few sweet words..

I never knew I needed you..

We heard Hanna clear . Right, Hanna was here. She called me to talk to Baro and fix whatever problem we’re having. I think we don’t really have to discuss it right now because Baro needs to eat and take his medicine. He had locked himself in his room for 6 hours, if it wasn’t for Hanna, who knows what could have happened to him.

 

“You guys are so screwed up.” She muttered in disbelief, and made her way to the kitchen, “I’ll prepare dinner, and you both…” she glared at us pointing her forefinger, “Talk..” she said almost commanding.

We just nodded to her, I was still smiling while Baro’s arms were wrapped around my shoulders. I pushed myself away from him and guided him to the sofa. “Are you crazy?” I asked him almost whispering.

He looked at me in the eye, his eyes were beaming with warmth “Crazy enough to starve myself because of you..” he said chuckling.

I made a face, I know it was my fault. He doesn’t really have to rub it on my face. “Now, now.. let’s see.. it wasn’t me whose spending too much time with a friend. Plus, you said you don’t sulk when you’re lonely? Wasn’t locking yourself in the bedroom called sulking?” I said while rolling my eyes.

 

He raised one eyebrow, and suddenly his expression changed. He looked like he was about to say something, but then he just took a deep breath and leaned on the backrest of the couch. He then raised his hand and pressed his finger to his temple. That’s when I realized he’s not wearing his headset. I raised my head to look at Hanna, as if she knows what is happening to Baro she just gave me a signal that I should let him be.

 

“Are you okay?” sudden surge of concern rushed thru my veins. He just nodded as a response, I know he could be feeling something, I just hope that he would tell me. I clasped my hands together feeling a little uncomfortable because I know I’m here with Baro, but there was nothing I can do to help him. Still watching him, I noticed that his face has turned a little pale, and there were dark circles around his eyes. I’m not sure if it’s because of the light coming from the lamp on the table behind him, or because of something else.

I looked at the time on the wall clock just above his television, 30 minutes before midnight. I didn’t even notice the time and Hanna is just almost done preparing dinner for Baro. I stood up and straightened myself, removing the creases that had formed on my clothes.

 

“I should.. probably go..” I looked at Hanna, then to Baro who opened his eyes and gave me a stern look, “I can’t stay.. it’s already very late.. and I just uhh~ violated the curfew” I let out an unsure smile.

I felt Baro scan his eyes from my head to toe, “You came here wearing that?” he said raising his brow.

“Yeah..” I nodded, “uh~ I was in a hurry..” I said grinning sheepishly at him. Hanna was just looking at us with a smile on her face while she was preparing the food on the dinner table.

“Stay.” He didn’t just say that flatly. He said it like if you try not to obey him, he will strangle you with all his might. And my heart started pounding really hard again.

“I can’t~~” I stuttered,  trying to come up with a logical alibi.

“Ji-Un..” Baro said almost pleading, “I don’t want to argue about this.. I won’t let you go home wearing an almost see through pajama and an oversized sweater at this hour of the night.” I looked into his eyes, and all I saw was he was sincere in not letting me leave his apartment.

 

I looked at Hanna who just gave me a smile, as if trying to say that I should just stay with Baro for tonight because he needs me. My heart started flattering its way out of my chest again when the thought of—he needs me—crossed my mind. It wasn’t Ji-hae or any other girl, it was me who he needs at times like these. And I’m happy to know that.

I sat again on the sofa with him, he wasn’t talking. His eyes were closed and his forehead creases once every few seconds. He could be feeling the scourging pain of headache Dr. Byun had mention when I came to visit him.

 I tried to stand up to go check his ipod, but Baro’s hand was fast enough to get a grip on my arm. Letting me stay put on the sofa, he pulled me closer to him. I can still see the discomfort on his face before he pulled me to lean on his chest.  His really getting a hang on touching and hugging me. But, I must admit, I will not complain if he does this all the time. “Stay here.” He said as he burried his nose on my head, and I felt the warmth of his breath on my neck causing me to shiver.

 

“Dinner’s done.. I should get going..” Hanna announced to get our attention, then I pulled myself away from Baro’s hug. “Ji-Un, take care of him okay?” then turned her attention to Baro “I’ll come back tomorrow morning.” She said before shutting the door close.

“You hungry?” I asked him with a smile, I know he is hungry. I’m just too stupid to think straight when he’s around.

 

 I lifted myself up from the sofa pulling Baro by the arm to the kitchen. He has a round table in the kitchen enough to fit 4 people when dining. Hanna prepared a lot of food for one person, near the flower vase is a medicine organizer, which I think is for Baro. I helped him sit on a chair, while I sat on the one parallel to his.

 

“You’re too far..” he said as he pout his lower lip. He gave me a playful smile, much to my surprise he carried his chair closer to my spot, now he’s sitting beside me. He leaned his head on my shoulder, and I took a deep breath when I felt his heavy head on my left shoulder.

