Chapter 7

The Songstress...

Ryeowook’s POV

I was just a dongsaeng?

“Hi, Ryeowook! I heard a lot about you from hyung. I really want to know you.” He extended his hands and reluctantly, I took his hand and shook it.

“Wookie, are you okay? You look like in a daze.” Hyung asked me.

“I… I’m okay.” I forced a smile at them. Then, Kyuhyun finish packing the food and stood up. He grabbed my hand “I have some undone business with this boy, excuse us.” and he pulled me away.

“Yah Cho kyuhyun!” I heard hyung shouted but I am thankful that Kyuhyun pulled me out. He dragged me to the emergency staircase where there is no one else.

He broke the silence “Yah, you have liked him one-sidedly? Not even knowing he has a boyfriend?” I feel that he is mocking me now. I couldn’t take it anymore and tears start to well up my eyes. He stopped when he saw me crying.

“Er.. Ryeowook ah, I wasn’t mocking you, I…” He coouldn’t find words to console me. “Come here!” He said as he opened his arms. I did not move but he came to me to embrace me. He pat me as I continued crying.

He sang a lullaby softly for me as he hugged me tight.

“eommaga seomgunure gul ddareo gamyeon

agiga honja nama jibeul bodaga

badaga bulreo juneun jajang norae e…”

“What the next line?” He asked me.

I laughed at his silliness. “Good that you can laugh.” He released me from his arms and I wiped my tears.

“Well, let him go since he has a boyfriend.” I nodded slowly, thinking that he is quite nice after all. But he continued “From the way I see, even if you try to snatch, that Sungmin is still way better than you.” I glared at him fiercely.

“Sorry! Joking!” I pushed him away and left.


It’s night time and I’m Lixu now but my heart, is still hurting as Ryeowook. I bowed to the audience and saw Kyuhyun behind again. Hyung was sitting with Sungmin at a corner talking with their hands held. I turned to the band to say that I want to change the song to “7 years of love” and they agreed.

chilnyeoneul mannatjyo
amudo uriga ireoke
swipge ibyeolhal jureun mollatjyo
geuraedo urineun heeojyeo beoryeotjyo
gin sigan ssahawatdeon gieogeul namginchae
urin eojjeom neomu eorinnaie
seororeul manna gidaenneunji molla
byeonhaeganeun uri moseupdeureul
gamdanghagi eoryeowonneunjido
ibyeolhamyeon apeudago hadeonde….

My voice start to shake as I sang. I tried to control myself but I can’t. Tear came out again and I couldn’t continue. I turned around with my back facing the audience to wipe my tears. I bowed and left the stage. Everyone was shocked.

I ran to the backstage to grab my bag, forgetting to remove my makeup. I left the lounge via the back door. “Wookie, what’s wrong?” Hyung chased after me to grab my wrist. “I’m fine. I’m just not feeling well.” I pulled my hand away from his and left.

I walked along the street and men just keep looking at me. Some even got scolded by their girlfriends for staring at me. Then, a jacket wrapped me. It’s Kyuhyun.

“Lixu ssi, aren’t you cold?”

I ignored him and continued walking. “Why did you leave half way? Are you sick?” He touched my forehead but I pushed his hand away.

He just followed me quietly behind and I got to a park and sat at one of the benches. He sat with me..

“Leave me alone.” I said to him.

“How can I leave the person I love alone?” I turned back, pretending not to hear him. “Can I ask what’s wrong?” he asked. I did not answer him. He put his arms across my shoulder to pull me close to him.

“When will you stop making me worried about you?”

He gave me a peck on the cheek. I was surprised and looked at him. He took the chance to peck my lips, I froze. He laughed at my expression.

“You are all y and seductive on stage. But off stage, you are really so pure and naïve. Don’t tell me my kiss that day was your first kiss?”  I looked away, that’s true. “Really?” He jumped around like a little boy and hugged me tight.

I tried to push him away but he hugged me tighter. I gave up and let him hug me. “I love you…” he said to me. “I don’t know what made you so sad today, but you have me.” I closed my eyes and hugged him back. What I really need now is someone to hug me like that.

Kyuhyun ah, thank you for consoling me the whole day. No matter I’m Ryeowook or Lixu.


I find it so funny that all of you were so happy that Yesung has a boyfriend. Haha... I guess Kyuwook is above everything!

Can Kyu find Wookie in Lixu?