A loser like me..

I never knew I needed you..

I can’t figure that guy out, he’s so weird, “what’s this napkin for?” I tried inspecting the table napkin. Yeah because I was too excited, I inspected the napkin while I was on my way to my dorm and much to my surprise, written on the table napkin is a cellphone number and a note. .

010- 1234-9876

Just text me whenever you’re fee.. for the project.

I smiled for a little after reading his note on the napkin. “I can’t.” it’s just impossible for me to send him a message or give him a call “I don’t have a cellphone.” I never really thought of getting one, since I don’t really need it. “Oh well.. I’ll just see him in campus”

 

+++

I woke up really early that day because when I got to my dorm, I was already very tired and sleepy to do anything. My first class is at 10pm, I might as well go straight to the library to do my homework. On my way to campus, I saw Sandeul and Jinyoung.. as I have said, they were Seniors last school year. They were talking to my English professor, Ms Flay, who turned to my direction to acknowledge my presence.

“Good morning, Ms Flay” I really wanted to just ignore her, but that would be rude. Psh! “She didn’t even say good morning.” I murmured to myself. I’m kind of wondering why she was talking to Sandeul and Jinyoung.

“No one needs to know about it, I don’t think he’ll like it people would think of him differently.” Jinyoung said almost murmuring, I was able to hear him as I passed by them. “he really wanted to have a normal life in college after he found out about it.”

“We all know about his condition, we’re making sure that our mouths are zipped about it.” Ms. Flay said while wearing a sad expression

I don’t really have any idea what they were talking about, but I guess they’re talking about a particular student in school, I couldn’t hear them anymore because I was already yards away from them. “what was that about..” I wondered. I’m sorry, I just can’t help it. I may be quiet in school, but I really like listening to rumors in campus. It’s quite thrilling.

I arrived at the library, there were only few students because some are already having their classes. A loud blaring music caught my attention when I reached the farthest corner of the library.. It’s HIM. He’s sitting by the corner, his head on the table, and I’m guessing that he’s asleep.

“He’s even allowed to listen to his music in the library.. how??” I said, kind of pissed because I always stayed at that part of the library because it’s the quietest corner. UNFORUNATELY, he occupied the spot. What’s pissing me off more is the fact that his music is way too loud, I CAN HEAR IT, LIKE I’M WEARING HIS HEADSET AS WELL!!! HECK!! “I’ll just find another spot.”

To my surprise, he raised his head and turned to my direction, “Yohw~~” he said as he raised his right hand to acknowledge my presence, his voice sounds sleepy.

“uuh~~ hi~~” I said while faking a smile, I then turned my back on him and spun my way to find another spot.

“you’re busy?” he said, I didn’t even realize that he followed me

“uuh~~ nope..” I said while faking a laugh, “I was just.. uhh~~ finding a spot for me to ~~ study~~ yeah..” his music still blasting from his headset, then I remembered he can read lips, so even if he can’t hear me, he’d still be able to understand what I was saying.

He just nodded his head, “do you really always talk like that?” he asked, I was kind of confused with his questions, “Uhh~~ then you’ll answer.. do you have speaking problem?”

I just tried to ignore him as I sat on the chair, I am now facing the wall. When he realized that I have no plans of answering his question, he just shrugged his shoulder and sat on the vacant chair.

“You didn’t send me a message.” He said as he rest his head on his desk.

Did he wait all night for my message? “a-about that..” I said, almost mumbling, “I can’t.”

“what?” He mumbled, “oh~ I understand, you don’t want to make your boyfriend jealous.”

My brows furrowed with what he said, I don’t have a boyfriend, I never really had one, no one has ever courted me, what’s wrong with this guy, what made him think that I have a boyfriend? Aish!~  I wanted to explain it to him, but I guess I don’t even have to because he doesn’t even have to know. I am distracted by your music, I need to do my homework.I said as I roll my eyes.

After I said that, he stood up and started walking, actually I thought I saw his expression change from calm to angry. “bipolar.” In my defense, his music is actually making too much noise and I really can’t concentrate because of it. Little do I know it’s already 10pm, I heard the bell rang.. I’ll be late. Again. !!

 

+++

English class again, I stood for about 10 minutes in front of the classroom door before pushing it open. I really thought of skipping the class because Ms. Flay will just ask us to work with our partners. I don’t know why I just don’t want to talk to him. I just feel awkward, I know he’s done nothing wrong, but.. There’s something about him that’s irritating my whole senses.

*clap*clap “you may start working with your partners now.” Ms Flay signaled the class “Hello Ms. Hun” she said as I enter the room

“Hello, Ms. Flay” I let out a small smile. Fake one.

