Save the Day

Something to Keep

 

It had been about three weeks since I've been out. Out of the university I mean. Besides going to the bar every Wednesday, I didn't really leave to do anything. I was honestly getting pretty bored. Sunhee would offer going shopping on the weekends but I never had a lot of money to spend. I wasn't going to go to the mall and just watch Sunhee shop around all the time. Plus, I didn't want her to buy me more things. That's be pretty rude of me. 
 
It was a bright Saturday morning. 10 a.m. to be exact and I told Sunhee that I wanted to get of the dorm room and do something, anything. 
"Yeah, I'm tired of drawing these club posters." She retorted flinging the sharpie in her hand aside. 
"Yeah and I'm getting a headache from that smell," I waved my hand over my nose at the intoxicating scent. 
"Let me change really quick and we can do..whatever I guess," she giggled at the last part. I nodded and got up from my bed to ready myself as well. 
 
I changed into something simple and comfortable. I wore the sweater Sunhee bought me since the weather was perfect for it. I put on my leggings and wore my black studded high-tops. I didn't want to wear my new silver shoes I bought that same day, to prevent from dirtying them up or anything. 
 
"Yo, I'm ready," Sunhee came out of the bathroom after doing her makeup. "Hey, that's the sweater I bought you." She pointed out. I chuckled at her. 
"Yup," I posed with a v-sign, "I'll take the bathroom for a second then we'll go." I proceeded to the bathroom and started to put on my bb cream. I tied my hair up into a messy bun then lotioned my hands before walking out. "Okay, let's go." I said and grabbed my purse. 
 
 
 
Sunhee and I walked, with our arms linked, out the girls' dorm building. We stopped after the door closed behind us not knowing what to do next. 
"Uh hm, where were we going to go again?" Sunhee scratched her head. I blew a raspberry lazily not knowing the answer to her question myself. 
"I don't know," I sighed. 
"Let's um, go to the library?" Sunhee suggested half-heartedly. We both knew neither of us wanted to go, but what else was there to do? I didn't have a lot of money on me and Sunhee had a limit on her credit card. 
"I guess. We're such nerds," I laughed. Sunhee laughed along too but shrugged her shoulders. 
 
We reached the library feeling a bit unenthusiastic. We seriously couldn't find anything better to do. Before we walked in, someone called my name. 
"Hyunji!" I turned around and saw Youngjae waving at me with Daehyun by his side. Are they always together? It sure seemed like it. It was cute, them and their little bromance. 
 
"Hey guys," I moved away from the door waving back. Sunhee followed behind me quietly.
"What's up?" Youngjae asked. 
"We were just going to the library, as you can tell," I motioned all over the building by encircling the shape with my hands. 
"Really? That's boring," Daehyun said with his hands in his pockets and stuck his tongue out. 
"You're boring," I snapped back to mess around. We narrowed our eyes at each for a second then laughed together. Youngjae rolled his eyes with a goofy smile on his face. 
 
"Hey, I'm Sunhee," Sunhee introduced herself to Youngjae while Daehyun and I watched. 
"Hi there. I'm Youngjae and that's Daehyun," he jerked his head in Daehyun's direction which was next to me. 
"Oh. You guys are the ones who played that date joke on Hyunji." Sunhee recalled pointing to the two boys left and right. 
"Is that how you labeled us Hyunji-ah?" Youngjae said in an accused tone. I giggled and lifted my arms in surrender. 
"Sorry, but that is how we met remember?" Daehyun next to me rubbed the back of his neck and Youngjae puffed up his cheeks. 
 
"How about this: you can come with us to the arcade to spare yourselves from anymore boredom as it is?" Youngjae proposed. Sunhee and I looked at him judgingly for his arrogance. 
"Pssh, we don't need you to entertain us," I scoffed at him. 
"Well, it's not like you have anything better to do than read," he sniggered. He got us there. Sunhee and I both knew we didn't want to be at the library. 
"C'mon, just come." Daehyun chimed in motioning his head urging us to tag along. In the end we gave up and went with the two boys. Youngjae walked  alongside Sunhee, putting his arm out to let her ahead first. I giggled at the scene when I saw Sunhee slightly blush at him. Daehyun had his arm on his hip opened for me to link arms with him. I did so comfortably and skipped with him childishly to catch up to my two friends ahead. 

Any Youngjae fans here? ;)