Never too late.

I never knew I needed you..

“So, what are you thinking of buying for him?” Sandeul said as he drove his car to the nearest shopping center. “Actually, he does not want anything in particular.. There’s someone I know he wants though” he said while wiggling his brows at me.

I waved my hands dismissively at him, “I don’t really know what to buy for him”, I let out a sigh, “You were the one who asked me to come to his party in the first place.” I’m quite happy that I’m with Sandeul, he’s too friendly, and though he knows that it’s complicated between me and Baro, he’s just there trying to be cupid.

 

After that scene at the pizza parlor with Baro and Ji-Hae, I never got the chance to talk to him. It’s either Ji-Hae would pull Baro with her and goes to another place or asks him to come with her. I really do want to talk to him. He came to me first, so I thought maybe he’s finally giving me the chance to explain myself, too bad Ji-Hae was always in the same place at the same time. Talk about coincidence.

Now, we’re on our way to the mall, thinking of what to buy for Baro. Sandeul said I don’t really have to get him anything, but I felt like I needed too. First, because I left him with Ji-Hae last week at the pizza parlor, second, because of all the things that I did, third, I just want to give him something. Good thing I just got my salary from the café the other day, I guess I’d be able to buy a decent gift for him.

Sandeul then parked his car on vacant spot in the parking lot, I hopped off the passenger seat and waited for Sandeul so we could walk together to the mall.

 

“where do you want to go first?” Sandeul asked as he walked with his hands in his pockets.

I raised my brow at him, “I told you, I don’t have any idea what to get for him. I’m hoping you could give suggestions..”

“You’re no fun..” he said complaining, “I don’t know why he liked you..”

I gave him a smug smile, “well, he doesn’t. So stop complaining.” Well I’m still not really sure if he does like me, but for me like is an understatement of my feelings for him.

Sandeul shook his head in disbelief, “psh” he walks passed me and I just followed behind him. What’s wrong with him all of a sudden?

 

Sandeul brought me to different stalls where he thought I could find great things to buy for Baro, too bad for me I can’t choose any. We also went to a lingerie shop because he thought that it would be nice to just go and just act like a while he winks at every girl. I rolled my eyes every time I see him hit on girls, and they just start giggling. Wow~ this guy knows how to use his magic.

 

“What if I just wrap you in a big box and then let you wear some of these..” he said stretching his arms while holding a  pink leopard lingerie in front of me, he was smiling playfully “he’d love me for the rest of my life.”

I pushed his arms away with a disgusted look on my face, “I’m starting to think going to the mall with you was the worst decision I’ve made in my entire life.”

He started laughing like a crazy man while holding his stomach as I darted my way out of the store, “I’m just kidding, wait for me.”

 

I was looking around the mall, and when I found a shop where I want to go, I pulled Sandeul with me. I scanned through the clothes. Then, I heard the usual annoying eeky voice of the girl I hated the most, what is she doing here? I tried to find where she was in the shop, then when I finally spotted her I started pulling Sandeul with me, as we hid behind a rack of clothes. She was with someone, I think it was a friend of hers.

 

Sandeul tried to raise his head to look at the person I was hiding from, “Why are you hiding from her.”

I hissed at him, “keep quiet, will you?” He gave me a what-the- look, I gave him the I’m-serious-here look then rolled my eyes at him as he focused his attention to the talking girls.

 

“Remember the guy I told you, the one that I really liked?” Ji-Hae said as she scan through the clothes that were hanged on the wall.

“yeah, what about him?” the other girl said,

“I’ve been trying to get his attention, but I think he’s not-” she paused for a moment, “he’s not interested.”

The girl raised her brow at Ji-hae, “really? Well, he must be blind.”

Ji-hae let out a sigh, “ no, it’s not like that. I think he likes someone else.” She frowned,

“then make your move before the takes your man away.”

“It’s not like that, Ji-un is a friend. And, she’s really very nice.” Ji-hae said, and I felt a little guilty after hearing her say that. All this time I hated her and now she’s telling her friends who called me a B that I’m nice.

