Chapter 10

The Songstress...

Ryeowook’s POV

Since our first date, I know that I cannot lie to Kyu any longer. He will find out as long as he touches me.

I am in school and I’m in the lecture theatre. Kyu came to sit beside me for the first time, “Why are you sitting with me?” I asked him. “I’m in a good mood today.” He replied.

“How was your date?”

“Fantastic! We kissed! I’m still so happy about it!”

“Kyu ah…”

“You call me Kyu?” Oops! That’s what Lixu call!

“Only Lixu calls me Kyu. But… I’ll make it an exception that you can call me Kyu too.” Throughout the lesson, I couldn’t concentrate,  he was my lover last night and now, he is my friend. I should tell him my identity soon…

Whenever I am alone, I would unknowingly write Kyuhyun’s name on my notepad over and over again until there’s no space left. Today is no different.

As I was writing, my phone rang. “Omma!” I picked up the phone, “You brought my lunch over? I’ll go get it now. See you!” I left the room in a hurry leaving my things in there.

Kyuhyun’s POV

It’s break time and I have come to the music room to see if Wookie can have lunch with me. I opened the door and entered. He is not around but his bag and things are there. To the toilet?

I looked at his stuff and saw his notepad with a lot of writings. I picked it up and read it, “Cho Kyuhyun, Cho Kyuhyun Cho Kyuhyun Cho Kyuhyun Cho Kyuhyun Cho Kyuhyun Cho Kyuhyun”

It’s all my name! Does..does Wookie like me? My heart is beating fast, what is this feeling?

Just then, the door opened and Wookie came in. “Kyu ah!” He saw me with the notepad and he ran to snatch it back from me.

“Wo..wookie ah. Why did you write my name so many times? Do you like me?”

“I…I…I was bored and I just wrote it down as I was scolding you in my mind.”

“Yah! Do you have to write so many times? I thought you like me!”

Ryeowook’s POV

I forced a smile and said “Like you? I must be crazy!”

“You better not be! Because I’m not done bullying you!” Kyu said as he laughed.

He was worried that I will like him. He really doesn’t feel a thing for Kim Ryeowook.


Today as Lixu, I sang my songs and entertained some of the men by drinking with them. I saw Kyu at the corner and I went to him. I couldn’t help but still hurt after he rejected me.

He looked upset too and forced a smile at me. “Kyu ah” I sat down beside him and held his hand.

“Lixu ah, I think Wookie likes me.” I am surprised that he would tell his girlfriend such things. “He denied but I know he does. He is my best friend, I don’t know what is going to happen to our friendship.” I sat closer to him to hug him. I cried with him, for myself…

Kim Ryeowook, you were rejected because the man you love loved you. Isn’t it ridiculous?

We held hands and he walked me home after the lounge closed. “Kyu ah, you treasure Ryeowook a lot right?”

“Of course.”

“Do you prefer me to disappear or him to disappear?” He stopped walking and looked at me. “What kind of silly question is this? Are you jealous?”

“No. I’m serious.”

“How am I going to answer? I love you very much and I don’t want to lose Wookie too.”

“So you are two-timing.” I pouted. “NO!” I chuckled and tiptoed to kiss him. “I know. I love you.”


Kyuhyun’s POV

I did not get to see Wookie after that day. I went to the music room to wait for him but he never appear. I start to feel the emptiness in my heart. I want to make fun of him, I want to bully him, I am missing him, I want to see his face so badly.

Ryeowook ah, where are you?

Ryeowook’s POV

For the next few days, I avoided Kyu whenever I can in school. It’s hurting that I cannot see the man I love when I am the real me.

Face it, Kim Ryeowook. He likes Lixu and not Ryeowook. When you are Ryeowook, stay away from him!

I sat at the far end of the lecture hall so that he could not see me. He is not here yet but suddenly, someone sat beside me. It’s Kyu!

“Good morning, Wookie!” My eyes opened wide and looked at him. My heart is pumping so fast beside him.  I tried to ignore him, when he look at me, I would pretend not to notice. He tried to talk to me but I ignored him too. When lesson ended, I got up and left.

I was at the walkway when some men came up to me. “Are you Kim Ryeowook?”

“Yes?” they started to pushed me and one of them kicked me in the stomach. I curled up in pain.

“Stop!” Kyu shouted and ran to me.

“Kim Ryeowook! You owe us 7 million won, when are you going to pay us?”

“Give me time!” I said softly as I was embarrassed to be in this state in front of Kyu.

“Time? It’s been 3 months already. Didn’t you found a job?” They asked.

“I’ll pay!” Kyu shouted at them and took out the watch on his wrist. “This should worth more than what he owe you.”

“No!” I got up and tried to stop Kyu but the men took it and laughed. “Yah, Kim Ryeowook. Count yourself lucky that you got a rich boyfriend.”

They left satisfied leaving Kyu and I.

“What are you doing? I don’t need your help!” I shouted at him.

“Wookie ah! Stop avoiding me, let me help you.”

“Stop treating me so nice! I will die if you continue doing this!” He grabbed me at the waist and hugged me while I struggled hard. “Let me go!”

“Wookie ah, don’t leave me. I can’t afford to lose you.” I stopped struggling. He continued “You know I love Lixu. But my feelings for you, I cannot explain. Let me help you, let me be with you.”

I continued pushing him away but he grabbed me tight. I cried and slowly, hugged him back. “Wookie ah, I know you like me. You don’t have to deny your feelings for me. I know…”

He wiped my tears with his thumb and said “Wookie ah, I’m sorry that I cannot say I love you.” I nodded sadly and turned around. He hugged me from behind.

“Sorry, wookie. Just let me remain by your side okay? I know that it’s not fair to you but don’t push me away.”

A drop of tear fell out and I nodded my head. I can’t believe that I’m the third party of my own relationship!


My comment here is a little irrelevant but did you guys see the video of Suju in SMA? I recently saw it only and i keep repeating the part where poor Yesung got cut of his speech and Wookie laughed so loud and even hugged him from behind! I wonder if our Kyu is jealous? But Minnie is the only one that did not laugh at Yeye. Because that's his husband?

Anyway... So Kyu now knows that Wookie likes him and he is sort of unsure of his feelings for him.

Wookie is his own third party!!

Thanks for reading and comments!!