Chapter 1

The Songstress...

Ryeowook’s POV

It’s going to be a new start! After my Appa ran away from the debtors during the midnight, leaving omma and I to fend for ourselves, Omma and I have been constantly harassed by the collectors. I treat as if my father is dead already. He is so irresponsible.

Omma and I decided to sell our old house for just enough money to move to Seoul where I can carry on my education in university and rent a small room for both of us to live.  

“Omma, it’s midnight, where are you going?” I asked my mother when I realize that she was wearing her shoes at the door.

“Wookie ah, I’m going to work at the sauna today. You have school tomorrow, sleep.” She smiled and turned around, leaving the room. I am so useless, my mother had to work in this cold weather so that I could go to university. Tomorrow is going to be the first day of school after transfer and I hope that I can find time to work as well.


The next day, omma must be still at work as I don’t see her shoes at the door. I changed into my outfit for the day and left for my new school. The weather is cold and I’m starting to job to school to warm my body up.

I finally reached the gate and was starting to feel that this is where my life is going to change. I smiled and walked into the school. Most of the students were running into the inner hall where it would be warmer.

However, I saw a boy kneeling at the middle of the atrium without his jacket. What is he doing in such a cold weather? I walked towards him.

“What are you doing here?” I asked him. He was shivering when he looked at me with his eyes wide open like I shouldn’t be here.

“I’m receiving punishment here. You should go lest he punishes you as well.”  The boy told me sneakily.

“Mwo?” I asked and suddenly, I felt an impact at the back of my head and I fell on my knees. I touched the back of my head and it felt very cold. Someone threw a snowball at me! I turned around to see a taller boy looking at me fiercely. He must be the one who threw it at me. I got on my feet and stared back at him.

He walked towards me and his lackeys behind followed too. He stormed towards me to grab me at the collar, “How dare you talk to the person I’m punishing?” He lifted me on my toes and I struggled with my hands.

“Let me go!” I shouted and headbutt him as our faces were very close together.

“Ah!!!” I shouted in pain and let me go. His lackeys looked at me with disbelief.

“Hit him!” That boy shouted and 2 of his followers grabbed me at the arm and he kicked me in the stomach. I curled up in pain as he continued hitting me everywhere. His supporters were laughing at the side while I bit my lips trying not to shout as that would only make him happier.

Suddenly, the bell rang and he stopped. He squat beside the curled me and whispered in my ears, “I will make your life miserable here. Be prepared!” He laughed as he left me alone.

The boy who I talked to just now came to help me up after the bully left.

“That is Cho Kyuhyun. The rich bully of this school. You shouldn’t have talked to me.” The boy said apologetically.

I shooked my head and walked with the boy as my support. His name is Eunhyuk and he is my first friend in this school. But I know that he is afraid of that Kyuhyun, in case he saw that we became friends, he may bully hyuk again.

“Eunhyuk, pretend that you don’t know me when you are in school.”

“What?”

“That Kyuhyun will harass me again. I don’t want you to get into trouble.”

“But…”

“That’s it!” I insisted. Just by the first day, the whole school knows that I, the new student is marked by the bully, Kyuhyun and no one dares to talk to me.

During lectures, no one allowed me to sit beside them, eventually, I had to sit right at the back where I cannot see the lecturer too.

Finally, the torturous day is about to end and I must go look for a job. I was about to leave the school when I got tripped and fell. A string at the floor was controlled by the lackeys of that Kyuhyun. They were laughing and I saw Kyuhyun giving me his evil smirk. I stared fiercely at him and he looked back. I got on my feet quickly and ignored him, focusing on looking for my job.

I went to the nearby convenience store to get some plasters and a newspaper. I tended to my wound as I looked through the newspaper at the job section. Something caught my eyes:

“Ferntree café: Waiter needed urgently. Good Pay!” I circled this advertisement with my red marker and studied the address. I know where this is, not too far from here. I packed my stuff and jogged to the place.

I slowly opened the door to see that it is a lounge. Rather rundown and old. A middle aged women walked towards me, “Hi, we have not open for the day.”

“I saw the advertisement and would like to be a waiter here.” She smiled at me and nodded.

