Mistake

Something to Keep

 

I woke up the next day greeted by the warm Sunday sun. I pushed the blanket the draped over my body off of me and shielded my face from the sun's rays. 
 
"Aish!" Sunhee cursed throwing a pillow at my head. I turned around and looked at her with sleepy eyes. 
"Close the curtains! That sun is burning me," she complained. I rolled off my bed and did as she asked, to spare myself anymore whining. 
 
"Did you want to go out today?" I shuffled passed her bed, kicking it to get her attention, then went into the bathroom to wash my face. Sunhee groaned inside her pillow. 
"What's 'ugghhhh?'" I imitated her with my toothbrush in my mouth. Sunhee flailed around in her bed like a child. 
"I have chores to do. Because of our date yesterday, I put them off." Sunhee rolled on her back with her facing the ceiling and gripping onto her body pillow. "Speaking of which," she sat up, "you're going to tell me about yesterday today." I gave her a look. Sunhee sat facing with a serious expression. 
"Nothing to tell." I said. 
"Don't give me that. You're going to tell me everything," her parental speech was interrupted by her stomach's monstrous growl. "After breakfast." We both laughed. 
 
 
 
Because we were going to stay in almost all day, Sunhee and I dressed in workout clothes to eat in the cafeteria-sweatpants and a t-shirt. I tied my hair up into a messy bun and fixed the loose ends. Sunhee was dressed almost the exact same way as me, bun and all. Her shirt was just black and mine was white. 
"We're matching." I pointed out to her. She looked at me with a grin. 
"Haha, we're cute." She laughed. I took the keys to the dorm from the dresser than left with Sunhee downstairs. 
 
It was around 8 o'clock in the morning already when we head to the cafeteria. Surprisingly, no one was out and about the university. Maybe students had those infamous college parties movies always go on about. I don't even know, nor would I want to, and plus I don't care what these other students do. 
 
"So tell me about yesterday," Sunhee asked as we walked. 
"What about it?" I was trying to stall through this conversation. 
"What results did you get?" Sunhee asked in disdain. She didn't even bother lecturing me before getting information out of me. 
"Good ones," 
"Like what?" She spat. I remained silent. I honestly didn't ponder about it deeply to myself yet either. 
"It was fun,"
"I didn't ask that," 
"What was your question?" That really pissed her off. She stopped in the middle of our walk to face me. 
"Stop dodging my questions, Hyunji," Sunhee demanded, "what happened between this test date between you and Daehyun? What do you feel right now?" Sunhee stood in front of me waiting. I sighed in defeat. 
 
"I.."
"Lied." I turned around at the source of the voice. It was Daehyun.