Chapter 3

The Songstress...

Ryeowook’s POV

Omma has been working from the midnight and I have not seen her for days. I am worried if she can take it. I was on my way to school carrying my brown backpack when I saw a limousine at the gate.

“It’s Kyuhyun! He is so handsome!” I heard a few girls behind me saying and I shook my head walking past his car into the gate. I heard the car door open and closed. Suddenly, someone bumped me from behind and I fell on my knees.

“Oops! Why do you have to be in front of me?” It’s Kyuhyun that pushed me. I turned to look at him fiercely. “You did that on purpose!”

“So?”

I got on my feet and my knees were bleeding a little. He saw it and stepped closer to me but I stepped back. “Get lost!” I pushed him away and left.

Cho Kyuhyun! Wait till tonight! I will make you pay!

Kyuhyun’s POV

He is bleeding! Does he have a plaster? He is so fierce, how do he expect me to be nice to him? He started to limp on one leg into the school, I followed him behind but when I was about to help him, someone called him.

“Wookie!”

Ryeowook’s POV

I turned around to see Yesung calling me.

“Hyung!”

“You are hurt! Are you okay?”

“I’m fine, why are you here?”

“I’m studying here too. Majoring in Arts. Come, let me help you.” Yesung carried me up bridal style and I yelped a little. He brought me to the grass field under the tree. He looked at my wound and took out a bottle of water from his bag. He opened the cap and poured it over my wound. It was stinging and I closed my eyes tight. I heard him giggling and I started to blush. He siped my wound carefully and covered it with a plaster.

“There you go!” He smiled and pat my face gently.

“Thank you, hyung.” He looked at me intently and I felt shy. I looked at the ground. He leaned closer to me and I thought he was going to kiss me. I closed my eyes.

“You are my star singer, I will protect you.” He whispered in my ears. I open my eyes embarrassed. He laughed and kissed my forehead.

“Wookie ah. See you tonight!” He stood up and left. I blushed terribly and leaned against the tree.

Kyuhyun’s POV

So that weakling has a boyfriend? No wonder he doesn’t pay attention to me.

I am excited anticipating for tonight where I will meet my goddess again. I wonder what will she wear, what song will she sing, will she talk to me?

Ryeowook’s POV

I’m preparing in the dressing room of the lounge and I saw the plaster on my knee.

Cho Kyuhyun, how should I deal with you?

Today, I wore a wig without tying the hair up. I put my make up to as thick as possible so that Kyuhyun cannot recognize me. I wore the bra with paddings. Opening up the wardrobe, the rows of performance outfits are just so many. I picked a blue one with  the back covered with translucent satin. The length is longer so that it could cover the plaster on my knee.

Before leaving the room, I looked at myself in the mirror. Kim Ryeowook, no… Lixu. Your job is to torture Kyuhyun.

I took a deep breath and left the room. I walked along the corridor and saw Yesung hyung waiting for me.

“You are beautiful, as always.”

As I’m Lixu already, I can’t help but to be cold and arrogant. I gave him a light smile and nodded. I walked past him and went up the stage. I held the mic on the mic stand with both my hands and waited for the band to get ready. I scanned the area to look for my target. There he is, Cho Kyuhyun, sitting at the bar counter alone looking at me. He smiled at me when he saw that I was looking at him.

I looked away immediately to make him crave for more. The music started and I started to sing. I would look at Kyuhyun occasionally as I sang.

I bowed after I finished and numerous men approached me to ask me to join their table. I politely rejected all of them and walked towards Kyuhyun. He smiled so brightly when he saw me walking towards him.

I sat at the seat beside him.

“Buy me drinks.” I said to him. He nodded at gestured to the bar tender to come over.

Before he could say anything, I said “give me the most expensive wine!”

Kyuhyun laughed and said “Testing if I’m rich?” I turned away.

It’s time to act, I pretended to feel faint and as expected, he grabbed me into his arms. “Are you alright?”

“I…I… am feeling weak.” I said softly.

“Let me get you some medicine.” He stood up wanting to get medicine from the staff but I stopped him.

“I’m allergic to those normal medicine. Can you buy for me at the pharmacy in myungdong? Only there has the medicine I can eat. I gave him a medicine name.”

“My…myung dong? Okay, it should be a 30 minutes drive. Can you wait?” I nodded slowly with my head on the table.

“Okay, I’ll try to hurry.” He quickly left the lounge to get his car and he drove off.

I laughed hard after he left and all the other customers looked at me. It must be the first time they see Lixu laughing.

Kyuhyun’s POV

Lixu is sick! I must get the medicine quickly. I drove my way to myungdong, clenching the paper with the medicine name in my hands. The road seem never ending, is my goddess feeling terrible now? I must hurry!

I got to a pharmacy and ran into it. “Hurry! Give me this medicine! It’s a matter of life and death!” I shouted at the pharmacist.

She quickly took the paper and looked at it. She froze and stared at me wide eyes. A laughter escaped from as she turned to get the medicine.

“10000won please.” She’s still trying not to laugh. I find it weird and I passed her the money.

I took the box of medicine and turned around wanting to leave but my curiosity is killing me. I turned back to ask her “What’s wrong with this medicine? Isn’t this another kind of paracetemol?”

She stopped laughing and said to me “This…this is . You are so young, I did not expect you to need it. But since you say that it’s a matter of life and death, I guess you really need it. But beware of overdose.”

“!!!” I shouted.

Lixu tricked me! I start to fume and I drove back to the lounge.

“Where is Lixu!” I shouted as soon as I got into the lounge.

“She’s left. Why are you looking for her?” A man said and wait… it’s Kim Ryeowook’s boyfriend, Yesung.

“I must find her. Bring me to her now!”

“I don’t know where she lives. You can come again tomorrow.” Right, he is right. I will get even with her tomorrow.


Hehe... The high and mighty Kyuhyun tricked by Lixu!