Intertwined? maybe not.

I never knew I needed you..

I was on my way to my next class when I realized that there were group of girls following me. Or maybe I’m just imagining things “Hey, Ji – Un ” uuh nope.. they are really following me. I turned to their direction while holding the straps of my backpack. “yeah?”

“Let’s exchange partners.. ”  it was Sara, I am not really sure what they call her, but she’s very popular among boys. I met her during my sophomore year when she was part of my group project, actually I can’t call her a part of it ‘cause she did not do anything to help our group. She just kept on fixing her hair, make-up, and anything that is not really related to our project. She’s with her friends.

“Ok” is my response when I turned to her. I don’t really care. “Ask Ms. Flay, if she says yes, then no problem.” Then turned my back on them and continued walking.. lalalalala.. leave me alone.

“FOR REAL!?! Thanks.” I was shocked when she blocked my way and was jumping in excitement while holding my hand. Why is she so excited? I don’t see any plausible reason to be excited in being that guy’s partner for the project.

“Yeah, yeah..” I said while looking at the figure of the person behind Sara, who entered the room for my next class. That guy can’t be him.. he’s in my political science class as well. How unlucky of me. “I gotta go, I still have a class.” I said as I remove my hand from her hold.

 

+++

Before I entered the room for my next class *looking around the room *blink *blink where’s he? *scanning the room.. I look like an idiot, *spotted* he’s sitting at the end of the second row, beside the window.. I guess he loves sitting by the window huh. A bit emo. Psh!

I spotted a seat on the first row, three seats from the window. I walked to the vacant seat while staring at him, if I can remember it correctly his name is Baro, ok I was staring at Baro. He turned to my direction, OOPS!! He caught me staring. “!” I cursed in my mind “to look away, or not to look away?? Uuhh~~” I raised my left hand awkwardly covering my face. “Go stare at the window instead. Shoo!”  I sat on the chair and hope that he’s not staring any longer. Turned my head again to his direction, eep!! He’s staring at me.. why’s he staring? He’s making me conscious.. is there a dirt on my face? My hair?

“Whats’s wrong with this person, he told me to stop staring at him, but right now he’s the one who’s staring. Argh!~~” I am mumbling to myself again. And my seatmates are staring at me like I’m some kind of a weirdo.

Our professor started with the class after everyone is settled in their seats. I can’t concentrate. HONESTLY. I can hear his music. Can’t he see we’re already having our class? How could he possible learn with such loud music playing on his headset?  I can’t concentrate because of his music. Can’t he tone it down. What’s pissing me off more is the fact that our professor doesn’t even care. Like he’s ok with it? REALLY!? I can feel my blood vessel exploding.

“Ms. Ji-Un please refrain from tapping your pen on your table. You’re causing too much noise.” I didn’t notice that our professor is already standing in front of me asking me to stop tapping my pen.

“uuh-Mianhae~~” my eyebrow furrowed a little because, the professor got distracted with my  pen tapping, but he’s just s ignoring Baro, who’s been playing his music during class hours. REALLY? This is so unfair.

Good thing that was my last subject for the day. I can’t stand seeing that guy’s face anymore. I need to get away from here. I need a place where I can feel invincible again. But, how are we supposed to finish our project if I’ll just ignore him in campus.. this is really hard..I really thought everything  will be back to what it used to be after I return his shirt.. I’m wrong. I just hope Ms. Flay would allow Sara and I to exchange partners. There’s nothing wrong with him, I just can’t stand seeing him, AAAAAAH I don’t know how to explain this. I feel awkward.

“It’s only 5pm, I’ll just head straight to my part time. Then I’ll see Shinwoo-ssi, and I’ll be fine.” As I’ve said, I have a big crush on him. He’s very masculine, gentle with people, in fact I’ve never seen him angry, he’s always calm, caring, and he’s always smiling.

 

+++

Wow! Just a month after the opening of the café,  a lot of people are already coming and visiting the shop.  Yeah, I’ve been working here for a month. Grand opening happened two weeks before the start of classes. Usual customers are students from my university. I’m very much familiar with some of the customers.

“Annyeong” I greeted my colleagues cheerfully.  Shinwoo-ssi is talking with two guys, they were occupying the seat beside the entrance.  According to my colleagues, who are full time employees here meaning they are always in the shop working for *ding *ding TEN HOURS, those guys are Shinwoo-ssi’s friends. Anyway, back to describing Shinwoo-ssi’s friends, the guy with a red wine colored hair is called Jinyoung, while the guy with cutesy facial expression’s name is Sandeul.

“Is it their first time here?” I asked curiously, I haven’t seen them in a while, new boys are actually ruling the campus now after these guys graduated.

“Nope. They’re usually here at around lunch. Actually, we’ve gained lots of customers because of them. Chick magnate, huh?” said Kim, my colleague, as he bump my right shoulder.

“I overheard a while ago that they’re here to meet their friends.” Said Kelly, my other colleague “They’re good looking, I bet they can be idols.”

Little do they know, I’m familiar with those guys. They were higher batch than I am. They were the seniors during my junior years. They were the popular boys. Girls love them. If you fool around with these guys, their fan girls are going to kill you. WAIT. Friends? Their only friend who’s still studying in the University is Gongchan, and he’s my batchmate. He’s actually my classmate in my PE class,* ehem track and field *ehem NOT MY FIELD. He’s also good looking, but not as good looking as Shinwoo-ssi of course. “I’m a little curious who their other friend is. Quite interesting..”

