what's more to know?

I never knew I needed you..

I could use a little boost of confidence right now. I've been pacing around my dorm room trying to compose myself. I've been thinking of sending a message to Baro, but I'm not really sure what to say. I can't blurt out my frustration to him after seeing his defeated look when I took Lee Joon to the clinic. That must've hurt him deep. I know. But, he must know that punching someone on the face will not solve everything. I can't believe he did that.



"AISH~!" I exclaimed while scratching my head in frustration. What am I going to tell him? What if he decided not to talk to me, what if he realized that Ji-Hae and him really belong together, then they got back together? I swear to god, My brain making up scenario is not helping me in my situation.



I flopped myself on my bed when I felt like my knees are turning to jelly when the thought of Baro getting back with Ji-Hae crossed my mind. I can't believe this! How am I going to fix this thing between us? I don’t even know how to start?

Then I felt my phone buzzing beside me, I jumped in excitement because I know it's him! Baro is calling me. A smile immediately flash on my face and my heart started pounding crazily.



I cleared my throat before talking, tried so hard not to make my voice sound excited.



Yes?



I plainly said, then I heard him sigh on the other line.



I don't even deserve a hello after you left me at the canteen?



I was shocked when he said those words in a low tone. He's not angry? I'm such a lucky girl.



Uhm.. Hello? Is that good?



I said in sarcasm.



Ji-Un.. How am I going to say this..



I almost didin't hear the last part of what he said,



What?



I said a little confused.



I want to see you..



I rolled my eyes. How could he just ask me to see him after what he did the other night. He didn't even apologize. I'm not going to let him off the hook this time.



I'm sorry, I can't. I have a lot of homework to finish.



That was a lie. I heard him sigh again before he said,



I know what I did the other night still hurts you. I'll wait until you're ready to talk. Ok?



I almost felt like I wanted to take back my ugly alibi after guilt surged into my spine.



Whatever you said last Saturday didn't hurt me. I'm used to all the bashing, and insults.



I said flatly, but then tears started peaking through my eyes.



Lie. I know I hurt you Ji-Un. And I'm ready to make up for it. Don't just stop talking to me. Please~

I in air when I heard him say his words. Did he notice the hurt expression I wore after hearing him say those words? I don't know.



I'm sorry. I can't talk right now.



I plainly said trying to hold my tears.



Ok. I'll see you around campus then?



He said in a question.
 


Ok.
 


He took a deep breath before saying,



Bye Ji-Un..


His voice sounded a little depressed and defeated. I could almost imagine how he looked like. I didn't even bother say bye to him. I just hung up the phone on him. I know that was a crazy move. But then, how would you think straight when you want to be angry at him, but just upon hearing his voice everything just feels okay, like your anger flew away and was replaced by excitement and happiness?

I threw the phone on my bed and flopped myself again. I'm really going crazy! I rolled on my bed, contemplating if I should go to his apartment or not. I don't know but it's like I want to see him as much as he wants to see me.

Next thing I knew I was walking on the sidewalk to his apartment. It’s only four in the afternoon, so it’s still safe to walk. When I reached the place, my heart started thumping hard on my chest again. For a moment I thought that I should just go back to my dorm and maybe come back tomorrow. But then I decided that I should do this now. I’m not gonna chicken out. Not today. So I sprinted my way to his apartment. I gave his door a gentle knock. But before my third knock his door swung open.

My eyes widened in shock, and before I could even say anything the girl, who looks a bit younger than I am, opened which formed into a big smile. What was she giving me a weird smile? I raised my brow and gave her a confused look before smiling back at her.

 

“You must be Ji-Un?” she said as she cocked her head to the side and gave me a head to toe look. “You’re pretty.. no wonder my brother is in love with you.” she said in an amused tone still smiling.

My brows furrowed in confusion, Brother? If she was pertaining to Baro as his brother, then she must be Baro’s younger sister. I just nodded at her.

“I didn’t know he was expecting you though. My name is Yoonji.” She smiled wider while offering a hand shake.

I first hesitated to give her a handshake, but then I realized it would be rude of me if I don’t. Plus, I think she’s a good girl, but then I remembered the last person I thought of as a good girl was Ji-Hae, turns out she’s an evil witch inside. I’m hoping Yoonji is not like her. “Hi~” I replied to her shyly.

“Yoonji.. who are you tal--” his voice trailed after seeing me, he’s now standing behind his sister.  “Ji-Un!” his voiced grew a bit louder which made Yoonji cover her ears, I can say Baro was a little surprised when he saw me.

“jeez! What’s wrong with you?” Yoonji protested but Baro just ignored her, his eyes were focused on me.

