Life of the Party

Something to Keep

 

"What's gonna happen in...three minutes?" I asked Jonghyun as I took a chip and dipped it in the dip. 
"You'll see." Jonghyun smirked a bit and took a chip from my plate. 
"Yah!" I yelled playfully and slapped his hand. He chuckled and poked my head. 
"Hey, this is on me, so you better let me have some."
"Oh jinjja? Thanks!" I smiled brightly. Jonghyun smiled angelically, and the lights started to dim.
 
I spun my chair so that I was facing the stage, waiting for something to happen. The stage was dark. Then the light slowly shined on the center, revealing a person at the mic. Daehyun. He looked at the crowd with his intense eyes, getting into the mood of the song. He started slow and soft just like the song. I watched him intently, realizing I couldn't understand what he was singing. The song was in English. Suddenly the melody and tempo changed and it brought a more lively sound- like R&B. Daehyun's voice matched the song perfectly-changing from soft to dynamic. Soon enough the set was finished, and the crowd went crazy as the room was filled with the clamor of hands. I turned around to the bar again. Jonghyun gave me a face wondering what I thought. 
 
"That...that was amazing." For lack of a better word. Truthfully, it was completely unexpected. 
"Yup. Daehyun sure is the life of the party." Jonghyun said, laughing a little. The seat next to me made a thud sound. Obviously someone was sitting in it. 
 
"How was I hyung?" A male's voice asked. Shoot It was Daehyun's. I turned slightly to the side and quietly sipped my drink. I couldn't let him find out I followed him to this place .
"Great as always. Maybe you should start dancing too. Stop singing only ballads." Jonghyun advised Daehyun. 
"Ha. No," he scoffed,"I'm best at singing. But I'll see. Maybe I'll try a change." He paused for a moment, making me pretty nervous. What if he noticed me?
 
"Who's this hyung?" I assumed he was talking about me. Jonghyun peeked under my hair, wondering what was wrong with me. 
"Yah, are you okay?" Jonghyun patted my shoulder. I nodded not wanting to speak. 
"Hyunji?" .
"Hyunji?!" It was Daehyun's turn to be shocked. He spun my chair around so were staring each other in the face. I smiled awkwardly. 
"Hi.." He blinked once.
"What are you doing here?" He paused, then pointed a finger at me. "Did you follow me here!?" He exclaimed. I was at a loss for words. What could I say to cover up what I really had been doing, which was following him here. 
 
"I.." I stuttered. Both Daehyun's and Jonghyun's attention were on me. I sighed. "I wanted to see if it was you yesterday. And it was." 
"You followed me the whole time?" 
"No, I was on my way to a different place. But I saw you at the crosswalk and.." My voice trailed off. Why am I bothering to explain all of this? I shook my head. 
 
"Nevermind. All I wanted to know was if it was you and it was so I'm done here." I stood up quickly and left some money on the counter for my drinks. 
"Ah, wait!" I heard someone yell behind me, but I walked out quickly not looking back. 
 
 
 
I took a taxi to the hospital, even though it was only a 15 minute walk away from the bar. I felt unusually exhausted. Spending some time with my brother would do me some good. I couldn't wait to just fall in his arms, in his annoyingly comfortable hospital bed.
 
 
I arrived at the hospital at 7:15. Fifteen minutes later than I said would come. Hopefully Minhyuk wouldn't hold that against me.
 
I opened the door to his room with the take out food in my hands. 
"Lee Hyunji!" Someone yelled. I jumped a bit in shock and gripped the bag. "Why are you late?" Minhyuk asked me with his arms crossed and a pout on his face. I rolled my eyes and put the food down to give Minhyuk a kiss on the cheek. 
 
"Sorry. I was held up." I apologized. His friends stood up to greet me and one of them went straight to the bag with food. 
"Noona, is this for us?" Sungjae asked me. 
"Yeah. Go ahead." I waved my hand toward the food and he smiled. 
"Thank you!" All six of them said to me. I giggled and sat next to Minhyuk, resting my head on his chest. He rubbed my head soothingly.
 
"Long day?" He moved a piece of hair away to see my face. I sighed heavily. I could feel my head pounding from being in that bar. I nuzzled my head deeper into Minhyuk's chest.

hi :) I haven't said anything in a while hehe