Chapter 20

The Songstress...

Ryeowook’s POV

I have been trying to reach Kyu but his phone was never on. I am worried sick! I don’t know where my love has gone and he did not even try to contact me. What is wrong?

Subconsciously, I arrived at the front gate of Kyu’s mansion. Would he be back? I pressed the door bell and a voice came from the telcom. “Young master, you are here again.”

“Is Kyu back?”

“No.”

“You really don’t know where he went?” I persisted.

“Erm… I do not know.” The butler replied.

“Ahjussi, please tell me. I know you know something!” I pleaded into the machine.

I heard a sigh and he spoke “Young master, Master Kyu returned to his Haraboji’s side. His Haraboji fell ill and he had to fly to America.”

“Really? Then why did he not tell me?”

“It’s possible that he’s not coming back if things are really bad there.” My legs turned wobbly and I stepped back a little. He’s not coming back?

“Ahjussi! Which part of America is he at? Let me see him…”

“Young master, please don’t torture yourself.”

“Please!” But there was no reply. I continued pressing the bell repeatedly for the next few minutes but there was still no response. I lowered my head and left the place.

For the next few weeks, I was obsessed with going to America. I pestered Kyu’s butler everyday by waiting for him outside the house. I need to know where Kyu is! But he was firm, not to tell me anything.

I am desperately trying to see my love but why is he not calling me at all?

Kyuhyun’s POV

“Haraboji, it’s me. Can you hear me?” I held the wrinkled hand in mine and warmed it by rubbing my palms. Haraboji did not move and the beeping sound from the life support machine was louder than his breathing.

I can’t help but feel guilty. If only I agreed to return to his side to take care of him, haraboji would not be in this state.

Haraboji had a heart attack on the day of Wookie’s performance. I got a call from his body guard that haraboji is in the hospital when I was collecting the ring for Wookie at the jewelers’. I could not think of anything else, I know that wookie will understand me. So I left for America.

But little did I expect Haraboji’s condition to be so bad. I had to take over his company as the acting CEO. Being inexperienced, I had a lot to learn. I did not have a single moment of my own to call wookie. I am dying to see wookie!

Due to the time difference, when’s it’s in the morning here, Wookie must be sleeping. But I want to listen to his voice so badly. I dialed his number and listened to the caller. The caller rang…

For a long while, it rang. Finally, he picked up.

“Yeoboseyo?” it’s my love’s voice in a sleepy tone.

I did not speak…

“Yeoboseyo?... Kyu?”

I released a cry and he heard it. “Kyu ah! Where are you? I miss you! I want to see you!” He quickly said.

“Wookie ah… I can’t.”

“Why? Is your haraboji in a bad condition?”

“How did you know?”

“I love you!” I froze when I heard that, it’s been so long since I heard that.

“Kyu ah, I won the competition.”

“I know…”

“Can I go to america to find you?” He asked

“No. Until the day haraboji wakes up, I cannot return. So wookie ah… Don’t wait for me. I’m sorry that you gave your heart to the wrong person…” I could hear Wookie sniffing his nose. He must be crying now. I want so much to hug him and comfort him.

“K..kyu ah… I don’t want.”

“I’m sorry…” I quickly cut off the line. My heart is aching, my eyes are blurred with tears. I bit my lips to prevent myself from crying too loudly. I look at haraboji and then rest my forehead on bedrest to continue crying…

I recall the times Wookie and I are together, how we played together and how we touched each other. Will that ever happen again?