The other girl gave her a look, “I’m telling you.. jump your moves on your guy or you’ll lose him.”

 

I turned my attention to Sandeul when I realized that Ji-hae mentioned my name. Baro likes me? Though the confession didn’t come directly from him, it still made my heart hammer in my chest like crazy. Sandeul just smirked at me as he shrugged his shoulders.

And I am not letting her jump her moves on anyone, especially on Baro. I can’t believe I’m hearing these things. I stomped my way out of the store, not minding if Ji-Hae would notice me, Sandeul just followed me as I made my way to the parking lot.

I was fuming again, I don’t know why but I felt like I want to punch someone. I took deep breaths as I closed my eyes and count to ten. Jealousy has struck me again, just the thought of Baro and Ji-hae together made me want to slit the throat of that leech. She is not gonna do what her friend just told her right? I just have to calm down. Plus, why do I have to care, it’s not like we’re together, but I can’t help it.. I’m freakin’ jealous!

 

Sandeul was smirking at me when I looked at him, “you know, I never really thought you had this side before” he said while his arms were curled in front of his chest,

“What?” I said while scrunching my nose at him, I’m confused.

He shrugged, “You were too quiet. We always thought you were mute.”

I raised my brow at him and gave him a smug smile, “Thanks, if you meant that as a compliment.”

He laughed a little after hearing my not so amused answer, “you’ve got to stop worrying about Ji-Hae.” Sandeul said as he let out a small smile, “Baro never liked her as much as she did. She was like a- sister to him.” he went to closer to me and placed his hands on my shoulders and tapped my side, “You- you are different.” He was looking down at me, when I met his gaze instead of seeing his usual happy expression I saw sadness, and pity.

I rolled my eyes at him, “How I wish.” And I’m really hoping, wishing to all the stars that Sandeul was right.

“Come on, I guess you’re not in the mood to roam around the mall anymore.” He said as he let go of me and walked to the driver’s seat.

 

Sandeul drove me to my dorm. I bid him goodbye and thanked him for coming with me. I invited him for dinner at the café but he declined and told me he needs to go somewhere else, and that he still needs to talk to our other friends for the preparation of Baro’s birthday.

I flopped myself on my bed, still thinking about what Sandeul was trying to say.. trying to put the puzzle together. Baro, almost had his little confession at the libray, Ji-hae telling her friend that Baro likes me, and Sandeul I don’t really know what he was trying to say. I hate all these riddles, it’s making me really hopeful, and I’m really starting to think that Baro does like me back but why did he push me away last time?

 

 

+++

BARO’S POV

 

 

“NO. did I agree to this one? What? I didn’t- hey!”

 

I blurted at Sandeul who was on the other line. He was talking about how they have planned for my birthday the whole week and that I can’t say no.

 

“are you even listening to me? NO.”

 

I protested, and I felt like I was talking to myself because Sandeul was technically ignoring every protest that I have been blurting out for the past 30 minutes we were talking on the phone.

 

“we’ll be there tomorrow, and it’s a whole day event, so stop complaining.”

 

Sandeul said in a firm voice, he talked like he was a teacher scolding a five year old kindergarten student. But I know he’s enjoying this because he knows I’ll give up in the end.

 

“Whatever. Do whatever you want.”

 

 I said while rolling my eyes. I just said that so I can hang up on him.

 

“Oh, you know I will. You don’t even have to tell me.”

 

Sandeul said with a hint of amusement in his voice, and I sense that he’s smiling in victory.  

 

“Don’t even dare lock your apartment. You know, I can always ask Hanna for keys.”

 

And with that he hung up on me. Funny how he sounded like a girlfriend. I threw my phone on my sofa and walked to my refrigerator, took a sip from bottled water that Hanna had stocked the other day. I scanned my apartment from my kitchen to my living room, I don’t know why it felt like there was something missing.

