I hopped into a roller coaster ride.

I never knew I needed you..

Baro was holding a car key while we were on our way out. I wanted to ask him about Yoonji and if he knows anything about what she was supposed to tell me. But then I guess I’ll ask him next time. When we’re at the parking lot, I was shocked when a car lock beeped open.

 

“We’re not walking?” I asked him, he turned to look at me and shook his head.

“I was supposed to visit you later after my appointment with Dr. Byun,” he then smiled at me before opening the door of the car for me, “But it looks like you can’t wait to see me.” He then flashed a smug smile, almost too perfect to make someone melt.

My knees wobbled like jelly and I felt like I was going to fall over, but then his arms were quick enough to snake around my waist and hold me in place. I took a deep breath when Baro’s arms tighten around my waist. I know he’s done this a lot before, but then it still brings chills to my senses. He leaned a little closer closing the gap between our faces, and when I almost breathed his air, I closed my eyes. His lips were so close to mine, and I took a deep breath when the thought of giving away my first kiss crossed my mind. But then, I was a little disappointed when he planted a kiss an inch away from my lips. Was I really hoping him to kiss me?

“Maybe next time, love.” He chuckled as he pulled his arms away from my waist and opened the passenger door.

My heart was still beating fast in my chest, and I can’t believe I fell deep down to his spell again. I wanted to yank him, or kick his legs but my mind was still floating around, and I can’t think straight. How can he trick me into that? I glared at him before hopping to his car. He just laughed after seeing my expression. He must have been laughing in his head while staring down at me while I was waiting for him to kiss me. I felt a little hateful towards him.

He started the engine of his car. “Are you okay?” I saw him smirk, “You look like you need to go to a washroom” he said still wearing his smirk.

I rolled my eyes on him,. “Don’t do that again.” I muttered in frustration.

“Why not?” he said looking so amused

“just~” I tried to think of a good reason, I could have one. Just one? Think. I can’t really think of any, I really wanted him to kiss me. But then if he’s just gonna tease me and make fun of me for it, then I’d rather not. “Just~ don’t!” I tried to sound angry.

“You’re blushing.” He said while looking at me his eyes were beaming with delight, and his hand went to touch my cheeks. The action made my heart skip a bit, and I know I took a deep breath when his skin touched mine, “Don’t lose that.” He said then turning his attention back to the road.

I was stiff the whole time when we’re on our way to the hospital, it was just a short ride but it felt like forever. We were silent while we were on our way, but the silence was not awkward, it was calming though. It felt like, I belong there.

Having Baro around is quite bad for my heart, I think. I tried to calm myself but my heart was really not cooperating. Maybe I could just admit myself in the hospital for almost getting a cardiac arrest. I don’t know if I’m overreacting because I’ve never felt this way before. I literally hate everyone in our school. Shinwoo-ssi was an exception though. I had a crush on him because I always see him in the library, his group is often scolded by Ms. Geena, the librarian, for making too much noise.

Then the thought of, what ifs.. came into my mind. If Baro didn’t fly to Canada to cure his cancer, he could’ve been there with them in the library. Could I have met him? Will I like him the same way I like him now? Then again I remembered what Yoonji was trying to hide. Was there anything else that I need to know? I shook my head trying to remove everything that’s confusing my head.

“Something wrong?” he looked at me a little bit concerned.

“Yeah~ I’m fine. Don’t mind me.” I glared at him, “and eyes on the road!” I scowled when I noticed that he was looking at me.

He chuckled, “your face turns red when you’re angry.”

 

Again he said another remark he noticed about me, how was he able to even observe those things about me, I have no idea. I just shook my head in disbelief and leaned on my window. Baro pulled over the parking space, and when he has found a spot to park his car, we headed to the hospital. The receptionist only took a few seconds before acknowledging Baro. She must’ve known him because she gave him a warm smile. We walked on the hallway leading to Dr. Byun’s room. Baro knocked on the door and we heard a small voice inviting us in.

 

Dr. Byun’s eyes widen when he lifted his head and saw Baro and me. First he looked at Baro then to me before he gave us a smile, “Have a seat.” He said pointing to the two seats in front of his table. “This is a surprise” he said still smiling while looking at us.

“Well..” Baro shrugged his shoulders,“I told you I’ll bring her with me.”

I smiled when he said that.

“great~” Dr. Byun exclaimed, “I bet she can help with your check up today.”

“me?” my brows furrowed after hearing Dr. Byun, “How?” I asked pointing my finger on my chest.

Baro then gave me an unsure look, I don’t really know what he was trying to say when he gave me that look. But I felt like I need to be strong and stay there with him.

“I wanted to see how he’s been doing without his headset.” Dr. Byun said in an unsure tone, then he looked at Baro “You said, ever since you’ve met Ji-Un your headache rarely occurs. Is that right?”

Baro nodded his head while smiling. How did I ever become the reason for that? It must have been because of his medication right? I got more confuse. Then Dr. Byun’s expression changed, his warm smile was gone, and his face was cold and without emotion. I looked at Baro, his face was blank. That was the first time I’ve seen him like that. They were looking at each other like they were sharing thoughts without voicing it out.

Dr. Byun let out a sigh, “You said Ji-Un helps you relax, and when she’s around your headache rarely occurs?”

Baro nodded again, I was still looking at him. I took a deep breath before asking, “he has cancer, cancer kills your healthy cells, which will then eventually make you weak if not treated, right? then what’s causing his headache?”

Dr. Byun turned his attention to me, “He~.” He paused for a moment, I know I have no right to ask him questions, but I want to know. “Baro can you remove your headset for me, I want to know how long it takes for your headache to occur.” He said not answering my question.

