Subtle Confession

Something to Keep

 

I hopped out of the walk in closet inside the dorm room trying to put one shoe on. I stumbled my way to my dresser to comb my hair quickly and fix myself up one last time. Nodding satisfied at my reflection, I grabbed my tiny purse with my cell phone and some cash then left the room. 

I was in a rush to leave because Jonghyun called me saying there would be an exciting performance tonight at the bar. I assumed he would be the one performing since he hadn't made a comeback on that stage for a good few months now.
--
(a/n: this is in omniscient POV)

(One hour earlier)

"Okay, after my band's performance, you'll be right after. Got it?" Jonghyun explained to Daehyun who nodded with a determine face. Youngjae rubbed his hands together in excitement. 
"This'll definitely capture her heart," he beamed. 
"What are you going to sing?" Jonghyun asked. Daehyun wet his lips.
"I'm..not too sure yet," his two friends hung their heads in desperation. "I'm thinking about it!" Daehyun complained. Youngjae draped his hand over his friend's shoulder. 
"Could you be any less romantic bro?" He shook Daehyun. 
"I don't do..romantic stuff. Especially like this," Jonghyun smirked to himself at the confused younger. (This kid.)

"Okay, when you sing, look at her at first," Jonghyun noted. Daehyun's attention was fixed on his hyung's words. "Then look at the rest of the crowd for..maybe a second. Then back to her. Leave your eyes on her the rest of the stage." He finished. Daehyun and Youngjae furrowed their eyebrows. 

"Doesn't that seem weird?" Daehyun asked completely bewildered. Jonghyun sighed. He tapped his hand on the table twice, earning innocent stares from the boys. 
"Watch me."
--

When I reached, there was already a huge line at the door. Was some idol group going to appear or something? It was longest line (and the only line) I've ever seen at this bar. I didn't want to cut in front of everyone but I went to the security guard, who I knew well by now, and asked him what was going on. 
(a/n: "samchon" means uncle if you didn't know)

"Samchon, what's the occasion?" I asked. I could already hear rude comments from the people behind me for going up to the front. All I could was ignore them for talking that way. Although I was really tempting to shove one them for trying to yank me away. 

"A popular band here is going to perform. Did you come to watch?" He explained to me in an attempt to yell over the people behind me. 
"Nae, Jonghyun called me." I told him. The man let me through and helps me through the impatient crowd. "Thank you samchon!" I waved and bowed politely to him in thanks. He saluted me and returned to his duty in keeping the line under control. 

Inside the bar, it was decorated differently. There were posters of the band taped to all the walls and young women took them down. The lights were flashing blue on the stage at the already set instruments without their musicians. I made my way to the bar and waited for Jonghyun to keep me company. 

"Hey there," Jonghyun came over from behind the counter and through the tiny door. "Here to watch me in my element?" He took the seat next to me, giving me a cute grin. 
"Oh? I thought your specialty was mixing drinks?" I joked. 
"Haha, that's just one of them." 

"Hyung," someone came from behind Jonghyun putting a hand on his shoulder. My eyes widened in shock at the boy's height. And he was younger than Jonghyun? "Oh, hi. I'm Jungshin." He greeted me casually. I nodded and introduced myself as well. Two more followed after Jungshin, who's names were Yonghwa- who was the real leader- and Minhyuk. Why was everyone in Jonghyun's band so handsome?
"Watch us well okay Hyunji-sshi?" Yonghwa gave me a cute smile and a thumbs up before walking away to the stage. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q7LwW5JEBss

The performance was definitely stunning. I could still hear my ears ringing from their song. It was exhilarating. 

Next up was Daehyun and I was already pumped from the performance before. 

Daehyun walked on stage and took hold of the mic stand. He looked out across the stage briefly before his eyes landed on me. I smiled when I had his attention but he didn't react. He only kept his gaze on me. 

The song started to play and he broke our eye contact as he slowly closed his eyes. I knew right away he was getting into the song. 

Daehyun's performance was coming to a close and I was, for lack of a better word, hooked. Everything about the performance was captivating. The song and it's lyrics, Daehyun's voice. You could hear the passion whenever he would sing. And the one thing that kept my attention on him was his eyes. Daehyun's gaze was fixed on me during his whole performance except for when he closed them at the start of the song. It felt like he was singing the song to me. 

Daehyun came off the stage and toward where I was sitting at the bar, greeting Jonghyun and Youngjae with a nod. 
"How was I?" I opened my mouth to say something but Daehyun cut me off. 
"Amazing?" He laughed when he quoted my usual response. 
"Uh huh, sure." I said rolling my eyes at his arrogance. 

But I'm not going to lie, my heart was racing when he smiled at me.