My brows furrowed, I was trying to think if there was an appliance or if there was a single furniture that has been moved from its usual spot. It just felt a little incomplete, it’s weird because I was always alone and it doesn’t feel this way before. I walked to my sofa and literally throw myself on it. What is wrong with me, my apartment felt a little bigger and I don’t even know why.

Then she came to my thoughts again, this often happens when I’m not doing anything. I propped up as I rubbed my head, her image is hunting me again… Ji-Un. A smile crept out of my lips remembering her smile, laughter, cute cheeks that turn red when she’s shy, and her weird singing when she’s nervous.

 I know I sound like a girl right now. But, what can I do everything about her is just too adorable. It’s even harder to be away from her when my friends often talk about her, and how they’ve started to love her as well. I guess not only did cupid strike me too late; he even struck me too hard that I can’t get over Ji-Un.

I was wrong to have treated her that way, I would probably be too late to apologize for my mistake.

 

+++

I know it’s my birthday, and I’ve received good amount of messages from people since twelve midnight. But, I don’t feel any any excitement whenever I read their wishes. I haven’t heard from Ji-Un, yeah I know she sent my phone back, and I was a fool not giving it back to her. I wanted to go to her yesterday, but I chickened out. I was afraid she’d be mad at me and would push me away. I know I need to man up.

I promise to man up today, if I see her. That’s why I am hoping that she’ll be coming today for the party that Sandeul and the others had planned. No don’t get me wrong, I don’t like their plan for my birthday, the only good thing about their idea is they’re bringing Ji-Un with them. I’m just hoping that she’d come or at least just greet me for my birthday.

 

“Aish~!” I snorted while pacing around my living room, “What should I tell her?” now I’m talking to myself, “Ji-un~ I’m sorry~~ god!!!” I scratch the back of my head as I was trying to think of what to say to her. “I didn’t mean to~! This is not gonna work.” I scolded myself, then my doorbell rang.

 

My brows furrowed, as I turned my attention to my wall clock, it’s only 10 in the morning. I walked to my door. I was still a little confused as to who came first, Sandeul and the others never bother ringing my bell, they just knock and shout like crazy until I open the door for them.

 

I let out a deep breath, “Please be Ji-Un~” I wished to myself before opening the door.

 

My eyes widen as I took a deep breath upon seeing her familiar figure. Her small body taking up the space on the front door of my apartment, she was just looking down on her feet when I opened the door for her. She then raised her head to meet my stare, I blinked for a moment trying to make myself believe that she’s really here. I don’t know how I managed myself not to hug her, and wrap my arms around her.

 

I gulped before saying anything, “J-Ji-Un..” I mumbled.

Her lip twitched to a smile as her cheeks blush the cutest shade of pink, I smiled at the sight of it ‘cause I felt like I was the only person who can make her blush that way.

Her eyes searched my eyes, “Hi. Uh~ Happy Birthday~” she said then bit her lower lip.

 

My heart flattered, hearing her voice, seeing her here again is enough as a gift. She’s wearing a floral dress that flowed down to her knees, she covered it up with a sweater I guess because it’s fall and temperature tends to frop unexpectedly. God, how I wish I could just hold her and never to let her go again, but something is holding me back. I know if I take her back, I’m gonna have to hold onto her until the day that I’d have to let her go, and just the thought of it- breaks me.

 

Her brows furrowed as she scanned my face, as if trying to read whatever is in my head. I swallowed the lump that had formed in my throat, “uhm~ thanks.. well~ they’re not yet here. But- come in.” I said as I opened the door wider for her.

She gave me an unsure look before stepping inside, “I was- I was with Sandeul, he just- he said Hanna was here and I can just come here.” She stuttered for words, and I know she was feeling nervous again. She may not know this, but she looks really cute when she’s like this.

I scratched the back of my head while looking at my feet, “And you believed him?” I said while smirking at her, she’s too gullible, and she fell for Sandeul’s trap.  Then I walked to the sofa, “No one’s here yet.” I said as I plopped on the sofa.

She blinked for a moment while staring at me, I smiled at her, “you ok?”

“uh~ yeah-” she just said, and it’s obvious she’s trembling, her blush never left her cheeks.

