Running Around

Something to Keep

 

Youngjae and I walked into the bar and looked for Jonghyun behind the counter. He was wiping a glass clean with a fresh towel, dressed in a bright new apron. He probably just started his shift. I slid into one of the revolving chairs, spinning and almost stumbling off. Youngjae had his hand against my shoulders saving me. I let out a nervous chuckle and looked at him with thanks. Jonghyun eyed the two of us surprised then pointed at us suspiciously. 
 
"Are you two-" Jonghyun started. 
"No." Youngjae and I said in unison. Jonghyun put his hands up in surrender. 
"Okay, okay." I didn't want to waste any time at the bar- not that I didn't like chatting with Jonghyun- but I had to find Daehyun ASAP to get this heavy guilt feeling off my chest (hopefully). Youngjae nudged me when I was about to open my mouth to speak, and I nudged him back. Jonghyun slammed his hand on the table. 
"Seriously you two, if you're going to do this, go over there." He motioned to a different table. 
"No hyung. Geez." Youngjae grumbled. 
"Jonghyun-ah," I ignored the two males. "Did Daehyun come by here?" Jonghyun titled his head as he thought. 
"I wouldn't know. Maybe he did. I barely started my shift thirty minutes ago." He said. I leaned my head back in annoyance. 
"Can you call the dorm again Youngjae?" I asked looking at his face upside-down. Youngjae nodded and dialed the number. He scrunched up his lips and shook his head to no avail. I stood up from my seat and goodbye to Jonghyun before leaving. 
 
I swung the bar door open groaning in frustration. Youngjae came up beside me and draped one of his jackets over me. I looked up at him and smiled, shivering a bit into the jacket. I pulled my arms through, the ends crumpling up due to the large size. 
"It's 5:30. The guys should be meeting up soon for practice," Youngjae said. "Daehyun will definitely be there if not anywhere else Hyunji." I nodded at him and flagged a taxi.
 
Youngjae and I came out of the car one after the other then walked through the gates of the university. No one was really walking around, but I saw people coming out of the gym and the library. Homework and sport purposes obviously. Youngjae tapped my arm slightly to grab my attention then led me toward the auditorium. 
 
"How often do you guys go there?" I asked Youngjae. 
"Hm, twice a week. Sunday and Monday." He said. 
"Ah. What for exactly?" Youngjae sniggered mischievously at my question.
"It's a secret. Sorry Hyunji," he ruffled my hair, messing it up, and earning a glare from me. I whined like a child at his actions then messed up his own hair. 
"You guys have too many secrets!" I said. Youngjae shrugged his shoulders as we continued on our way. 
 
When we reached, I started feeling nervous all of a sudden. I grabbed Youngjae's arm, stopping him in front me. 
"What's wrong?" He asked with a tinge of concern. 
"What..what if he's in there?" I murmured. 
"Well, isn't that what were hoping for?" He chuckled. I let my gaze meet Youngjae's eyes. 
"I'm scared.." 
"Scared of what? Seeing Daehyun? C'mon Hyunji." Youngjae looked at me skeptically, titling his head. I narrowed my eyes at him for looking down on me and I released my grip on him. "I'm going in first. I'm supposed to be there anyways." He shrugged. "So come in whenever. But don't take too long," Youngjae waved his finger in my face then used it to poke my forehead. I pouted at him before he left me alone behind the auditorium doors. 
 
I closed my eyes and sighed, letting out a deep breathe to calm my nerves. I'd been standing behind the door for about fifteen minutes now. Whenever I tried to step forward, I would step back, changing my mind on what I was going to say to Daehyun. I was being such a drama queen. Youngjae already told me Daehyun wasn't angry, but for some reason, I couldn't fully believe him. The cold, hard expression Daehyun gave me that day he found out, clouded the thoughts and possibility that Daehyun wasn't angry with me. 
 
I leaned against the threshold of the door, staring at the ceiling. Suddenly the door opened next to me, a person walking out. A towel draped over his head, shielding his face. I blew a raspberry when the person walked out. I picked myself off the wall lazily.
 
"Youngjae-ah!" I yelled. The guy jumped then finally faced me with a startled expression. 
"Hyunji?"

I'm sorry everyone. I know this chapter was disappointing. So bad at building up suspense lol. I'll make it up to you by updating everyday for the next seven days (hopefully) because I'm on Spring Break!! Yay!