me calm a little.

“I’m scared of people leaving me.. I grew up in an orphanage. I never got the chance to meet my parents. Growing up, I had to learn different chores and I had to be smart in the hopes of someone might or would actually want me to be part of their family. Time passed and all my friends in the orphanage were adopted. I was left.” Baro’s grip tighten as I choke on the last part of my sentence, “while I was in high school, the orphanage was struggling, it only has few funds left” I paused for a moment and took a deep breath. “Good thing I got accepted to this university, because.. the orphanage got demolished at the day of my high school graduation.” I looked up the tree trying to suppress the tears that are about to fall from my eyes. “I missed my graduation..” I said as I faked a smile.

Baro then pulled me to a hug. He’s arms are wrapped tight around me, and I was speechless. I rested my head on his chest, I listened to his heart beating and for a moment every bit of loneliness in my heart went flying away. “I’m sorry” he whispered to my ear. I felt like I wanted to cry.. but I don’t want him thinking I’m weak. “No one deserves experiencing those things..” he continued, “especially you, not you.. you do not deserve that.” His voice sounded so soft in my ear and I just started crying.

“Ssshhhh..” he hissed while running his fingers through my hair the back of my head. “It’s okay..”

 

I’ve been too comfortable of being alone, and having Baro around is scaring me to death. Just the thought of losing him is making me feel weak. I kept pushing him away because of that reason, I was trembling while he was holding me. And when he knows that I’m done crying, he lets go and cupped my cheeks. His thumb trying to rub my tears away, I closed my eyes just trying to savor the moment. Because if it’s not going to be mine forever, just let me keep this in my memory.

 

“What are you thinking?” He asked, then I opened my eyes to meet his gaze.

“You..” I said, I don’t know where I got all the courage to say that but dang I’m happy I was able to say it. His cheeks flushed red, and seeing his reaction I smiled. He’s really cute when he’s shy. I’d tell him all the pick-up lines just to get a glimpse of his shy expression.

“Thank you..” I muttered,

He looked at me again, now a little confused, “what for?”

“It’s just nice to have finally let that out..” I said almost like mumbling,

“You mean..” his eyes widened, “You kept all those to yourself?” he’s now looking at me with a concerned expression

“yeah~” I said looking down,

Again he cupped my cheeks to lift my head and meet his gaze.. “is that why you kept on pushing me away?”

I just nodded.

He leaned a little closer, and just like always my heart started skipping in my chest. He kissed my forehead, then he rested his forehead to mine, are faces are close to each other and it felt like I was breathing his air, “Trust me… okay?” he mumbled.

 

I just nodded, I can’t figure out what to say.. there was too much emotion  in my heart that I almost forgot how to breathe while we were so close to each other. He then stood up from where he was sitting and offered a hand to help me up.

“Let’s cut art class today.” He said smiling like he was planning on something.

My brows furrowed in confusion “What?”

“Our professor is my friend, he won’t mind me being absent.” He said as he started walking while his hands are on his pocket.

I don’t really know why but I think skipping  Art class is a great idea, plus I don’t want to come to class looking like I got beat up outside campus, I know my eyes are bloodshot  red from crying. “Well then, where are you planning on going?”

He stopped for a moment looked over his shoulders, he smiled “To the only place I can be with you without anyone staring” I knew there was something wrong with that smile he gave me. This silly boy is really playing his flirting games on me.

 

I had to admit it’s working, I don’t really know how he does it. But I always find myself head over heels everytime he pulls off his lines on me. Does he follow some kind of rules? I swear if there is a god for people who likes flirting. It will be him.