Chapter 5

The Songstress...

Ryeowook’s POV

Omma is forbidden by me to work and I signed up a few courses for her to keep her busy enough.

Kyuhyun bullied me less since that day. The most he does is to make me drop my things. But I will not forgive him for what he did to me before. Lixu shall take revenge for me.


The name of Lixu has spread so much that the lounge is full house every night. But I reserved a seat for Kyuhyun so that I could bully him.

After my performance I bowed to the audience and walked to him. He stood up to pull the chair beside him for me to sit. I sat down and look at him.

“Your performance was great, Lixu-ssi.” I ruffled my hair to seduce his a little and he looked at me intently.

I saw a waiter carrying a tray of food. I pretended not to see it and stood up when the waiter is near me. He tripped and dropped the tray on our table. Food splattered on Kyuhyun’s clothes.

“Aish!” He yelled and the waiter bowed repeatedly, apologizing. Kyuhyun took the cloth the waiter provided to wipe his clothes. As he wiped, he saw me giggling. “Why are you laughing? You did that on purpose?” I gave him my puppy eyes and shook my head.

“You are always up to something when you are so cute like that.” He said frowning. Then, he saw that my dress is stained at my tummy area too. He quickly took a napkin at the side, wet it with the cup of water on the table.

“Come here.” He pulled me at the arm closer to him. He used the napkin to wipe the stain for me, I looked at his face as he was cleaning for me. He was so serious, meticulous and gentle. “I know that you did that on purpose.” He suddenly said and turned to me. We were so near to each other and I feel that my cheeks are getting hot. Unknowingly, I blinked repeatedly.

He laughed and said “Why do you hate me?”

“I…I…”

“Lixu-ssi, you are one mysterious girl.” I blushed and looked at the floor. He pat my face gently, “I will fight back next time if you bully me again.”

He winked at me and left.


I got home by midnight everynight and Omma will be waiting for me with the hot soup ready.

“Omma, you didn’t have to do this. You should sleep.”

“You are my son, working hard to earn money. How can I sleep like that?”

I changed into my pajamas and sat at the dining table for the soup. Omma watched me drink and said “The boy at the hospital…” I paused and looked at her.

“Is he your boyfriend? I saw you two hugging.” She meant Kyuhyun?

“No! Of course not. He is my enemy!”

“Then why were you hugging him?”

“I…I was worried about you and he just comforted me. That’s all.”

“Then you like Yesung?” Omma continued.

“Omma! Why are you so nosy today?”

She laughed and said “I like both of them. Either one is fine to be my son-in-law.”

“OMMA!” I shouted and she laughed and went to bed.


As usual, after singing, everyone cheered. Kyuhyun must be expecting me to walk to him like the past nights but no! It’s time to torture him.

I took a wine glass and went to another table to drink with a couple of men. Through the night, I lingered around but just did not talk to him. I could feel that he is anxious and can’t wait to talk to me. I ignore him.

Just then, Yesung arrived and pulled me to the corner of the lounge.

“Hyung… I mean, oppa. What’s wrong?”

“You are drinking too much. Go back in.”

“Oppa, please don’t dictate me.” I said sternly.

“You are really a completely different person when you are Lixu.” He pat my face gently. I felt bad talking to hyung like that.

“Are you two-timing?” Kyuhyun asked from behind.

“What do you mean?” I asked him.

“This guy is dating a guy in my school and he is courting you too.” I looked at hyung who smiled helplessly. “Oppa, let me deal with him.” Hyung nodded and left us.

Kyuhyun held me at my upper arms and said “Why did you ignore me today? Do you know how much I want to talk to you?”

I broke my hands free from his and said “You are not the only man in this world. I have so many customers to entertain. You are just one of them.”

“What?” Kyuhyun asked.

“I said, you are nothing. So stop harassing me!” I pushed him away but he pulled me back to press me against the wall. “I’ll shout if you do anything to me.” I threatened him but he crashed his lips against mine.

I hit him at the back as I struggle but he is too strong. He is tasting my lips profusely and my mouth accidentally left a gap which he seized the opportunity to slide his tongue into my mouth. My eyes opened wide when he start to explore my mouth. My heart is pumping so fast and he hugged my waist so tightly. Slowly, I stopped struggling and let my hands down. I did not respond to his kiss but I still closed my eyes to experience it.

He was kissing me slowly now like he is truly enjoying it. He retracted his tongue and used his lips to mine softly, he continued giving a wet kiss.

Finally, he broke the kiss to catch some air and I slowly opened my eyes. He was smiling at me, “Lixu-ssi, I said I will fight back if you bully me again. I love you. Don’t lie that you don’t.” I was shocked, love him? Impossible!

And… and he took my first kiss!!!

I wanted to push him away but he stood still like a statue. “Why do you hate me so much?” He asked me. Well, because you bully me since the day we know each other! I thought to myself.

I looked away not wanting to answer him.

“Why do you keep bullying me? From making me buy , make my clothes dirty and now, treat me like air.” I did not look at him again. He saw through my plan already.

“I don’t know your reason but I have fallen for you already. You have to take responsibility for being so attractive.”

“What?” I exclaimed.

He gave me a peck on my lips. “I will make you admit that you love me too one day.” He gave me his evil smirk and left.