I patted the space on the sofa, “Don’t you want to sit?” I said while raising a brow at her, “You know I don’t bite.” I . I remember that time when she came to my apartment wearing pajamas, she looked so scared and cute at the same time. I remembered hugging her that night while feeling the pain in my head, I was glad that she was there with me which made me feel a lot better.

She took a deep breath as her eyes widen “uhm- yeah sure.” She looked like a kid while walking to sofa staring at her feet.

I smiled at her, and I can’t help but to admire her, “You look good on your dress.”

Her cheeks blush red, “thanks.” she then scooted to the farthest side of the sofa, giving a space for where another person fit.

I guess she hates me for everything I did to her, and I hated seeing her like this when she’s alone with me, she looked scared. I rested my head on the back rest of the sofa.  I took a deep breath, built my courage, “Ji-Un~”

I felt her flinched from her seat, she’s always jumpy though. “yeah?” she replied in question

Ji-un just stared at me, and I know she was willing to listen to whatever I wanted to say. Keep your sh*t together “I~I’m-” I tried to make up the words in my mouth but I was cut when I heard the ping of my door bell. “Sh*t.” I muttered as I stomped my way to the door.

 

I am definitely going to kill whoever is at the door.

 

 

+++

JI-UN’S POV

 

 

I usually sleep until 10am on Sunday mornings, but since I slept late last night I can’t even open my eyes when I heard knocks on the door. I swear whoever was knocking on my door and calling my name is a sick-o. I was alone in my dorm, because my roommates often go home to their family on Friday nights. I opened my eyes when I realized. Why is there a guy outside my dorm room, literally banging it like crazy, and he’s even calling my name!

 

I straightened myself up, without even washing my face I went to the door. I opened the door to face the person who’s bugging my sleep, my eyes were closed and I was wearing my ugly frown “Ji-Un is not here. She’s in dreamland, come back later.” I said then motioned the door close, but the person stuck his feet to prevent the door from closing.

I opened the door again, and raised my shut eyes to see the person. My eyes widened when I saw Sandeul standing outside my dorm room, “what-how did you get in here?” I asked a little bit confused, boys are not allowed in our dorm, how was he able to come here?

He flicked his finger on my forehead, “Stop talking and go get dressed.” He handed me something, then pushed me back to my dorm, he didn’t follow instead he closed the door behind me. “I’ll wait for you outside.” Sandeul shouted then I heard his retreating footsteps.

 

I went to my bed and placed the soft cotton thing that Sandeul gave me. I flattened it on my bed, and it was a floral dress. I don’t know where he got his taste for clothing, but I got to admit the dress was nice and pretty. I smiled feeling a little excited.

I took a bath, then grabbed a sweater from my cabinet, it’s Fall and who knows how low the temperature could drop. I slipped the dress and topped it with my cream sweater. And when I’m contented with my look, I left my dorm and headed out.

 

“where are we going. It’s too early.” I eyed Sandeul.

He raised his brows at me, “don’t tell me you forgot.” We were in his car.

I took a deep breath and lowered down my head, I did not forget. It’s Baro’s birthday today. I was really going to greet him last night that’s why I was up until after midnight, I don’t have any other way to greet him but to come to his birthday hence I agreed to Sandeul for coming to the party. “I did not.” I flatly replied.

 

He just stayed quiet until we arrived at the apartment, we walked up to Baro’s apartment. And being here reminded me of the day when he pushed me away, then the thought of backing out at the last minute crept in the back of my head. But knowing Sandeul, he wouldn’t let me.

 

Sandeul then gave me a playful look, my eyes furrowed at him because I felt like he was up to something. He then raised his hand to press the doorbell to Baro’s apartment. It was already too late for me to stop him, “Hanna’s there! I’ll see you later. I’ll be back with the others.” Sandeul said in one breath, my jaw dropped as he started darting to the stares leaving me dumbfounded.