Every time new customer arrive in the café we need to greet them, you know.. to show hospitality. As I was taking the order of the group of girls who just came in and occupied the seats near Shinwoo-ssi and his friends, another customer came in.

All smiles “ANNYEYEONG~” slowly bowing to the customer “HASSE~~” slowly lifting my head while smiling to the customer “Y..Y~~” O.O <-- me.

“YOHW~~” He said, staring at me eye to eye, without blinking. It’s HIM. I don’t know if he noticed how big my eyes have circled when I saw him. We were staring at each other for like forever!  When I realized that he has no intentions of looking away.. I covered my face again with my notebook, which I use to take down orders. “Slowly turn around, and walk away..” yeah, I planned on walking away again..

“excuse me, we’re not done ordering yet. ” protested the girl

 “uhh—here..” I placed the notebook on their table without looking “write your orders down in this notebook. Just call me when you’re done. Ok? Thanks.” *jog *jog *jog and straight to the washroom.

 

+++

I’m still in the washroom, my heart’s pounding really fast and I don’t really the reason why. “I’m gonna lose my job, I’m gonna lose my job, I’m gonna lose my job” I said, almost chanting it . “What am I thinking?” Don’t judge me! I panicked! Like really, I was.. uh.. uh.. “! I look horrible!!” I blurted when I saw my reflection on the mirror. My hair is all over the place, oily nose. “I can’t believe I was looking like this the whole time!”

I’m still contemplating if I should go out or not, “To go out or not to go out. To go out.” It’s not like he’s gonna eat me right? I’ll just do my job, ignore that he’s here and voila~! *opening the dor

+++

 

“Are you ok?” asked Kelly,

“yeah, I’m ok.”

“What’s with the running to the washroom scene?” asked Kim, almost laughing

“I was not  running, I was just jogging.. my gym trainer advised me to jog every afternoon. Yeah! Jog every afternoon.” I replied, while scanning the shop, Shinwoo-ssi is now sitting with four guys. “B-Baro is a friend of his? How?”

“Huh?” Kim and Kelly asked, they both heard me. Oops!

“Nothing.” I said  waving my hand to them “Don’t mind me.” Then smirked

“Can you serve these to that table?” Kelly commanded while pointing to the table of the girls seated near Shinwoo-ssi’s spot.

Nah-uh.. I don’t want to walk or get near Baro, “Why don’t you do it?” I said almost in protest.

“I can’t because I already took their orders. It should’ve been your job, but you were in the washroom. Now go~!” she said then slapped my back. I made faces, ‘cause that’s all I can do.. *crying mentally

 

 I started walking to the table where I need to serve these orders. It’s a bit a heavy, but I can manage. I’ve been doing this for a month, so yeah, I’M AN EXPERT. No, not really. Ok, back to concentrating in balancing my tray. Almost there……. *exhale.

“Here are your orders.” I said with a fake smile plastered on my face.

“wow~!” they exclaimed in excitement. If I know, they are just trying to look cutesy ‘cause of these boys beside them.

Speaking of cute boys, I can feel him staring at me again. *deep breath, eep! I looked at his direction, well, it is confirmed. He’s staring at me, and I don’t think he’s going to look away anytime soon. “Please, stop staring at me. Stop staring. Ahdgkjdhkgmbdafioyhser;kln;dfa.”  No, I am looking back at him at him. I was staring at something else, to the people who are on the other side of the café, to the walls, to the ceiling..

“excuse me, hey~ hey~!” I didn’t realize that these girls were talking to me until one of them slapped the table with her hand in frustration. “I told you to bring us straws for our drink, why are you just standing there.”

“Oh~ yeah~ M..Mian~~” What is wrong with me, I feel like not myself anymore. I turned my back to pmthem and started walking to the counter to get some straw. It’s almost  7pm, I still have two hours t finish my part time.

 

“Those girls just shouted at you..” asked Kelly

“Don’t worry, it’s part of our job~~” I said faking a smile. Honestly, I feel a little embarrassed. I don’t usually get this feeling after being shouted at. I don’t know why today, I feel like I want to hide myself in a box and then hide it in a basement where no one can see me.

 

+++

It’s already 9pm and few people are still in the shop, my shift is over so I can finally go back to my dorm. Shinwoo-ssi’s friends left earlier before he did. He said he’s going somewhere important. “I’ll go first~~ see you tomorrow after my class.” I bid my colleagues goodbye.

Three steps from the café, I saw a figure of a person, who looks really familiar. I started walking again, then as I walk closer to him, I realized that it was Baro. He’s wearing his headset again, “ok, walk faster.” I’ll pass by him, but I guess I’ll just ignore him, pretend that he’s not there. I did not see him.

 

“Yah!” he blurted,

 

*walk *ignore *walk

 

“Yah!” he shouted, “Ji-Un-ah~!”

 

Then I stopped walking, he called me by my name again. I don't know, but there's something about him calling my name. He was able to follow me and is now standing right beside me on the sidewalk, I can still hear his annoying music blasting out of his headset. He’s not saying anything, instead he just gave me a table napkin.

I was a little confused, why is he handing me a table napkin, which I bet he got from the café because of the logo, “what’s this for?”

He just shrugged, and without even saying anything, he just turned around and started walking to the opposite direction.