First encounter

I never knew I needed you..

It’s already 2am in the morning. “I can’t sleep!!” I blurted as I cover my mouth from making any noise that may cause my roommates to wake up. Yeah, I don’t live in a house with a perfect family and stuff, but I’m happy with my life. I just go with destiny. It’s my last year, I have survived three years living and studying in our university like a ghost, and… I’m hoping to graduate in peace. My University life is like a routine, dorm—university/library *for studying purposes, sometimes sleeping—part time –dorm – read or watch TV– sleep, and… you already know what’s next, so yeah. You may think that I have the most boring University life, who cares this is my life and I’m enjoying every bit of it, YES I DO!! Not until I bumped into this guy…

 

*flashback*

“I can’t believe this!!! I’m gonna be late for my class” YES! I’m a goody good type of student. Don’t ask. I woke up late because I stayed up to finish my project, AND THIS IS THE FIRST TIME THAT I’M GOING TO BE LATE FOR CLASS! I was never late. Never. Why? Because I hate being stared at by people when you enter the class, and professor has already started with the lesson. “!” I shouted as I ran to the streets. “I can’t believe I almost forgot my project.” So.. I ran back to the dorm and to the streets again.

I ran as fast as I can.. I have no history in track and field. In fact, I hate sports. I ran as I take a look at my watch…

*THUMP*

“Ouch” and there was me all of a sudden sitting in front of the gates of the University scratching the part of my head that I just bumped, oh yeah I bumped into somehow,

and Holy Molly mother of Jolly.. what is wrong with his hair? It’s like all colors were splashed on his blondish-with pink/blue/purple tones. Yeah, instead of helping myself to stand up, I took the time to scan all the colors on his hair.

Anyway, The guy didn’t even care to look at me or even help up, he was like a statue just standing there  “oh wow he has yummy broad shoulders” of course I only said that in my mind and when he turned his head to me, who’s already trying to dust off my skirt, I said “I’m sorry, I was in a hurry. I didn’t see you were there. Sorry.” Then I grinned, no not grin, I faked a smile, he was glaring at me..

 

YIKES!

 

Then I started to walk, almost running, again.. but, the guy got hold of my backpack and said, “YAH! ” oopsy daisies!

I tried to pull my bag from his hold without looking at him, ignoring him.. I’m invincible. Ok? “please, let go of my bag. Please, let go of my bag.” I said in my mind, while still trying to walk away from him while he’s holding my bag.“N-nae?” I asked as I stopped forcing to get away from him.  

 

“LOOK AT WHAT YOU DID TO MY UNIFORM!” he shouted.

I was puzzled, he sounds angry “N-nae?” I said again without looking. I don’t want to cause any trouble, so I don’t want him to see or remember what I look like.

“LOOK AT ME WHEN I’M TALKING TO YOU!” he shouted again

“I’m sorry, I need to leave first, I’m already late for my class.” I just want to run away from him, he’s scaring me. What am I gonna do, he seems really angry. OTTOKKE. I swear I’m panicking right now.

“WHAT ARE YOU SAYING!? YOU’RE GONNA LEAVE ME LOOKING LIKE THIS. LOOK AT WHAT YOU JUST DID!!!” he shouted again, then he placed his hand on my head and forced me to turn and face him..

I was panicking so I closed my eyes… I was waiting for him to punch me. “come on punch me, punch me on the face then let me go”  a short moment of silence and I didn’t feel any punch landing on my face. I opened my eyes slowly.. and...

TADA! Mother of all beautiful things in the world!!! If he is a bird, I compared him to a bird because of the colors on his hair, he will be the handsomest of them all.

“YAH! YAH!” I didn’t notice that he was already shouting at me because I was too busy admiring him. Apparently, he was drinking some soda when I bumped into him, which caused the soda to spill on his uniform, did I mention, boys in our university wear white polo?

 

“wow..what a beautiful sight

 

he brushed his hair in frustration

 

how can someone be so handsome by just brushing his hair with his fingers.. aaaahh”,

 

then I snapped back when he left and walked to the University because of frustration.

I tried to follow him, but.. I didn’t I just want to take one good look on his face, but I figured I’ll just piss him off if I do. I started walking to my building while slapping my right cheek “STUPID.STUPID.” AAAH! I must be crazy.

 

 

+++

Yeah, since I’m already late I just skipped my class and went straight to the library. I often go to the library when I’m free and I spend most of my time in school here. If not, I just go to my part time job, at the café near the University where I’m studying. The thing that happened earlier that day is still bothering me.

Our university is not that big, it’s a popular one but only few get accepted. Yeah, yeah! I was lucky to be one of the lucky people to get here. Don’t judge it’s a long story, I’ll tell you next time.. “How come, I’ve never seen him here?” I look crazy talking to myself “is he a transferee, he doesn’t even look like a freshmen, and if he was, HOW DARE HE SHOUT AT HIS SENIOR!” AISH!

“ssshh” hissed the students who were in the library in unison. Eep!

I was carried away.. “if I see him again, I swear I’m gonna pull his colorful hair off..” I said as I gritted my teeth.

 

 

 

+++

After an hour of staying in the library I received a message from my next class professor that today’s class is free cut, woohoo! Good thing professors can send messages like this to students. I won’t have to go to my last subject. “But I don’t have anything to do..”  maybe I should log in early for my part time job.. not so bad, plus I’ll get extra pay.