Oh my god. What am I gonna do? Should I just leave? Walk and never look back? Before I can think of anything else, the door swung open. I was too scared to look at him so I snapped my head down and stared at my feet. I didn’t say anything, and it also took him a few moments before saying my name.

Now, I’m here back in his apartment. I know I should feel uncomfortable, but I don’t. The place smelled like him, it’s warm and comfortable, it felt like I belong there. I was just staring at him waiting for him to say anything but the doorbell rang at the very untimely moment.

 

“Sh*t” I heard him utter before stomping his way to the door.

 

I let out a sigh of relief only to be choked again by my own breath when I heard the annoying voice of Ji-Hae, “Oppa~ Happy Birthday.” She said in the happiest tone she could ever sound. My hand formed into fist when I saw Ji-hae leap and wrapped her arms around Baro’s neck.

“Ji-Hae~” Baro said in a surprised tone, he was also shocked to see her at this early. “What are you doing here?” he said as he slowly remove Ji-hae’s arms around his neck.

“It’s your birthday and I wanted to spend the whole day with you~!” she exclaimed as she almost jumped in excitement.

 

I cleared to my throat just to remind them that I was there. Baro turned his head to my direction and Ji-hae poked her head to the side to look at me, and boy did I love her reaction. Her eyes widened when she saw me and turned her attention back to Baro. I can’t help but to smile.

 

“You didn’t tell me she was here.” She said faking a frown. I rolled my eyes at the sight. “Even I don’t want to see you here, leech”

Baro just shrugged his shoulders, “well, you didn’t tell me you’re coming.” He said and walked back to the living room, “Plus, my friends planned a party for me today.”

“You’re having a party and you didn’t even invite me?” Ji-hae said frowning even more. “oh god, please”, I thought to myself while looking at her.

“it was Sandeul who planned the party.” Baro said trying to at least make Ji-Hae feel a little better. “I don’t really know why he didn’t invite you.” He then sat back to the sofa, next to me.

I gave him a confused look, but instead of moving to give us a little more space. He scooted closer, which made me deep breaths.

“Then I’m staying.” Ji-hae declared placing her arms in front of her chest.

 

Then without a word she sat on the vacant space next to Baro. I know it’s harsh that Sandeul didn’t tell her about the party, but deep inside my heart I was happy that he did not invite her. Too bad, Ji-Hae is just too hard headed and wouldn’t take a no for an answer.

A few moments later everyone came with their pot locks while wearing their party hats. I glared at Sandeul who was also wearing a party hat with a duck face printed on it. He walked to me and gave me his cute smile, “Did you tell Baro that I sent you as a gift?” he said while patting my head.

“Shut up.” I said as I shove his hand from my head, “You owe me big time.”

He just gave me an amused smile, and walked to the kitchen to taste all the food they just brought.

 

It was already dinner time when YoonJi and Hanna arrived with a cake. She said she had to be at the hospital to fill in for her colleague, she was late but I was still glad to see her. YoonJi on the other hand, had to finish her project for tomorrow. She came back to Korea and decided to stay here with her Brother. I still haven’t met his mom though, and I still am curious what made him come back from Canada.

 

I was zoning out again and came back to reality when I heard Hanna called, “Everyone, we have to sing a birthday song for Baro” she said as she unwrap the cake from the box, I helped her do it.

Sandeul rubbed his hands together, “This is my favorite part of your party.” He said directing the message to Baro.

Baro was just watching me while helping Hanna unwrap the cake, and can’t help my cheeks from turning red again when I saw him smile at me.

“I know cakes melt.” Jinyoung said, “but I am sure she’d melt if you keep staring at her like that” he continued as he nudged the side of Baro.

All his friends started laughing when he started blushing, and turned his attention to something else. He looked cute though, and I missed seeing him like that.

“You’ve got to be kidding me!” Yoonji exclaimed as she gave Baro a punch on the side, “you haven’t told her don’t you.” She said while smiling sheepishly at her brother, sometimes she does act like she’s older than Baro.

“okay, okay..” Shinwoo-ssi said trying to dismiss them, “do you really want your brother to tell her while we’re all here?” Everyone looked so amused, while I was confused, and Ji-Hae has been scowling on the side.

