Chapter 34

The Songstress...

Ryeowook’s POV

We live like a married couple, treasuring each and every second with each other as if to compensate the time wasted. We would spend our days with hugs and kisses.

But this morning, Waking up in my giraffe pajama, Kyu was nowhere to be seen in the house. “Kyu?” I called. There was no response.

Where could he be?

Kyuhyun’s POV

My sweaty palms are unable to stop trembling. Would he be okay? I stood outside the departure hall waiting eagerly.

Just then, I see a familiar figure on a wheelchair being pushed out of the exit.

“Haraboji!” I called to the feeble man with a crooked mouth.

“Kkkyyu…u” My grandfather tried to call me with difficulty. I squat beside him to get to his level and said with teary eyes, “I know, haraboji. You miss me. It’s my fault that you were rejected by the hospital, you need better healthcare.” I lowered my head to his lap to cry bitterly.

Haraboji shift his shaky hands to my head to it weakly. “Iii..tt…ss …har…d…on…you.” He said to me.

“Haraboji, let’s go home. To my home…” I said to him smiling as warmly as possible.

Ryeowook’s POV

Kyu would never leave me for more than an hour. Where did he go? I tried calling his cellphone but he did not answer.

*Ding dong*

Kyu must be back! I ran to the door and flung it open with a pouting face  “Kyu Kyu!” I called with aegyo.

I saw Kyu’s shocked face and eyes opened wide. “Uh…Wookie ah, Haraboji is here.”

Totally caught off guard! I bowed 90 degrees immediately to the old man on the wheelchair.

“Ha..Haraboji! Annyeohaseyo!” I greeted. But there was no response. I lifted my head to see that Haraboji was trying his best to reply but his crooked mouth made it so difficult to make a sound. Tears well up in my eyes and I hugged Haraboji immediately.

“Haraboji, thank you for being alive. It’s my fault that you are in this state.”

He shook his head weakly as if telling me not to blame myself. Kyu put his hands on my shoulders and gave me a light squeeze. I looked at him and smiled.

After settling Haraboji in the room, I pulled Kyu into our room and hugged him. “You went to pick haraboji this morning?” I asked.

“Yeah. I got a call from the butler that haraboji was rejected by the hospital because Seohyun’s father refused to continue treatment for him.”

“That’s terrible! Would haraboji be fine without treatment?”

“He is recovering very well but just that his movements are not like before. The physiotherapy in the hospital would of course, be the best treatment. But since things turned out like that, I think that we have to take care of him ourselves. I’m sorry that I’m giving you more burden.” Kyu said apologetically.

“How could you say that Kyu? We are family now, aren’t we? Your haraboji is my haraboji too. The 2 of you are my only family now.”

“Thank you, Wookie.” He kissed my forehead.


 

So, my new life with Kyu and Haraboji started. Seohyun and Siwon must have black named Kyu in all the companies. Kyu has been busy job hunting but to no avail. As for me, I take care of haraboji at home.

I sense that haraboji is awkward with me. He rejects my offer to bathe him. He would stubbornly wait for Kyu to be back to bathe him.

“Haraboji, your clothes are soiled. Let me change for you.” I said softly to grandpa after his food dripped out of his half-numbed mouth. I put my hands to his shirt but he shove my hands away.

“Haraboji, you can’t wait for Kyu to be back. It will be too long later, you will be uncomfortable.”

“I…dddonn’t want…tooo”

“I’m sorry, haraboji.” I insisted and ed his shirt to expose his wrinkled thin frame. Using a warm wet cloth to wipe his body softly, I quickly dressed him up in clean shirt.

“See? You are clean now haraboji.” I gave him a wide and cheerful smile.

“Shhhooorrryyy.” Haraboji force this word out of his mouth.

“Haraboji, you are sorry? It’s nothing. You are my grandfather, it’s my duty.”

I saw that his eyes are watery and a tear escaped from his eyes.

Now I know, he must be feeling guilty that he was the cause of all that happened. He did not want me to bathe or clean him because he felt guilty. I hugged haraboji by the neck and said “You are not a burden. You are my family.”

Haraboji broke down into tears and sobbed silently.


So... new update here. What do you think?

Please support my upcoming fic "That ahjussi"!

Thank you for reading! Love you all!