 

Baro then motioned his hands to remove his headset, I was kind of unsure, nervous, and scared of what might happen to him if he experience the scourging pain again. I’m terrified for him. He then closed his eyes and his breathing was heavy. I wanted to go to him but then I was pinned in my chair motionless, Baro reached for my hand and held it tight. His forehead had formed some creases, and I know he’s feeling the pain again, but after a few seconds his expression changed, he looked more relaxed now.

Then Dr. Byun started taking down notes on his notebook after Baro wore his headset. Upon opening his eyes he turned to look at me, my heart was beating so fast, I felt pain when I saw his helpless expression. I wanted to wrapped him around my arms and tell him that he’ll be okay.

 

“I’ll have to increase your dosage.” Dr. Byun said as he raise his head to look at us, “I’m hoping you’d be able to remove your headset in two months’ time.” My heart was lifted with excitement when I heard that Baro could finally walk around without his headset.

Baro smiled at me when he saw me smiling, “What are you smiling about?”

I turned to him with a large grin on my face, “I won’t be scolded again for tapping my pen in class.”

His eyebrows furrowed, I can see that he didn’t understand what I said, “How was that my problem?” he said leaning his back on his chair while Dr. Byun was looking at us with amusement.

“I got really distracted with your music that time when I was scolded but our professor.” I narrated, “I was so annoyed because your music was causing too much noise.”

He then turned to look at me with humor in his eyes, he’s actually holding a laugh. “I remember that, you look like you were about to punch someone.”

“I do not!” I scowled at him.

“I bet you did!” He teased with a smirk on his face.

“I was annoyed because I find it so unfair that you were allowed to listen to music in class while everyone can’t.” I said chuckling. But I know better now, I already understand why he needed them so I stopped judging him for that.

 

His smile was gone as well as the playfulness in his eyes. I know what I said made him feel like I was judging him because of that, but I’m not. I know that whatever I have for him made me accept him as he is, and understand whatever he’s going through. When Dr. Byun felt the awkwardness that had surrounded the once warm conversation we had, he told us that Baro is done for the day and we can head back home because it’s already dinner time and Baro needed to go back to Yoonji.

When we were on the road, no one was talking and the car was filled with awkwardness. I wanted to tell him I’m sorry if I sounded like I was judging him, I wanted to make it clear that whatever he’s going through I’ll be here for him.

 

“Baro~” I mumbled, I almost choke with my own words trying to let it out. I took a deep breath when he looked at me.

“yeah?” he said in a low tone.

“can we talk for a second?” I asked calmly

“Aren’t we talking already?” he said coldly, and I felt like something stabbed my heart. I hated that he was being cold to me, I got really used to the sweet him. I don’t know how to fix this, him.

“What I said~~” I stumbled with the words trying to think of ways on how to explain to him that I’m sorry. “I know that.. What I’ve said~” I said but before I was done talking he snapped.

“What you’ve said is enough okay?” He said almost shouting, his hands tighten on the steering wheel. I took a deep breath trying to manage the shock I was experiencing after he snapped at me.

I lowered my head down trying to hold the tears that are peeking through my eyes, I can’t cry in front of me. I promised myself I’ll never ever show weakness because I’ve been through enough. “I can walk from here.” I said trying to make my voice sound normal.

“What~ no.” he said in a commanding tone. His voice was low, and I know that he’s trying to control himself to snap again.

“Baro~” I said now in between tears, “Please~ stop the car.” I sounded almost pleading.

“Sh*t~!” Baro exclaimed as he punch his right hand on the steering wheel. He then pulled over the sidewalk and took a deep breath.

 

Still sobbing, I don’t want to look at him, why does he always have to see me like this. Why do I always cry and feel helpless when he’s like angry. I know I can be difficult sometimes, but handling him is much more overwhelming. I don’t want to give up on this but he’s pushing me.

I reached for the door handle to open the door, but when I was about to hop off his car he managed to pull me back inside. He was looking at me in the eyes, the coldness was gone and was replaced with warm and apologetic look.

I took a deep breath when I felt like my heart was beating ferociously inside my chest again. I know I was feeling a little angry at him because of how he is acting, but then for some reason my heart doesn’t want to cooperate. I was the first on to look away, but then Baro raised his hand to cup my chin, he raised my head to face him.

 

“Ji-Un~” He said in a low tone, his voice was so tender that my heart pounded even harder. His thumb was brushing my tears away from my cheeks. “Please stay~” I blinked at his expression. I don’t even know what to say. “I know I shouldn’t have given you the cold shoulders. You don’t deserve this.” He said shaking his head.

Then after trying so hard to tell my mind that this has to stop, I snapped back, “I’m sorry Baro~ but what we are..” I took a deep breath still looking at him. “whatever we have. won't work..” I can't continue what I was about to say because it was breaking every piece of me bit by bit, instead continuing whatever I want to say I forcefully removed my face from his hold.

 

I can see from his expression that he didn’t expect that coming, I know I am a little bit too dramatic. But he must know that I’ve learned to trust him, now he must trust to me when I say that I’m not gonna judge him for anything, that him being sick doesn’t matter. Him, leaving when the time comes doesn’t matter. That now, what we have is something that I will cherish for the rest of my life even if I know that there is a big chance that it will not last forever.

I flinched my arm when he tried to hold me down on my seat. I started walking on the sidewalk heading to my dorm. He’s not gonna see me cry anymore, I need to find the me who was strong and independent before I met him. The one who never cared about anything, just finishing college as invincible as I can be.

 

Then I heard footsteps that are following me, but before I knew it he grabbed my hand and pulled me into a kiss.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________

A/N:

AWW what a shocker!? Baro finally kissed Ji-Un.. :))))))))

I could say that a lot of you are going to bash me about updating the story because of the last part :)) you all bet I will :3

Keep reading! :))

Love lots :* xoxo