Are we together, as in together?

I never knew I needed you..

I was barely awake when I opened my eyes. Half asleep and half awake, I sat right up trying to recall where I am. Then I remember, I’m at Baro’s apartment. I laid my back again on the bed, covered his blanket around me.. this is the warmest, most fragrant blanket ever!  I’ve had the deepest, worry-free, and comfortable sleep in my entire life. Would you believe that?

I smiled when the idea of being here in Baro’s apartment just us together struck my mind again. Speaking of Baro, where’s he.. I rolled to the side of the bed and the blankets that he slept on were already piled up neatly beside the bed. He must be awake.

Then I noticed the time on the clock that was on his side table, it was already 10 in the morning. I usually wake up at 7, good thing we don’t have classes today or I’ll have to marathon my way out of his apartment to my dorm. I raised my hand to clear my eyes from any sign of morning glory when the door to the bedroom squeak open.

I removed my hands that were covering my eyes to look at the person who just came in and.. holy molly macaroni! Baro was standing on his door, wearing his dark blue pajamas without anything to cover the top part of his body.. bearing his broad shoulders and.. abs.

I immediately covered my face with his blanket, my heart was pounding really hard on my chest.. I’m still a girl, and seeing a guy half is not something that usually happens, especially to me. Heck, I only see shirtless guys in a magazine, I don't even spend more than a second looking! My hands were shaking because of nervousness. What is wrong with this person walking around shirtless!

I heard him chuckle, maybe because I look humorous to him, but I swear to god, if he’s going to kill me with pleasure, I wouldn’t care. Wait what? That didn’t just cross my mind right?

 

“Good morning..” baro said in a low husky tone. And I swear, imagining how deep I took my breaths that whole time, I could’ve the air out of his bedroom.

“m~morning..” I said still covering my face with his sheets. “why are you walking around shirtless? Jesus!” I scowled under his sheet.

“Why?” he asked with a confused tone.

“you’re shirtless.. and you're aware I'm still here, right?.” I said and I felt my cheeks burning, “P~please.. p~put a shirt on..” I pleaded

“Didn’t you like what you just see?” he said with a teasing tone then he chuckled.

“n~no.. I ~I’d rather be.. uh~ blind..” I said stuttering. I know I stutter a lot but right now my stuttering is at its worst, and its not helping me in this situation.

He started laughing.. “I missed your stuttering..” there was a minute of silence as I heard footsteps, “You know your stuttering didn’t quite convince me with your witty answer, babe.”

 

I took a deep breath under the sheets. I don’t know where he got the endearment he just called me. But, my heart skipped a beat trying to swallow in the feeling it has brought yet again to my senses. Then a strong arm forcefully removed the sheet that was covering my head. I almost squealed in shock when it registered to my mind that Baro’s face was just inches away to mine. He’s now wearing a plain white shirt.

I in another deep breath, trying to hold it in for as long as I can. Our eyes met, his full of amusement, warmth, and delight.. mine, I don’t know.. I could’ve looked like a zombie because Baro started grinning at me. He’s really enjoying the tease, doesn’t he?

 

“Breakfast is ready.” He said before pulling my out of bed. He guided me to the kitchen still holding my hand. “I know you’re hungry. You didn’t eat last night.” Then he pushed my shoulders, forcing me to sit down on a chair.

“I’m not..” shaking my head ferociously. But my stomach made a growling sound, which I hope it didn’t because Baro started laughing. I stuck my tongue out to him then turned to the food on the table, there are bacons, eggs, and warm breads. This is the only morning that I would want to savor myself with breakfast.

“I made all this.” He said while raising his chin up in the air.

I just shrugged my shoulders to him then I took my first bite of the bacon. “Not bad..” I said looking up to Baro who’s now sitting on his chair that’s just inches away from mine.

 

He just gave me a satisfactory smile. And I never felt that happy before. If he’d smile at me like that every time I would praise him, I’d tell him all the praises my mind can think of and throw it all to him just to get a hint of that smile. I smiled back at him, the smile I had never had since forever. When we’re done eating I took the liberty to clean everything up since he prepared the meal for breakfast, it was the least I can do.

While I was cleaning the dished I remembered the reason why I got pissed off at him yesterday. He was supposed to have dinner with Ji-Hae and her family. Instead, he stayed home and sulk.

 

“Why didn’t you go to Ji-Hae’s place last night?” I asked as I turned to him while he was switching channels on his tv. I don’t like prying on people’s lives but, I’m just curious that I can’t help but to ask.

“huh?” he said as he turned to my direction, “oh that..” he leaned his back on the sofa, “I was not in the mood.” He then shrugged.

“But, Ji-Hae would get angry..” I said in an unsure tone. I don’t really like talking about her, but I think ruining Baro’s relationship with his friend will forever hunt me in my conscience.

