Chapter 8

The Songstress...

Kyuhyun’s POV

It is one boring day in school when my eyes suddenly brighten up when I saw Ryeowook under the tree again. I sneaked behind him and… “Boo!”

“Ah!!” He shouted in shock. He saw that it was me and he stood up to chase me around. He caught up with me when I ran into the deserted music room and hit me in the chest. “Yah!!!” I shouted, trying to stop him. I grabbed his hand and pulled him close to me. Our faces were just millimeters away and my heart is pumping fast, like how I am when I’m with Lixu.

He quickly move apart from me and we turned away awkwardly.

“This music room is deserted. No one comes here.” He said

“Because it’s out of the way. Only someone escaping would run in here.”

There was silence as we explored the room. I thought for awhile and broke the silence “Are you okay now?”

“Yes.” He replied, “Th..thank you for consoling me that day.”

It was a little awkward that he is friendly to me. I nodded and said “That was my way of bullying you too, consoling you and bully you another day.” He rolled his eyes and left the room.

I watched his back as he left...


It’s finally night and my favorite time has come. Lixu is up on stage. She is gorgeous!

Her eyes were unemotional but her voice is full of emotions. She shook her hips to the music and all the men cheer like wolves. She started singing and her sweet voice made everyone kept quiet. When she finish singing, she bowed and gave her famous proud smirk. She went back to the backstage.

I wonder if she is feeling happier. I think I should not bother her. I stood up and left the lounge. I went to the carpark to collect my car but to my surprise, she was standing beside my car. I smiled and ran to her.

“Lixu-ssi! Why are you here?”

“To thank you for comforting me that day.” I pat her face gently and she looked at me in the eyes without a hint of emotion. I wonder what is she feeling now?

She stepped closer to me and I was surprised. She wrapped her arms around my waist and came to me to hug me. My body stiffened but managed to hug her back. I caressed her back slowly and I pulled her back a little to lean my face towards her, wanting to kiss her. As our lips almost touched, she turned away and separate from me.

“Bye, Kyuhyun-ssi.” She waved to me.

“You really know how to torture me, Lixu-ssi.” She chuckled and walked away from me. I grabbed her waist and pulled her back to steal a kiss on her lips. She looked surprised, “Saranghae” I said to her and she stepped my leg hard.

“Ouch!” I jumped in pain and she ran away.


Ryeowook’s POV

The next night, Kyuhyun came to see me sing without fail. I couldn’t help but look at him while I sing but he did not look at me at all. This is strange. I went to him after my performance. I looked at him when I sat beside him and he did not look at me. Is he playing hard to get now?

“Kyu ah~~” I acted aegyo and he quickly turned to look at me in disbelief.

“Lixu-ssi, did you just act aegyo?”

“You ignored me.” I said plainly. “Then I should ignore you more.” He answered playfully.

I stood up and wanted to leave but he held my hands. “Don’t go so soon. I was testing if you will be affected.”

“Let go.” I demanded coldly and he released my hand. “Lixu ah, sorry. I won’t ignore you again.”

“Lixu ah? Are we that close already?”

“No? We kissed and touched and you even acted aegyo to get my attention.” I blushed when he said that.

“Then will you let me bully you?” I asked him. He nodded.

“Go clear the cups.” I pointed at the tables and obediently, stood up to go collect the cups. I laughed and returned to back stage. I changed my performance dress into another casual dress and went out to look for Kyu again. He was still clearing the cups and he saw me in my casual clothes.

“You are beautiful.” He said to me and I blinked at him. I sat at the bar counter as I watch him clear the cups. As a rich brat, he had no experience in this. He was clumsy and slow. But I enjoyed watching him so silly. When everything is finally done, he turned to smile at me victoriously. I nodded and stood up. He came to me and said “Aren’t I obedient?”

“Yes, like my servant.”

“Yah! I’m Cho Kyuhyun! How can I be a servant?”

“Yah? Are you using banmal on me now?”

“Can’t I?” He acted aegyo at me and I giggled at his behavior. “My ice queen is melting?” he asked and it took me awhile to know what he meant. I stopped laughing and looked away. He laughed at me and pulled me out of the lounge to his car. I followed him willingly.

When we got into the car, he cupped my face and pulled me to him and he kissed me hungrily. I froze while he did all the work of kissing. My heart is beating so fast that I think I will faint. Finally, he released me and I turned away to catch my breath.

“My ice queen, can I use banmal?” He asked slyly and I nodded quickly for fear that he wants to kiss me again. He started the car and drove on.

“Where are we going?” I asked nervously.

“To the hotel to make you mine.”

“WHAT!” I shouted but he laughed hard.

“Do you think I’m that erted? Of course I’m sending you home. Where do you stay?”

“Erm…”

“You don’t know where you stay? Or do you not want to let me know where you stay?”

“The latter.” I replied. He sighed and said “Okay, then tell me a place that you can go home conveniently.”

“The nearby train station will do.” He nodded.

He shifted his hand from the steering wheel to hold mine. “I am willing to be your servant. Bully me for all you want, Lixu ah.”

I turned to look at him. “Saranghae.” He said to me.

We reached the station and I left the car blushing. I turned to him and waved to him to leave and he drove off. I went to the nearby washroom to change back into my male clothing. I’m Kim Ryeowook again.

But my heart, is still beating fast, no… it’s Lixu’s heart.

Ryeowook ah, is that your own heart too?


What do you think? Is it Wookie's heart too?