Fun Night

Something to Keep

 

Sunhee and I sat in our first period class chatting about last night. 
"Your brother is really nice, Hyunji."
"Mhm, sure he is." I cooed. I knew Sunhee had a thing for my brother and she shoved me playfully. 
 
"Okay class, let's get started." Apparently the bell rang and I didn't realize it. I glanced over my shoulder and saw that Daehyun and his friends were laughing together in their seats. Hm, guess I wasn't paying attention.
 
 
 
I didn't really feel like going off campus for lunch, so I ate lunch in my dorm room and got ahead with whatever homework that was assigned to me for tonight. After lunch, I left toward the music composition classroom. 
 
"Hey," I was greeted by Daehyun who walked in a few minutes after me. 
"Oh hey." I said to him and closed my notebook.
"You coming to the bar tonight?" He asked me as he took his seat. 
"Sure." I smiled a little. 
"Good. It's gonna be a good show tonight." Daehyun gave me a wink to which I responded with a skeptical face.
"Oh yeah? Like who? Jonghyun-sshi?" I joked. Although that would be a fun watch. Wink wink. Daehyun laughed at me.
"You really want to see him huh?" I rolled my eyes. "Because, as a matter of fact, he is going to play tonight." Daehyun smirked. I bit my lip trying to keep an uninterested expression and to hold in the girlish squeal within me. 
 
"Haha. Don't hurt yourself now." Daehyun cocked his head to the side. I shoved him playfully. 
"Just shut up." He snickered then let it go. I am really looking forward to after school now.
 
 
 
Today was Wednesday, which meant that Sunhee had club meetings, leaving me to attend the show at the bar worry free. I walked in and wrinkled my nose at the stench. The alcohol was just getting poured out from the happy hour not too long ago. I spotted Jonghyun putting on his apron behind the bar counter and walked over. I knocked twice on the table. 
 
"Annyeong~" I sang. Jonghyun turned around as he finished his knot and smiled beautifully at me. Pulls my heartstrings every time I popped my lips as they made a funny cork sound as he came over. 
 
"We meet again Miss Lee," he smiled. 
"Yes, we do. How are you?" I tried to play along with his act and raised an eyebrow.
"Hm, quite well," Jonghyun nodded. There was a moment of brief silence. Then we burst into laughter. 
"What was that?" I laughed and grasped my stomach. Jonghyun was trying to cover his mouth as he laughed, only making him look cuter.
 
"I don't even know!" He threw his arms in the air. Jonghyun put his hand on the counter and motioned for me to lean in with his hand. I did what he asked and put my head on my hands. 
"Let's exchange numbers. We should hang out." I got up. 
"Definitely." I beamed at him. We switched phones, both of us inserting our numbers. 
"Yah, let's take a selca later for caller I.D." Jonghyun suggested as he handed back my phone. 
"Yeah." I agreed. 
 
 
 
As the time drew closer to the show, the number of people increased. And with the number of people increasing, the music volume did as well. Daehyun came over and sat next to me at the bar interrupted mine and Jonghyun's chat. 
"Yo," Jonghyun said.
"Hey hyung," Daehyun responded.
"Shouldn't you be getting ready by now?" I eyed him curiously. Daehyun shook his head. 
"I never said I was performing tonight." He told me. I tilted my head in confusion. Jonghyun smiled from behind the counter and didn't say a word. 
"Then who's first?" I asked. 
"You'll see." Daehyun motioned to look over at the stage as the lights dimmed. 
 
The lights shone on a figure center stage. I tried to make out who it was as the boy stared into the crowd. Music began to play. I heard the song before. On the program "Immortal Song," which meant is was a difficult song. The boy began to sing and I still couldn't put my finger on who he was. His voice was soothing but dynamic. A different feel compared to Daehyun's voice. Soon enough his performance ended and he took a bow. The boy walked off shyly but pleased. He was coming over to the bar. 
 
"Hey!" He slapped Daehyun on the back. "That was great. I can see why you do this. How was I?" Daehyun turned his head toward me, expecting me to answer. I looked at him surprised. The boy next to him was smiling and waiting for an answer. 
"You were...just amazing." I let out with a big smile. The boy rubbed his head nervously and smiled. 
"Thanks." It was cute sight. He looked so shy and boyish. 
 
"Well, if she says you're amazing, you must have been." Jonghyun chimed in and gave him a reassuring nod.
"Tch. She said that about me too.." Daehyun scoffed. I pushed him.
"Shut up! You're both great but..." I looked over at the boy because I still didn't know his name. 
"Oh, I'm Youngjae. Sorry." He chuckled. 
"I really like your voice," I finished. Youngjae..? Then it hit me. "Youngjae! You go to our university." He smiled at the recognition. "And..you were with Daehyun when he did that prank..." I added trying to sound bitter. Youngjae's face changed from ecstatic to guilt ridden.  "Oh..that..hehe," he tried to laugh it off. I giggled. 
"Forget it." I smiled at him and waved my hand. Youngjae smiled back and nodded. 
 
"My turn." Jonghyun said and threw off his apron. I watched him get on the stage and grab an electric guitar from some guy. He stared into the crowd with a serious expression and adjusted the microphone. He started playing intricate right off the bat, making my ears perk up. Then he started to sing. It was a rock song so I didn't know it, but it was entertaining all the same. I got up with the rest of the crowd and started to cheer. Jonghyun's angelic smile crept on his face as he saw the audience enjoying his performance.
He winked once to the crowd and it made my heart go crazier than it already had from my cheering. Girls in the room screamed. The perfect reaction. Jonghyun's set ended with a loud screech of the guitar as his fingers ran down the strings. He threw his hand in the air and flicked his pick to the crowd. Unfortunately, I couldn't get it because I wasn't in the front. 
 
He came back over to the bar all sweaty from the lights and grabbed a towel. 
"How was I?" He asked the three of us. I couldn't even speak. For some reason I felt starstruck. 
"Haha. Hyunji-ah?" A hand waved over my face. I snapped out of my daze. 
"Oh ah. You were awesome Jonghyun-sshi." I tried to say cooly. He laughed and thanked me. 
"You should have seen her hyung. She was going cra-" I stopped Daehyun with my hand over his mouth. I laughed nervously and let go. I looked over at Youngjae who was laughing and grasping his forehead. 
"Geez." Daehyun said when I let go of him. I stuck out my tongue then felt my phone vibrating in my pocket. I took it out and picked it up. 
 
"Hello?" I answered covering one ear to hear. 
"Hyunji? It's omma."
"Omma? What's wrong?" I asked.
"Come to Minhyuk's hospital quick. It's important." A flurry of emotions rushed through my system as I listened to her: fear, anxiety, and uneasiness. 
"I'm on my way." I said and hung up quickly. I went back over to the bar counter for my purse and said a quick goodbye to my friends. 
 
"Wait, why are you leaving in such a rush?" Daehyun asked getting up. 
"I've got to go, sorry." I said and made my way out the door.

Hiii guys :) I miss updating...so I will try to write more! Please comment! I miss everyone's input so please do comment :) and keep telling everyone about the story!

Look at Dae's adorble dopey face...