Chapter 23

The Songstress...

Kyuhyun’s POV

The air of Korea, the air I miss so much. I am finally back in my hometown. My heart is beating so fast. I am so urgent, feeling so urgent to meet him. Even if it’s just the back of his head.

“Oppa! Where are you going?” Seohyun shouted as I ran out of the airport as soon as we came out of the arrival hall. I flagged a taxi and told the driver Wookie’s address. In the taxi, I tapped my fingers with anxiety.

As soon as I reach Wookie’s house, I ran up the familiar stairs and reached his doorstep. My hands stopped when I was about to knock on his door. After what I told him, why should I appear in front of him again? Clenching my fist, I looked down at the floor. Just then, the main door opened. Expecting to see Wookie but it turned out to be… Yesung.

“K..Kyuhyun!”  Yesung called but his expression changed to a fierce one and gave me a punch in the face. I fell to the ground.

“Where have you been? Don’t you know Wookie almost went crazy looking for you?” I did not have the face to look at him. “Is he fine now?” I asked softly.

“Fine? He’s gone missing! After his Omma died in a car accident.”

“WHAT!” I shouted.

“His Omma died not long after you broke up with him.”

So…So that was when he called me! And… I said those words to him! I should have just died rather than bring him misery!

“Missing. How?”

“Nobody knows. He did not return after he scattered his Omma’s ashes. The police suspected that he commited suicide but I am sure that he would not do it. Never!” Yesung said. I nodded too.

“Wookie will never leave me! I won’t accept that!”


 

Ryeowook’s POV

It’s Omma’s birthday today. I must find a way to get to the seashore where I scattered Omma’s ashes. I have to show omma that I am fine. I want to talk to her!

I sneaked out of my room and peeked the area in the club. No one was there. I looked at the exit, if I were to dash over and no one saw me, I will be able to get out. I took a deep breath and ran for it. I reached the door and tried to open it but it was locked. Immediately, a siren sounded.

Oh no…

“Who the heck is trying to escape?” I heard Shindong’s voice. When he saw me, he grabbed me at the collar and lifted me to my toes.

“Trying to escape?”

“Please, let me go to my Omma. I will return! Just for today, no, just for 3 hours!” I begged.

“Let him go.”

Instinctively, Shindong released his hands at the moment he heard that voice. It’s Siwon…

I regained my balance and looked at Siwon. I ran to him and grabbed him at the arm. “Please. It’s my Omma’s birthday when she was alive. Let me pray to her. Can i?”

Siwon looked into my eyes and soon, he held my hands and pulled me out of the club. He dragged ne to a posh white car and pressed the button on his keys that the car unlocked. He opened the door and pushed me into to the car while protecting my head with his left hand when I went in, in case I hit the car frame. He closed the car door and went over to the driver’s seat. He start the engine and turned to me.

“Pull your seat belts.” He said and I quickly followed his order.

“Are you bringing me to omma?” I asked softly as we set off. He did not answer me so I look out of the window. It’s been so long since I last look at the outside world. It seems that nothing changed. The world still spins as per normal.

I recognize the way we are heading. It is towards the sea. I smiled and turned to Siwon, “Thank you.” I said.

As soon as he stopped the car, I opened the door and ran to the edge of the sea.

“OMMA!!! Wookie is here! I miss you so much! How are you?” I kneeled on the ground and cried.

Siwon got out of the car and slowly, he stood beside me. “Ahjumma, SIwonnie is here too. Rest in peace.”

I lifted my head to look at him. Siwon squat down to my level and embraced me in his arms. “Ahjumma is a great woman. She will be fine.” Tears trickling down my cheeks were absorbed by the fabric of Siwon’s shirt. I continued to cry in his arms.

Kyuhyun’s POV

It is Ahjumma’s birthday today. If Wookie is still around, he would visit the site where he scattered her ashes. So I ditched Seohyun and went to the beach Yesung told me he was last seen. With my eyes scanning rapidly for the one I love, I walked down the shore. The sun is about to set and the beach is golden in colour because of the rays. But this beautiful scenery cannot interest me now.

“Kim Ryeowook!” I shouted. But there was no response. Ahjumma, please let me find Wookie. You know how much I love him. Please…

I continue to look around when suddenly, I saw a familiar small figure walking towards a white car. That figure is too beautiful to be mistaken for someone else. Beside him, is a very tall and well-build man. Who is he?

The man opened the car door and guided Wookie in. He walked to the driver’s seat and went into the car. Not long after, the car started and it moved.

I panicked and chased after the car. “Ryeowook! Kim Ryeowook!!!” I shouted as I chased. Panting and panting, the car did not show signs of stopping but I cannot let Wookie go! If not, I don’t know when I can see him again. “Wookie!” I tripped on a stone on the road and tumbled.

Ryeowook’s POV

“Wookie!” I heard someone calling me. I turned my head immediately but saw no one. Was I dreaming? Omma?

My eyes start to get watery again. I sniffed my nose and tears flowed down my eyes again. Siwon pulled a tissue and passed to me. I took it and wiped my tears.

“Sleep.” He said. Obediently, I closed my eyes and fell into dream land.

I felt someone lifting me up. I opened my eyes a little and Siwon was carrying me into the club. Shindong saw us and said “Sir, let me.” He wanted to carry me instead but Siwon said “Touch him and I will kill you.” Shindong immediately backed away.

SIwon carried me to my room and laid me down on my bed, tugging me under the blanket. He caressed my cheeks and swiped the strands of hair covering my eyes. I opened my eyes to tell him that I am awake. He looked surprised and I smiled at him. “Thank you.” I said sweetly.

He nodded and stood up from my bed. “Good night.” I said once again.

Not sure if he heard it, he walked out of my room and closed the door. Thanks to Siwon, I was able to visit Omma on her birthday. I smiled at the thoughts and went back to sleep.


 

Kyuhyun’s POV

“Oppa! What happened? You are hurt!” Seohyun ran to me as soon as I entered my mansion, shagged. I was bleeding at my knees and my legs gave way once my butler was by my side. He grabbed me in his arms to support me. “Sir, are you okay?” I closed my eyes and nodded.

“Oppa! Oppa!” Seohyun kept calling me. My butler got irritated by her and said “Miss Seohyun, can you be quiet for a moment?” She kept quiet immediately. He carried me on his back and brought me back into my room.

It’s been 6 months since I returned to this room, the room Wookie and I used to spend our nights together. My butler took out the first aid kit and sat on my bed to look at my wound.

“You saw Young master Ryeowook?”

I nodded and said “He was with another man.” He kept quiet and continued checking my leg.

“How was he like when I left him?” I finally got the courage to ask.

“He… lost control. I have never seen him so helpless. He begged me to tell about your whereabouts, everyday. He really loved you so much. I finally told him but after that, his mother died and he went missing.” My butler stopped when he saw me crying uncontrollably.

“It’s my fault for all this. If it weren’t for me, haraboji would not have fallen sick. Wookie wouldn’t have known me and we wouldn’t be together. I am a jinx! Anyone who knows me would get into trouble!” I hit my chest as hard as I can. “Sir!” My butler grabbed my hand tightly to stop me.

“Ahjussi! Kill me! It’s all my fault!” He hugged me tightly to his chest like a father and pat me at the back. “Everything will pass. Ryeowook ssi will be fine…” I cried as l oudly as I can.

Yes… Everything will pass but that will be the end of Ryeowook and I…


I am squeezing myself to write chapter 25 now.

Suggestions? I need inspiration please!