 

“You’re early today, good ‘cause I need extra help, as you can see there are lots of customers today.” When I got to the coffee shop, I was greeted by the owner, actually the owner recently graduated from the University, he started his business right after he graduated.

“Shinwoo-ssi, Annyeong! ~~Nae!” I said shyly, I ran to the locker room to change my clothes.

 

This coffee shop is different from what you’re thinking, nahh.. we only wear casual shirt and pants here.I don’t really need extra income, I receive monthly allowance from scholarship, I just want to earn extra money for myself.  Actually, not only because I love earning money that I took this part time job but also because I have a big crush on Shinwoo-ssi.

 

Sssshhhh! Keep this as a secret ok? How I wish I could call him Oppa…

 

*snap *snap

 

I’m day dreaming again.. back to work. “ji-un, please accommodate our new customers outside.”

Everyone’s kinda occupied in the café, busy day indeed.

“May I take your order, Sir?” I asked as I poise myself to write on my small notebook.

“I’ll call you when I need you.” Replied the guy, Whoah! a little harsh there, as if he’s my boss.

I shrugged as I walked back to the coffee shop. But before I was able to enter the shop, “I’m ready to order.” Said the guy with a big ego aura circling his body, so I walked back to him and waited for him to say his order “on second thought, maybe later, I’ll just wait for my friend” and I was standing in front of him with a WTF-facial-expression. YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN. I don’t know him but I figure he’s kinda A-N-N-O-Y-I-N-G.

 

stressed with the annoying guy, I walked back in and asked Shinwoo-ssi to ask somebody else to take guy’s orders. “Why, did he do anything wrong?”

“no, yeah, no.. uuuhh—I need to poop. Yeah.. ” then I acted like I really need to go to the toilette.

I immediately locked the washroom door and.. “ASDGGKHLKHADG I HAVE A FEELING HE’S THAT GUY THAT I SAW THIS MORNING” of course I’m not shouting, my coworker might here me. Imagine me shouting in my head – mouth open – no sounds – infront of a mirror- hands on my face like “Scream”.

 

It’s normal that students from my university visit this café, but of all people… “Why did I see him now, uuhhhh… why not tomorrow or the next day. Was he able to recognize me? I hope not ASFGHFHGKHJS” maybe he did not recognize me, ‘cause if he did recognize he could’ve confronted or worse shouted at me again.

I was kinda, a little, sorta, happy to see him again.. nah.. he might have thought I was a sick kiddo, because I was just staring at him while he was glaring and shouting at me with anger this morning. Anyway, I’ll just go to my dorm.. since I don’t want to stay here and be recognized by that guy..

 

“Shinwoo-ssi, aahh- uuhh—can I log out early, I think I really need to get going now.”

“Does your stomach hurt really bad? Ok. I’ll see you tomorrow then. Get well”

“Nae~~” I replied sheepishly shrugging my shoulder and tucking some hair on my ear.

 

As I pulled the café door and made my way out, I’m like a thief tiptoeing and covering my face as I pass by the guy that I bumped into this morning

“YAH!” I slightly looked over to his direction, “YAH! I need more sugar, you’re a waitress here, right? ”

I looked around me to make sure he was really talking to me, I was the only one there “EEH?” I stupidly pointed my finger to myself

“Yeah, stupid. Who else?”

 

I run back to the shop to get him some sugar, and then go to my dorm, then my life is normal again. Or so I thought…. As I was trying to hand him his extra sugar with my left hand, and covering my face with my right hand

 

 “I was looking for you all day in the campus to give you my shirt so you could wash it, never thought I’d find you here.” The guy said,

 “Uhh-aaah--- you must’ve mistaken me with someone else. Here’s your sugar. K. bye.” Guess what?? I was not able to run…again. Why? ‘cause he grabbed my left arm which I used to hand him his sugar. Me? I was stunned, stoned, whatever. He’s holding my hand.!! I know, I don’t know him, I should panic, shout, run, ask for help!! but what would you do if a handsome guy suddenly holds your hand, huh? *emergency* heart attack*

Then I felt something, like plastic on my hand.. just as I thought. It’s a plastic with a white thingy in it. “What’s this?” I asked in confusion.

“What else? That’s my shirt that you ruined this morning.”

“uuhh.. I’m not a laundry-lady, I’m a waitress. Bye.” Eek! He’s still holding my arm.

“It’s the least you can do to pay for what you did. Plus, you stared at me like crazy this morning.” I took a deep breath because he did notice that I was blankly staring at his face this morning.

“uuhh-kay” I took his shirt then run to my dorm hastily.

 

“Stupid.stupid” I shouted to myself as I entered my dorm room and slumped myself on the floor leaning against the door. What have I gotten myself info? It’s just the second time that I met him, but *dugun *dugun *dugun why is my heart reacting like this. “ARGH!” I protested to myself. I just need to wash his uniform and give it back to him, then my life will be normal again, right? Right?

*end of flashback*

 

Here it goes again.. *dugun*dugun*dugun “aaah!!” I shouted again, still with my pillow covering my head. I don’t even know where to find him so that I can give his shirt back. “oh well.” I WILL NEVER BE LATE AGAIN. SWEAR.