“Can’t we eat this precious thing already?” Sandeul said in frustration. Everyone laughed at him.

 

Then everyone sang him a birthday song while clapping their hands. I can’t help but to feel really happy for him, he’s got great friends, people who loved him, I on the other hand just wants to thank him for everything. He shared these things with me. I met them because of him, and I can never be thankful enough or him.

Gongchan was the one who sliced the cake up, because he was so perfectionist, and he wanted to make sure that Sandeul is not going to take too much chocolate. According to him chocolate makes Sandeul really hyper, as if Sandeul is not over the top hyper already.

Everyone bid their goodbye and last minute greetings and wishes at Baro, I was sitting on the sofa with Ji-Hae while waiting for Sandeul who was cleaning the kitchen with Baro. Sandeul’s supposed to send me back to my dorm, because he was the one who brought me here. Ji-hae was sitting beside me, and I am not planning on talking to her.

 

Sandeul came to the living room when he was finally done cleaning, he might have noticed that Ji-hae was just sitting with me and was not planning on leaving until I leave first. “Ji-Hae.” He called to her, I turned my head to him as well. “I’ll carpool you to your house.” My eyes widen as I gave him a confused look.

What are you doing?” I mumbled without making a sound.

Sandeul just gave me a smirk on the side, and when he felt like Ji-hae was ignoring him, he went to her and pulled her up from the sofa, “Come on.” He said in a flat tone pulling her with him.

“hey! Let go!” Ji- hae protested while trying to remove Sandeul’s grip from her arm. “I don’t want to go with you.”

I was just watching them, Baro was also standing at the living room and I can tell that he’s also confused of what is happening.

Sandeul then turned the door knob with his free hand and swung it open, “I’ll see you tomorrow in campus.” He said as he gave me a wink, and then shut the door behind him. I cocked my head to the side still dumbfounded of what I just watched. He left me here again for the second time! I can’t believe this.

“Let go!” I heard Ji-Hae’s protest behind the door.

“Don’t you dare!” Sandeul shouted daring Ji-Hae, almost shouting. Then we heard loud footsteps retreating from the door.

 

Then I realized that it was already late and I still have classes tomorrow. Then stood up after seeing that drama, I guess I also need to leave now. I don’t know why but being alone in Baro’s apartment made me really confortable, I’m afraid that if I stay any longer it’s gonna be hard for me to leave the place, and the person who lives in it.

How am I gonna get over him if we’re always left together like this. My heart still breaks a little every time I remember the time when he asked me to just forget about everything and pretend that we had never met. I know I’ll be alright, but just not tonight. I’m gonna be okay, though I wish he’d ask me to stay with him.

 

I cleared my throat, hoping that my voice won’t make it too obvious that I’m about to cry, “I-I should go.” I said without looking at him.

He was just staring at me without saying anything. I strode my way to the door. Baro then let out a sigh, “stay.” He said a bit nervously.

 

My cheeks immediately flashed pink, and my heart started racing. I never realized that he was already behind me until he held my arm. Taking a deep breath and silently praying for strength, I slowly turned my body to face him. I raised my head and my mouth went dry when I locked eyes with him.

 

Baro cleared his throat and stood up straighter, “I- wanted to talk to you. You have been ignoring me in campus.”

My eyes furrowed at him, What? I was ignoring him? I did not! Ji-Hae, it’s all Ji-Hae’s fault. “That-That’s because I don’t want to talk to you-” lie. I’m so bad in lying..

I saw the same hurt expression cross his face, and I immediately wanted to take back the words that I just said. Maybe I’m not strong as I thought. “Just tell me you hate me, shout, do whatever you want just- talk to me.”

“I was never mad at you nor did I ever hate you” I said trying to hold my tears.

“Then what were you?” he asked a little bit concerned.

“Hurt.”

“oh,”  He then lowered down his head, then took deep breaths before facing me again. “I’m sorry.” His nervous expression came back.