“Y-Yah!” I tried shoving his head away using my right hand, but I guess I was too weak compared to him.

“You heard Hanna right?” he said murmuring while his head is still resting on my shoulder. “You should take care of me.” I gulped when I felt his warm breath on my neck. Oh god!! I need some space from him, or I’m gonna die hyperventilating.

Go on, go on, come on leave me breathless..” I mumbled out of tune trying to calm myself ignoring the tension that Baro had brought to my senses. There I go again singing random lines from the first song that hit my mind when I’m nervous.

I felt him chuckling, trying to hold his laugh, “Do you really do that often?” he asked.

“Wh-What?” I said trying not to sound stupid. But I guess I did sound stupid.

“singing.. you sing when you’re nervous.” He raised his head to look at me, and I saw amazement in his eyes. I could’ve died right there for holding my breath as he was looking at me. “It’s cute..” he said before leaning on my shoulders again.

“uhmm~oh hear.. try this.” I reached for one of the food that Hanna prepared for Baro and offered a spoonful to him. I was hoping I could get away because I’m definitely falling for another flirting session with him. I don’t think my heart can bear it anymore. I then handed him his spoon so he can feed himself. “You’re arms and hands are perfectly fine, I guess you can feed yourself.”

“You should feed me, I missed dinner because of you.” he said while munching his food.  He placed his spoon on his plate, then he leaned a little closer pressing his body to my side, his arms then made their way to my waist and he clasped his hands together. He was holding me as if I’ll  break if he lets go.

“What are you doing?” I said trying to move, and shove his arms that were tightly wrapped around my waist.

He raised his head to look at me, he was smirking like a devil, “uhmm.. I guess I’m trying to hold down my nurse who looks like she’s gonna faint any minute.” He then smirked and leaned his head on my shoulder. I blushed after hearing him say that. He must’ve felt that tension in my breathing when he came closer.

 

What else can I do? I tried moving my body away from him but he doesn’t budge. I’m too weak compared to him, I was defeated. He was right actually when he said it was my fault. He must’ve been very furious when he saw me with Lee Joon. I too feel the same when he’s with Ji-Hae. When he’s done eating I helped him with his medicine, then told him I should go because no one in my dorm knows where I am. He told me I could use his bed, and he will sleep on his sofa. I know how uncomfortable it is to sleep on a sofa so I then insisted that I will sleep on the sofa since I’m small, and he will stay on his bed.

 

 “No. It’s not safe for you to walk outside at this hour.” He raised his brow while crossing his arms on his chest.

“the streets are well illuminated by street lights. ” I said raising my eyebrow.

“You do really make things complicated you know?” Baro said in an almost angry tone.

“Because, I told you I can just go back to my dorm. Problem solved? Right?” I said in an even commanding tone.

He took a deep breath as he massage his temple with his finger, “Stay here. Okay?” he sighed and continues, “I’ll walk with you tomorrow if you want, just stay here.” He said as he made his way to his room.

 

I wanted to protest but then when I saw his pleading expression I just chose not to say anything. I’m just causing him more stress when he should be resting now. I will still sleep on the sofa, if he insists that I stay on his couch I will retaliate. I heard him call my name after a few minutes of sitting on his sofa. He must be furious. I entered his bedroom where he was, he has a single bed pushed against the wall. It’s a bit smaller than my dorm room, but this one felt more comforting and warm. I saw Baro setting blankets on the floor.

 

 He turned his head to me, and his anger is almost gone, “You take the bed. I’ll sleep here.” He said in a commanding tone.

“But~” before I was able to say any protest, my heart skipped a bit when he glared at me.

“No buts.. now go to bed before I drag you from where you are.” And in a heartbeat I was lying on his bed trying not to say anything.

 

My heart did its little jazz moves when Baro reached a blanket that was on the far end of the bed and carefully covered it around me to my shoulders. It was a bit cold that night, so the blanket was enough to provide me warm. He smiled at me before leaning closer to leave a kiss on my forehead. I don’t know if he was able to notice the redness of my cheeks before he turned off the light from his lamp. I heard him chuckle before he lay on the floor.

 

“Good night, Ji-Un..” His voiced trailed but I was able to understand him say those few words. Few sweet words that I would love to hear every single night before I go to sleep.

I smiled, the kind of smile that’s rare, the kind of smile that a person would usually wear when their genuinely happy.. “Good night Baro..”

 

For someone who had lived for twenty-one years, surrounded by loneliness, unhappy moments. This could definitely be the best night of my life. So there I was hoping just to have the simplest life a person could ever ask. But I think as long as Baro’s here.. I know my life will never be the same again.

 

 

 

 

 

 

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________

A/N:

WARNING!! To all readers, this chapter is too sweet, you might get diabetes. just kidding!

I'm enjoying this story so much :) So, we all know that there's already something that's going on between them, I'm thinking of going deeper into their lives, adding more characters. Stay tuned! :)