Was It A Lie?

Something to Keep

 

Daehyun's POV
 
I groaned loudly into my pillow at the noise in the morning. Youngjae was complaining about being hungry. It was so early too! 
"Breakfast! Breakfast! Let's eat breakfast!" He sang.
"Shut up!" I yelled. 
"I say choco you say ice cream. Choco,"
"Shut up,"
"Ice cream. I say vanilla you say ice cream. Vanilla,"
"Shut up." 
"Ice cream. Yea..." He finally stopped. Youngjae slapped my head with a pillow, attempting to get me up. 
"Who the hell eats ice cream for breakfast?" I growled. I heard Youngjae laugh mischievously. What an annoying guy..
 
Eventually I did get out of bed, submitting to Youngjae's incessant nagging. I trudged to the bathroom to wash my face and brush my teeth. 
"Hey, we have practice later." Youngjae called from a room away. 
"Uh huh," I answered wiping my wet face. I grabbed a random pair of pants from my dresser and changed into them replacing my sleeping pants. I didn't bother changing my shirt until practice. 
"Okay! Let's. Go. Eat. Breakfast!" Youngjae yelled starting to get into another song. I grabbed the dorm keys then hit the back of Youngjae's leg with my foot. 
"Shut up already!" 
 
 
I put my jacket hood on, feeling the cool morning breeze. The sun shone brightly above the university campus, making me squint my eyes at the brightness. Youngjae and I made our way to the school's cafeteria. He started rushing me whenever his stomach would start grumbling, which is like every two minutes. 
 
On the way to the cafeteria, I saw Hyunji and Sunhee ahead of us going the same way. I perked up at the sight of Hyunji. She was dressed in black sweatpants and a white t-shirt, looking like she was going to a dance practice. Her hair was tied up in a bun and I caught her bite her lip. Wow, she looked so pretty, even so early in the morning. I smiled seeing her. Youngjae nudged me. I forgot he was right next to me. 
 
"Yah, what are you so happy about?" He looked ahead of us and saw the two girls. 
"Oh," he chuckled at me. I "tched" at my friend and ignored him. I started walking faster ahead of Youngjae, in order to get closer to Hyunji. 
"Hey! Oh now you start moving faster!" He called from behind me. I was several feet away from Sunhee and Hyunji. 
 
"Stop dodging my questions, Hyunji," I heard Sunhee say. I stood curiously behind them in my place, not want to intrude in their conversation. 
"what happened resulted from this test date between you and Daehyun?" My ears caught the sound of my name. 
 
"Test date?" What does that mean? I thought. Then it clicked. 
Did she set that whole thing up yesterday? I was confused by my own thoughts. Hyunji wouldn't do that right?
 
"What do you feel right now?" Sunhee asked her. I moved in closer to hear what she was going to say. There was a long pause between the two. I mentally scoffed-feeling frustrated and betrayed. She played me. Hyunji sighed deeply and opened to speak. 
 
"I.."
"Lied." I interjected. Hyunji turned around at my voice and looked at me with wide eyes. Sunhee imitated her friend's reaction, except she looked both embarrassed and regretful. Hyunji looked at me silent. 
"Everything yesterday was an act wasn't it?" I asked. Hyunji shook her head. 
"N-no. It wasn't an act." She stuttered. 
"But you asked me out knowing I'd say yes." She pressed her lips in a firm line, unable to respond. 
"You knew my feelings for you and went along with this 'test date.'" 
"I did." She admitted. I looked away for a second. I couldn't believe she actually admitted that. I hoped with all my heart it wasn't true. But was this really all a lie? She didn't feel the same way as me. 
 
"And you went along with it? Knowing my feelings for you? You didn't think about what I felt when you called me? How I felt when you asked me out? Nothing about me crossed your mind?" I asked in a cold tone. A whole snarl of thoughts went through my mind. I just couldn't comprehend anything right now. 
 
Hyunji remained silent. She looked at me blankly. She didn't know how react. She really didn't think of how I could possibly react. Because she didn't think of me. 
 
I sighed heavily. I wasn't angry but more frustrated and confused. I looked at Sunhee who gave me a look of understanding. I read through what she wanted me to do. I blinked slowly then glanced at Hyunji. She gave me a nervous look not knowing how to handle the situation. I walked off back to Youngjae putting my hand on his shoulder, motioning him to follow. 
 
"Let's go to practice."

Whoa! :O Hi guys! I haven't talked for a while (in a note). Hyunji is so selfish right?! Ugh, stupid girl. Everyone have faith in Daehyun; he isn't stupid ;)

Did you enjoy the updates? I hope so :) Thank you everyone for your comments, for subscribing, and for reading!! ^_^ <3