“getting used to being late, huh? Take your seat” Ms. Flay just said flatly

So because we had to work on our project, I moved my desk to next to Baro, I don’t really know how to start a conversation with him because he’s listening to his music again while staring at the window, “Hey..” he said before I was seated.

“hey” I plainly replied

“You know you can just skip our class if you wanted to..” he said expressionless

“I know we’re not close or anything.. but this project is important for me to graduate.” I just said

He just shrugged as he turned his attention to Sara who’s now talking to Ms. Flay, I’m guessing she’s asking our professor to let us exchange partners. “Ms. Hun, come here quick.”

Baro turned to my direction as if asking me what was going on. I just gave him a small smile. I stood up and walked in front of Ms. Flay and beside Sara who was still talking to her.

“Ms. Hun, I know you don’t know him, and I can see that you’re kind of distracted with his music” she said in a low tone “but I don’t think I can allow you both. This was my idea, to partner each and every one of you with someone I know you can work with.”

“This is so unfair, she’s the loser in the class but she gets the new kid.” Sara protested, and because of that the whole class in now looking at us.

I just hope Baro’s not looking because even if he’s wearing his headset, he’s really good with reading our lips. “I~~ really don’t mind being his partner. I told Sara to ask for your permission first.”

“I know you’re doing great as partners, because I was able to observe you both the last time. It’s great that you’re both communicating.” I really wanted Ms. Flay to stop talking about the last time because I can feel Sara piercing her eyes on me. “Take your seats girls, my decision is final.”

I walked back to my seat, which was beside Baro, as I was walking to my table, he was smiling at me, his stare was kind of scary and confusing “So.. you’re distracted with my music.”

“You were able to read our lips?” I asked in awe “I’m sorry.. I mean, uh~~ it’s not like I don’t want to be your partner.. uh~~” I said trying to come up with something

“It’s ok, I don’t really care. We’ll just have to work on this for six months. After that you can pretend that we never really met each other.” He said as he gave me a smile. A fake smile.

“uuh~~ yeah.. you’re right about that” I was insulted with what he just said, “maybe we can write in our song how we disliked each other, how I can’t stand your music, how high your ego is, how bipolar you are” I was mumbling again to myself.

“that girl Sara.. she called you.. a loser” he said, oh great!! I pouted as I rolled my eyes. He was able to read Sara's lips as well.

I smirked a little, “I don’t really mind, everyone thinks so..” I shrugged as if it was nothing.

“I kind of thought so too..” he said flatly, “you’re always alone, don’t you have friends?”

I can’t believe this person, for a moment I thought he pitied my situation, but I was wrong. I have friends, those people in the café, the mailman, the female guard in our dorm, “huh~” I just let out a deep breath, “I’m not really great with socializing myself with people.. so yeah.”

“oh~~” was his only reply, I was hoping he’s not going to ask anything about me anymore. “Do you want to have lunch..” he paused for a while “with me..”

And for a moment there, I thought I was deafened with the loud thumping of my heart, “Did I hear him right? Lunch? With him?” I don’t really have any idea what to say, I was caught off guard. And before I was able to answer he just said, “See you at the school grounds” he bid his goodbye as he walked to the door without even looking.

I never realized that the bell had already rang, I was dumbfounded because out of nowhere he asked me that question. “Do you want to have lunch… with me? Do you want to have lunch… with me? Do you want to have lunch… with me?” these words were in my head as I walk my way to my Political Science class, “ARGH!” I ruffled my hair in frustration.

I almost forgot that we have the same section for Political Science, after that would be lunch time “See you at the school grounds, See you at the school grounds, See you at the school grounds” my heart was panicking because, I don’t really know how I‘d approach Baro after this class. But the idea of spending lunch time with him made my cheeks flush red and warm.

As always, time flew really fast and everyone in that class were already packing their things to leave for lunch, I glanced over at Baro who was all ready to leave the, the class, “I guess, he forgot about the supposed lunch” I mumbled to myself as I followed him with my eyes making his way to the door. “Oh well.” I just shrugged, “HOW I WISH, RIGHT?”

Much to my surprise, two steps from the door of my previous classroom, Baro was leaning his back on the wall, “What took you so long?” before I was able to say anything, he took my hand and pulled me. He was guiding me through the corridor.

“B~Baro~” I said almost shouting, I don’t really like the look that everyone is giving us right now. I’m not used to it.

“It’s ok, I asked you to spend the lunch time with me right?” he just said flatly, “don’t worry, it’s not like we’re having lunch.. like a date.. psh..  my friends will be there, I know you’re familiar with them.” He turned his head to give me a smile.

For a while I was happy that someone actually want to make friends with.. a loser like me.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N:

(c) B1A4baby.com for the photo