“Um… It’s called waiter but because our lounge is going to open in a few days time and I cannot afford to employ more people. You will have to work as a cleaner and cashier etc. Can you do it?”

I nodded vigorously. Just like that, I was employed. The lady boss ahjumma is a very nice lady and she inherited this lounge from her grandfather and it’s her first time running a business. I am glad that I am able to help her.


In school, that Kyuhyun bullied me every now and then but I would ignore him as best as I could. He is so pissed that I am not affected by him.

I was walking along the corridor when someone pulled me into the emergency staircase, closing the door. It’s Kyuhyun.

“What now?” I asked him annoyed.

“How dare you ignore my taunt?” I looked away but he leaned closer to me.

“Get away from me!” I struggled but he pressed his body nearer against me. I heard him giggling, “Scared now?” He asked.

He quickly buried his face at my neck to give me a light bite, leaving a mark at my neck. I whined in pain and stepped his feet hard and pushed him away. I rubbed the part where he hurt me and I’m sure its red by now. I stared at him fiercely “Are you crazy?”

He laughed and said “Haha… You cannot ignore me now huh?” I rolled my eyes and took a scarf out from my bag to wrap my neck to cover the mark he left behind. I left him behind. I am boiling inside but I had to rush to the lounge as it’s the opening today!

Kyuhyun’s POV

This is the first time I had to do this to someone to get his attention. What is wrong with this fellow?

“Kyuhyun!” someone opened the door of the stairway. It’s my friend Jonghyun.

“What?”

“There will be a new lounge opening tonight! I heard there will be a songstress! Let’s go see if she’s worth us bedding her!” I chuckled at his comment.

Let’s forget about that weakling for now and look for some new excitement in this songstress.

Ryeowook’s POV

I ran to my workplace and opened the door. Ahjumma was sitting at the couch covering her face with her hands.

“What happened?” I asked

“The songstress backed out. She’s supposed to come back the rival lounge opposite got her instead. What to do? So many people will be coming later and no singer…” She started to sob. I hugged her back and patted her.

“We must find a new songstress!” I said. I called the various agencies to ask for a singer to hire but none of them would want to take up the job with the limited money we have. Ahjumma was disappointed.

It’s 30 minutes left before the true opening hour and the temporary workers are getting ready for the day. Ahjumma was sitting at the corner looking very sad. Seeing how sad she is, I know I must do something.

I took a deep breath and walked into the dressing room, closing it…

Kyuhyun’s POV

“This lounge is rundown!” I complained to jonghyun and he laughed in agreement.

There were a few people seated already and a waiter gave us the menu.

This place is definitely not a place where I, the mighty Cho Kyuhyun will want to come a second time. Where is the songstress? I’m losing my patience, so is the other customers. I heard them asking the waitresses.

“It’s too long. I don’t want to stay in this place any longer.”  I told Jonghyun and stood up.

Suddenly, the lights were switched off and a spot light focused on the stage. A slim figure walked on stage, with long hair and a glittering feather hair pin. She had smoky make-up and I would say, is very beautiful, she looked familiar but I can’t explain where I saw her. I slowly returned to my seat and I could see jonghyun laughing at me.

The lady stood on the stage not doing anything, just her eyes closed. Everyone froze, focusing their gaze at her. Soon, she opened her eyes and said “Good evening ladies and gentlemen. I am Lixu, your songstress tonight. Thank you for coming and I hope you will enjoy.”

The music sounded and she started to sing. [Let’s imagine Wookie is singing 7 years of love in his voice]

Her voice was angelic, that beautiful voice suited that face and body so perfectly. She closed her eyes while singing with emotions and would open them occasionally to look at the audience. Nobody was talking, all were listening to her voice, memerised by it.

When she finished the song, everyone stood up to clap. She gave a light smile and bowed. She lifted her head up again and I suddenly felt that I caught her eyes. She was looking straight at me and I suddenly felt the heart pumping sensation which I never felt before. She frowned at me, why? She turned away immediately and left for the backstage.

Jonghyun noticed me still staring at the stage and shook me “So who’s going to bed her?”

“Me!” I smirked and jonghyun laughed like he expected.


How is it?

Hurry! Comments! Because it's the holiday so i could start a new story, but i will have to stop soon:-) So help me by commenting and subbing!