“Hi.” I said while wearing a smug smile.

“Hi.” Baro replied now with a smile plastered on his face.

“Hi.” I stupidly replied

“Hi.” He said now scratching the back of his head still smiling.

“Okay.. stop! You both are weirding me out. If any of you say the word ‘Hi’ again. I’ll just have to give you each a punch on the face.” Yoonji said sounding a little irritated. I smiled as she stomped her way to the living room crossing her arms. She does have a temper like Baro’s.

 

Baro then closed the door behind me when I entered his apartment. No one was talking, and Yoonji was just sitting on the couch while watching Tv. I made my way to his kitchen and took a sit on one of the stool near the kitchen island. Baro was just following behind me. He stood up on the parallel side of the kitchen island.

I gulped a huge lumped that had formed in my throat. He’s looking at me with amusement. His eyes were beaming with delight. And I’ve never felt so embarrassed.

“I thought you’re not coming?” he said as he leaned on the kitchen island closing the gap between our face. He’s wearing the same playful smile he wears when he’s trying to flirt with me.

I took a deep breath when his face was just inches away from me. “I just want to know you’re not doing the same crazy thing you did last time.” I mumbled while looking down at my hands that were settles on top of the kitchen island.

“Really?” he said in between chuckles

“yeah. Really.” I said plainly then rolling my eyes. “Since I think you’re ok.. I guess I should get going, I still have lots to do.”

I was about to turn around but he got a hold of my hand and pulled me forcing me to slump my on the stool again. It did hurt a little but my attention was not focused on my aching instead on my hand that was pressed against Baro’s lips. I felt a little uncomfortable because his sister is just right in the living room, and I bet she could see us. Baro was planting little kisses on my hand that he was holding. My heart was beating really fast on my chest while he was doing that. I tried to open my mouth to talk but he was able to mouth his words first.

“I’m sorry..” he said while his lips are still pressed on the back of my hand that had formed into a fist. “I promised myself not to be a jerk around you. But then..”

I placed my other hand on top of his head and ruffled his hair. God! How long have I been dreaming to do that? I always fancy his hair, and I always thought it to be really smooth, but then to actually touch it. Wow!

He lifted his head and when he met my gaze, I just gave him a warm smile. I know there are a lot of things we should clear between us, but I don’t think now is the right time. His sister is here, and he still needs to go to Dr. Byun to have his second check-up for the month.

My eyes widened when I remembered about it. “You have an appointment with Dr. Byun right?” I muttered

He grinned playfully while still holding my hand, “Yeah. And you’re coming.”

“But, Yoonji will be left here alone?” I said as I turned my head to Yoonji’s direction.

“Don’t worry I can call Hanna to stay with her.” He said then he lets go of my hand and started walking to his room, “Don’t go anywhere. Wait for me here.” He said in a commanding tone.

“nae~” I said wearing a smug smile.

 

I went to the couch and sat on the opposite end of it.

 

Yoonji turned her head to me and said, “So, you were the one who got my brother back to writing songs?” she smiled at me.

“I’m not really sure..” I smiled at her, “I really didn’t know that he write songs until his doctor told me.”

Yoonji’s eyes widened in surprise, and I don’t even know why, “You knew?” her face is now expressionless and I can see that her eyes showed a sad emotion.

I took a deep breath, “Yeah.. I found out about it.” I said flatly

It took her a few minutes before composing herself she tried to force a smile out of , “how much did you know?” she said with coldness in her voice.

“I know about his cancer, but I’m not really sure about the other details. He’s helathy and he's taking his medications again, that I know.” I mumbled at her while trying to read her expression.

But all that I saw in her eyes was sadness. I don’t know what suddenly killed the happiness in her. But it made me feel uncomfortable. Is there something else that I need to know? Knowing he has cancer is bad enough. And I’m still hoping that he’ll get through it..

Yoonji then looked down on her feet, and then to me. She was about to say something when Baro came out of his room, “Ready?” he said while smiling.

 

 

I just nodded. Then I stood up hoping that Yoonji will look at me and bid goodbye as we leave, but then her face was cold and expressionless. She didn’t even bother listening to her brother while he was telling her a few safety reminders. Somehow, her expression bore deep into my head. What’s bothering her? Is there anything else that I need to know?

 

 

 

 

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

A/N:

I really wanted to finish this chapter.I wrote this chap in my iphone while I was lying in bed. I'm sick, but can't just let you all hanging. I hope you liked this chapter.

Vote! or I'll delay all updates! jk! HAHA

 

LOVE LOTS :* *coughs*