Chapter 16

The Songstress...

Kyuhyun’s POV

It’s been a few days since I last met Wookie and he has stopped sending me apology messages. He did not follow me around in school and I did not see him often around me anymore. I am missing him so badly!

I took out my cellphone to press the speed dial number 1.

“Kyu ah!” Wookie picked up the phone

“Where are you?”

“I’m…”

“Appear in front of me this instant!”

“What?”

“I’m at the fountain. You have 300 seconds.” I hang up the phone. I smiled while looking at my phone light go off.

I waited for a while and I saw the familiar figure running towards me. I turned my back to him as I try to control the smile on my face. I turned back to him with a stern face as he stop in front of me panting hard.

“Kyu…ah… Why…did you… call me….here?” He asked as he was panting.

“Nothing. I just want to see you running here.”

“What!”

“Don’t I have the right?” I asked him back. He swallowed his anger and replied “Yes, you have.”

I gave him my evil smirk and looked at my watch, “You have one minute to kiss me and your time starts… NOW!”  

Wookie looked around the surrounding but there are people around us. He started to feel shy to kiss me here but since it’s my order, he has to obey. He gave a sigh and kissed my lips, my left cheek, right cheek, nose bridge.

“Is it one minute already?” He asked me and I looked at my watch, yes it is. But of course, I lied. “No, 30 seconds only.” I bend my knees a little to offer him my forehead which he kissed immediately, then my eye lids both left and right. Finally, he gave a final peck on my lips.

“Okay! 1 minute is up right?” I nodded regretfully. I should have said 5 minutes!

“Kyu ah, thank you for letting me kiss you again!”

“It’s definitely not because I did not see you for 3 days and 13 hours and 28 minutes that I miss you so I called you here okay?” I said quickly.

He laughed and replied “You may not miss me but I miss you a lot!”

“Then why did you not follow me around anymore? Why did you not message me anymore? And why… ” I realize that I am showing too much how much I miss him. I stopped my sentence as he looked at me smiling. “Kyu ah, just forgive me won’t you? I am sorry!” he pleaded.

“No! Not so soon.” Wookie looked at me slyly and said “You enjoy ordering me around huh?”

“Can’t I?” I asked frustrated. I am supposed to be angry at him but whenever I see him I just want to make him kiss me. How am I going to get revenge on him?

“Kyu ah, don’t love me.”

“What?” My heart literally stopped when he said that. How does he want me to stop loving him?

“Wait till the day I found my worth as Kim Ryeowook. Don’t love me.”

“What are you talki…” He gave me a peck on the lips to stop me from talking. He pat my face twice before running away from me.

Why is he telling me to not love him? Find his worth as Kim Ryeowook?

Ryeowook’s POV

Kyu ah, I am not worth your love. I can’t even define myself…

I want to do what hyung advised me, to find myself.

I am nobody when I am Ryeowook as people know my voice as Lixu. I believe, to rediscover myself, I should give my voice back its identity. This voice is ryeowook's and not Lixu.

There will be singing competition held by the university and I want to join. I want to show Kyu that the voice he fell for is Kim Ryeowook's!

Today is the audition and I am so nervous. Can I sing well when I'm Ryeowook? I got to the audition venue and there was a long queue. I walked to the end of the queue but along the way, I heard the irritating voice.

"Yah. cross dresser!" Hyorin is in the queue too.

"What are you doing here?" I asked

"For the audition of course!" I hate the thought that I have to interact with her again. "Your boyfriend has broken up with you right?" she asked.

"It's none of your business!"

How shameless can she be? I rolled my eyes and continued walking to the end of the queue.

It was a long wait for it to be my turn. I took a deep breath before entering. There were 3 judges in the panel.

"Good afternoon. I am Kim Ryeowook! I have prepared a performance especially for today. I hope you will listen well." I gave a deep bow.

I closed my eyes and got myself into the emotion. I started to sing. Kyu was in my mind throughout the performance. Kyu ah, I'm doing this for you. A drop of tear was hanging at the edge of my eyes when I finish singing.

The panel smiled and nodded their head. "Thank you Mr Kim. The results will be out tomorrow. " I gave them a bow and left the room.


 

I was on my way home, walking along the street to my house, worried if I would pass the audition. "Yah!" The voice of my lover sounded behind me.

I turned around to see him glaring at me. I threw my worries at the back of my head. I smiled and ran to hug him tight. He held his breath and slowly, his arms wrapped me.

"I heard you skipped lecture! It's been 2 hours and 46 minutes since we met. Where did you go?" he interrogated me. He pulled himself away from me to look at me fiercely.

"I..."

"You are two timing? What do you mean by telling me not to love you?"

"Kyu ah. I am lost. I don't know who am I after Lixu was discovered. I want to see what can Kim Ryeowook do without the help of Lixu. So... I went for an audition for the singing competition. "

He paused. Kyu's eyes became soft. “What do you mean by you don’t know what is your value?” he asked me. He took a deep breath and continued, "Don’t think that I have forgiven you but Wookie ah, your worth is here." Kyu pointed at his heart. My eyes start to turn wet. "Pabo, don't you know how important you are to me?"

"Kyu ah... "

He pulled me into his arms. "I love you! " I said loudly. He tightened his grip around me. I felt him kissing my hair and I lifted my head to look at him.

I pouted my lips to him and he got my message. He leaned towards me to press his lips against mine. His lips caressed mine as I enjoy the minty scent of his breath. We kissed for a long while until he broke the kiss to look at me slyly. “I have not forgiven you.”

I sighed and said “But your behavior shows that you have forgiven me already.”

“Says who? You are not forgiven yet!” he started to act like a child who is demanding to get a toy.

I giggled and said “Okay, okay.” I know that he has forgiven me already but he is having fun bullying me and making me kiss him whenever he wants without giving me the right to complain.

Suddenly, Kyu’s glance became a serious one. He grabbed me at the shoulder and looked at me in the eyes. “Ryeowook ah…”

“Hmm?” I gave him my puppy eyes with my sweetest smile.

“I may not have forgiven you but until the day we can’t remember our love, I won’t stop loving you. So don’t stop me from loving you.”

“Kyu ah…”

“My precious Wookie, you are worth more than anything in the world to me. So don’t belittle yourself.” He embraced me and I buried my face in his chest.

My love, you are so important to me too…


I am really in a bad mood today. My school work is not doing well and i really thought of not updating today.

But I think i need love from Kyuwook and my readers to have strength to carry on. So please, tell me you enjoyed this:-)