I don’t know if he saw how my eyes lit up after hearing him say those words, I blinked a few times unable to say anything.

“I want to court you.” Baro said formally.

“what-? Court me-?” I burst out. He is asking permission to court me? What is this nineteenth century? I had to admit, he’s making me really nervous right now.

He turned red. “I’m serious, Ji-Un. I know I’ve acted like a huge jerk in the past. And I want to make it up to you.”

I pursed my lips preventing it from dropping into awe. “Why?” I asked confusion still flustered on my face.

 

Baro’s brown eyes flashed as he held mine in a near trance, and my heart did a series of small flips. I don’t know why, but now I felt nervous.

 

“I’m going to be honest with you.” He said softly, “in the beginning, when I first met you in front of the campus, I pretty much hate you. I was so upset that my favorite soda was spilled on my uniform, and my first day was ruined because someone so clumsy bumped me from behind. Then I saw you again, in campus, at the café, I was still confused at how I felt but that I realized when I got close to you and got the chance to talk to you in our English class, I wasn’t really pissed. Still I didn’t let my feelings get through, until I saw how Lee Joon looked at you. He looks at you the way I wanted to look at you, all the time.”

My head was spinning and I was glad I didn’t collapse right then and there. What was he trying to say? That he didn’t hate me like I think he did? “What does all that mean?” I said in a hoarse tone.

Baro looked frustrated, “It means--” he sighed, “you know all those things I did, my uniform that I asked you to clean, me giving you my phone just to be able to get in touch with you? Let’s just say I’ve never done those things before.” His face was bright red, “all those crazy things just popped in my head, because I wanted to get your attention.”

I felt like there was a huge lump in my throat, “So are you just playing games at me? Trying to get me to go out with you?” I didn’t even know what I was saying, but my voice was a little higher than I wanted.

Baro shook his head, looking even more frustrated. When he looked at me again, I saw sadness flickering in his eyes. I tried my hardest not to throw my arms around his neck and try to take his sadness away. “I know I told you I hated you the last time we talked.” His sadness grew deeper making my heart hurt. “Not even as a friend. I know there are probably lots of other boys who wouldn’t hurt you like I did.” Baro swallowed, “other boys who aren’t sick, and would probably grow old with you.”

I just stared at him, trying to comprehend what he was trying to say. No way. My pulse roared in my ears, and my face felt hot and prickly. I wouldn’t be surprised if I had a heart attack. “Are you asking me to be your girlfriend?” I had trouble getting the words out.

Baro nodded at he stared at me, “How I feel about you is hard to fake.” He frowned, “And I don’t want to stay away from you anymore, its killing me.” He continued, “I can’t be the perfect boyfriend, but at least I could try as long as I can. And as long as I’m with you.”

 

Holy crap. He’s serious.

 

“Then why did you push me away?” I asked sarcastically,

Baro looked embarrassed, scared and sad, “there was nothing else I can do to stop myself from hurting you when the time comes. I wish-” he paused, “can I just ask you something? That night, when I kissed you, did you feel anything?”

I felt myself turn white at the thought of our first kiss, and the kiss he gave me when we were at Sandeul’s. A strange feeling filled my stomach. “No.” I said, choking on the word. I am such a bad liar.

Baro’s eyebrow drew together, and his eyes darkened they were almost black, “No?”

I shook my head frantically, but my hands were trembling and I was sure he noticed it. “No.” this time I tried to sound a bit more confident.

“that’s a shame.” He murmured a bit huskily, as he took a step towards me.

 

I stepped back not liking the look he was giving me. There was determination in his eyes and something else I cannot name. Baro grabbed my wrist and held me still as he closed the distance between us until- until there was not distance between us.

 

“What are you doing?” I squeaked, panicking. My wrists burned under his touch, and I can hear the impending heart attack looming ever closer on the horizon.

He was so close… “You don’t seem to understand what I’m trying to say. So, I’m just going to have to show you.”