“She’ll understand.” He said while he was focusing on the show he was watching on tv. Right… she understands him.

 

 I just took a deep breath and gave myself a minute of silence. Thinking of the reasons why I suddenly felt lonely and down. Then I felt arms sliding their way to my sides. My heart started hammering again on my chest. Baro wrapped his arms around my waist, he leaned his head resting it to my shoulder. I didn’t hear him coming so I was shocked when he’s already right behind me, giving me a hug. I took a deep breath and continued on cleaning the dishes, I know he’s not gonna let go even if I protest. So I’ll just save my energy.

 

“You’re cute when you’re jealous.. did you know your ears turn red when you’re jealous?” he mumbled to my ear, and it sent electricity through my veins. He’s won a golden award for making breathing hard for me.

I blew out air threw my mouth, “I’m not jealous.” I scowled at him.

“Yes you are..” he said chuckling, “You don’t have to be.” He said, now a little serious.

“hhhmm. Let’s see..” I said as I raised my head to massage my chin. “nah.. I only get jealous when I care for someone.”

 

And I swear to god I wanted to take that back. Baro removed his arms around my waist, I saw his jaw tighten and his expression changed in a matter of seconds. I was thinking of a way to tell him I didn’t mean it, that I really care about him. In fact, I care about him too much. I wanted to have the same Baro I was just talking to five minutes ago. Next time I'll justnkeep my mouth shut.

The next one hour felt like someone threw a bucket of ice over my head. He was not talking to me. I can’t see the same warm and delighted expression from his face, not even a hint of it. What have I done? Then I told him I should get back to my dorm, he just nodded and said that he would walk me just as he promised. He changed into his jogging clothes and then we made our way to the sidewalk.

I was following behind him, his hands are on his pockets, he had worn his headset after I had that stupid conversation with him. I raised my hand to slap my forehead. I need to do something about this. He can’t stay mad at me again knowing that he might do the same stupid thing he did to himself last night.

 

I stopped from walking, and when he felt that I was not anymore following him. He turned his head wearing his confused expression.

Lowering down my head I said, “I’m sorry.” Tears almost making its way through, “I didn’t mean to say that I don’t care about you.. I care about you too much Baro.” I sobbed, “I care about you too much that it scared me to death when I found out about your illness.” I paused for a moment to rub my tears from my eyes “I haven’t cared for anyone before, but I do..care about you.

He walked to me and wrapped me in a tight hug, he held the back of my head tenderly, “Please.. stop crying..” he mumbled, as his other hand rubbed my back. “I believe you. I’m sorry.” He said in a sincere tone.

I wrapped my arms around his waist, he then lifted my face to meet his gaze. He lets go of his hug and used his hands to rub away the tears on my cheeks. “Sticky..” he said in between chuckles.

I just smiled at him, because even how stupid I may look, he was able to find a way to ease the situation. he took my hand and we started walking to my dorm again.

 

Before we parted, he told me that he will fetch me at 6pm, and that I should wear something comfortable. He’s going to bring me to the dinner at Ji-Hae’s house. I told him that I should wear a dress or something presentable, but then he insisted that whatever clothes I find comfortable he wouldn’t mind.

Honestly, comfortable clothes for me are either my shirts, shorts, and flip flops or sweater/jackets, denim pants, and flats. He really left me with something to think about huh? What if I just tell him that I’m sick and that I can’t go out of bed.. I got a flu, chicken pox, or something..

I looked for his number in my phone book and created a message for him.

 

I’m so sorry. I know this is a late notice, but I felt really sick after we parted earlier.

 

Then my phone beeped, he had sent a reply message.

 

Lie. You were perfectly fine when I left you.

 

I typed in a reply to him,

 

I’m really feeling sick. I have typhoid fever.

 

My phone beeped again, notifying me that have received a message,

 

Hanna is a nurse, I can ask her to make you some nasty tasting medicine juice to help you recover from your typhoid fever.

 

I rolled my eyes in disbelief, How can I totally forgot about that.

 

Okay okay. Just don’t make me drink some medicine juice. Or I’ll be sick. For real.

 

I then received another message from him.

 

Good. See you later, babe.

 

 

Gosh! I don’t know what has gotten into me that after reading his last message, I started twirling around my dorm room like crazy. But, something inside me is still unsure of where our relationship is currently standing. Are we together, as in together. Or should we still call this just dating? I’m not sure. But, one thing is for sure. I love him.. that’s right, I love Baro.. I wouldn’t miss this chance for the world.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________

A/N:

What is your opinion about the flow of this story? good or bad? leave your comments. And don't forget to promote, vote, and subscribe :)

Please bear with me if there are any grammatical errors or mispelled words. I'm a bit sleepy, but I was just too determined to finish this chapter :) 

 

love lots :*