Chapter 4

The Songstress...

Ryeowook’s POV

I can’t help but smile like a fool during lectures. As soon as Kyuhyun came into the hall, I buried my face on the table to contain my laughter. He must be so embarrassed and humiliated yesterday. I can see that he is angry. He pushed anyone getting in his way. Jonghyun behind was trying to calm him down.

Kyuhyun sat on the chair and threw his bag on the table. He was breathing hard, this shows how angry he is. “Good morning, Eunhyuk!” I said to Hyuk who just arrived and smiled at me. Suddenly, a jacket was thrown at my head. I removed the jacket covering my head and I saw Kyuhyun looking at me fiercely.

“Didn’t I say not to speak in that voice!” He shouted at me. My voice must have reminded him of Lixu. I rolled my eyes at him and threw back his jacket at him.  He caught it and he got really angry. He must be using me as a punching bag now. He stormed towards me and I know that he will want to hit me now. I quickly got on my feet and ran to the other end of the room. “Come here!” He shouted “You need some real punishment today. I need a punching bag today!”

From the experience of him bullying me, I know that he is serious now. I ran out of the room but I know that he is chasing me from behind. I ran along the corridor and as long as people saw that it’s kyuhyun chasing me, they immediately understand the situation and would leave us alone.

I ran to the storeroom and hid behind the boxes of mineral water. “I know you are here. Come out!” I held my breath but suddenly, my phone in my pocket rang. ! I frantically took it out but it’s too late, Kyuhyun grabbed me at the collar to drag me to the wider space in the room and threw me on the floor. He kicked me in the stomach and I curled up in pain. My phone is still ringing and through the violence, I dropped it and it was accidentally put on loudspeaker mode.

“Is this Kim Ryeowook? This is calling from the Seoul hospital, your mother collapsed and is in the hospital now. Please come asap.” Kyuhyun stopped hitting me and I quickly grabbed my phone to speak to the caller.

“What happened?” I asked. “We are not sure yet, please come here soon.”

Omma… My hands were shaking with fear and I tried to get on my feet. I almost fell but Kyuhyun supported me. I gave him a death stare and pushed him away.

I ran out of the room to rush to the hospital.

Kyuhyun POV

His mother is in danger.

I left the room too after he ran out but I saw him frantically flagging for a taxi but none stopped. Something in me made my heart ache and I ran to my car.

“Get on!” I shouted to him. He turned to see me but he ignored me, still trying to get a cab. But still none after 5 minuted. He sighed and ran towards my car and got on. Without a word, I drove to the hospital. As soon as we reached, he got down the car without thanking and ran in full speed into the hospital.

He should be fine right? I looked at the entrance for a while more and left.

Ryeowook’s POV

“Omma!” I saw omma on the bed with the oxygen mask on.

“You are here.” It’s the doctor.

“Your mother must have worked too hard. She is anaemic and she is severely lack of nutrition. You must take care of her well.” I felt so guilty. I, as her son, did not take care of her. She even over-worked herself. I sat by her bedside and started to cry.

My shoulders are jerking so badly and I am grasping for air because I was crying so hard. Someone pat me at the back slowly. I turned and to my surprise, it’ Kyuhyun. He hugged me to his chest and I cried even more. It’s strange that I feel comforted in his presence, he is so warm and loving.

Not long after, Omma woke up and Kyuhyun released me from his embrace.

“Omma!” I went to her.

“Wookie ah..”

“Omma, it’s all my fault. I made you work so much.”

“No, don’t say that.”

“Omma, don’t work anymore. I have found a job and I will support you.”

“But…”

“No more buts.”

I turned around to look for Kyuhyun but he is not around.

Kyuhyun’s POV

Yah, Cho Kyuhyun! Why did you return and even hugged him? Aren’t you supposed to be bullying him?

It’s time to find my goddess. I went to the lounge to wait and I must ask her why did she trick me last night.

I waited and waited and the other customers were getting impatient too.

The emcee came out and said “So sorry, gentlemen. Lixu is unable to perform tonight as she had something really important to attend to.” Everyone jeered.

What’s wrong? Is she really sick? Oh no… why is everybody making me worry so much today?

Ryeowook’s POV

I’m glad that Omma could be discharged by night time and I supported her home. I had to take leave from the lounge. To my surprise, Yesung hyung was waiting for me at my house door. “Hyung!”

Hyung bowed at omma, “Omonim, Are you better?” Omma nodded and smiled.

“Omma, this is Yesung. The son of my current boss.”

Yesung helped me bring Omma in and I tugged her to sleep. Hyung waited for me outside my house and I met him after that.

“Hyung, thank you for helping.” He pulled me into his arms and wrapped them around me.

“You must have been so scared.” Hyung always gave me a sense of security. I closed my eyes and nodded.

“Hyung. Thank you…” I said to him.

He separated from me a little to look at me. “Be sure to call me first whenever you are scared. I am always here for you.” I nodded again. He gave me one last hug and he pushed me back into the house. “It’s cold outside. I’m leaving, close the door tight.” He helped me close the door and left. I smiled after he left and went to bed.

The next morning in school, I was walking along the corridor thinking about Omma when I bumped into someone. Its Kyuhyun again! Oh no, he is going to hit me again.

But strangely, we just looked into each other’s eyes.

“How’s your mother?” I’m surprised that he asked.

“She’s okay now.” I said plainly and left.

Kyuhyun’s POV

This brat did not even thank me for fetching him! But who cares? I must see Lixu tonight!

I waited at the bar counter again. Finally, she appeared on stage. She is still so beautiful, even though I have not seen her for 1 day only, I realize I miss her terribly.

She was wearing a tight black sleeveless dress above knee length. She is so y and her voice melt me right away. I am not angry with her the moment I saw her. I just want to tell her that I miss her.

But strangely, she walked straight to me after singing. She sat next to me and looked at me straight in the eyes, with a smile that I never seen on her face. My heart is pumping so fast, she’s so close and warm to me today.

“Lixu-ssi, why did you trick me that night?” She giggled and used her finger to draw circles on the back of my hand seductively. “Well… Wanted to bully you back for revenge.”

“Revenge?”

“Nothing! Anyway, thank you!”

“Thank you?”

“Um…For wanting to buy medicine for me?” I laughed at her statement. Why is she so cute today? It reminds me of Kim Ryeowook. Wait! Why am I comparing him with my goddess? I must be crazy.

She stood up from the chair and leaned towards me to give me a peck on my cheek and left.

I touched the spot she kissed, my cheeks are so hot now. I smiled like an idiot…

Ryeowook’s POV

Cho Kyuhyun, that was my thank you gift for fetching me to the hospital. I will never thank you when I’m Kim Ryeowook.

But anyway, your bullying session shall resume tomorrow. I’ll let you enjoy tonight…


What do you think of this chapter?