 

I didn’t have the chance to ask, because at that moment, Baro crashed his lips down on mine, causing my knees to wobble and strange colored lights to explode behind my eyes. I stood there frozen, and my knees continued trembling like they suddenly turned into a jell-o.

Baro seemed to have taken my now moving away as an encouragement, because he deepened the kiss, causingmy heart to splutter and my knees to give out.

I yelped in alarm, breaking away and grabbing his arms just before I collapsed in a heap on the ground.

 

“Whoa.” He grasped my wrists and hauled me back into a standing position, “Are you ok?”

“I’m fine. I muttered, humiliated, “What was that?” I said barely a whisper while staring at him.

Baro stared at me in disbelief, “You still have to ask?”

I swallowed, “I just- I don’t understand.” Even though I did. I just couldn’t believe it.

He sighed, looking pained, “Fine. Ji-Un, I’m just going to be straight up to you, ok?-” he hesitated, then continued, “I love you. And I mean it, even though you hate me right now.” He swallowed, “just give me a chance. I’ll make it all up to you, I promise. I really will.”

 

How could I have doubt his feelings for me, all this time he had actually liked me. Me? Hun Ji-Un. Still, it was hard for me to wrap my head around it. The whole thing between us was like a cliché, all this happen only in books and movies, but here it was, happening to me.

 

“Ji-Un” Baro’s eyes searched me face. “can you say something please? Even if its ‘I hate you’. I just need to know.”

“I need to sit down.” I said faintly, and he guided me to the sofa.

 

And as I sat there, staring at him, takin in his tousled blonde colored hair that was always a bit messy, his hazelnut brown eyes that could always fill a room on fire, and his lean face that usually wore a playful smirk if not a scowl. Still in a bit of daze, I slowly walked to the where he was standing, and I could see nervousness increase on his face. at the same time there was a spark of hope in his eyes.

Taking a deep breath, I tried to calm myself down. I need to make sure this is what I want myself to do. One look at Baro gave me my answer. Yes.

 

And then I slapped him. Not a hard slap, mind you, but it was still a slap.

 

Baro stared at me in shock.

 

“I hate you.” I said my voice was trembling.

And just like that, the small hope from his eyes died, “Oh.” Baro said as his voice was cracking. He looked like he wanted to cry. “I guess, I guess.. that’s it then, I’m sorry for everything though.” He mumbled.

“wait.” I stopped him from talking, “I’m not finished.”

 

He stared at me confused.

 

“Don’t you want to know why I hate you?”

Baro didn’t look at me, “Not really.” He muttered.

I continued anyway, “I hate you because yes, you’ve been such a jerk. But you know what? I hate you for acting such a jerk even if you knew you liked me! I hate you even more for not telling me earlier, I hate you for making me cry.” I was nearly crying by this point as I pounded my fist against my chest trying to vent all my frustration. “You’re such an idiot.” By the time I finished, I was almost out of breath.

 

Baro, I could tell, was absolutely stunned, because he didn’t say a single word. Instead, he just wrapped his arms around me. At first his touch was hesitant, like he was afraid I was going to pull away or slap him again, but when I didn’t he grew more confident, pulling me closer against his chest. Without even thinking I wrapped my arms around his waist. It just felt so right, being here in his arms, and I didn’t want to think about anything else not the past, not the future- just the moment.

 

“I love you, too” I murmured against his chest.

I felt his chest in air, “say that again..”

I pulled away breathing heavily, “No.”

He gave me a cheeky smile, while burying his eyes through mine, “I love you” he said full of emotions

I gulped hearing the words again.

 

 

And that was when I knew my life will never be the same again.

 

 

 

 

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________

A/N:

YEY! they've finally said it! *clap *clap Cheers to Ji-Hae and Baro!! 

I'm sorry for the very late update. It took me a while to write this chap. It's the longest cahp in this story. I would like to warn everyone though that next chaps would be as long as this one. :) I might also have to tell you all though that the story is about to end soon :(

What do you think about this chap? did it bore you? I'm sorry I'm not really good at writing cheesy lines :(( 

don't forget to leave a comment  :))

 

I love my readers! :*