Missed

Something to Keep

 

I woke up five minutes before my alarm clock was set to go off. (Don't you just hate that?) I yawned, rubbing the sleep away from my eyes before crawling out of bed. Sunhee was still sound asleep in the bed across from mine. I slipped on my slippers, grabbed my towel, and head to the bathroom for a shower. 
 
When I stepped out, towel wrapped around my head, Sunhee was pulling clothes out of her dresser and laying them out on the bed. 
"'Morning," 
"Good morning," we greeted each other briefly before she occupied the bathroom. 
 
As the two of us got dressed, Sunhee's iPod was playing music. Her playlist was full of American hip hop and Korean music. A very weird combination but it got us pumped up and energized for the day. (We even sang along) 
"So, what did I miss yesterday?" I asked my friend. 
"For history, we have a project. Want to be partners?"
"Of course," I said in a slight sarcastic tone, "that's all?" 
"All the big important stuff I know of." Sunhee finished. I nodded and threw some random jewelry to my outfit and left for the first class. 
 
 
 
Sunhee and I came to history class together as usual but not at the same time as usual. We stopped to get a yummy breakfast at the school's food court. (Muffins!) When we walked into class, we were greeted by the teacher handing us a piece of paper. We each took one and proceeded to our seats. 
 
The board was almost completely filled with instructions. I didn't know what for, but I was guessing that's what the paper he gave us was for. 
 
The bell rang signaling the beginning of class; the teacher clapped his hands together gathering everyone's attention. 
"Today I'm going to a meeting. The substitute teacher will be here soon. While I'm gone, you are to either work on your project or do the worksheet I gave you," The teacher waved the worksheet around in his hand. "Regardless, that worksheet is due when I get back tomorrow." The class groaned in unison at the teacher's announcement. One of the students even threw his paper in the air, only to catch it again. Our teacher nodded in mischievous content then remembered something. 
 
"Ah, Hyunji-sshi, please come down and receive your missed paperwork." I went down as instructed while he motioned for everyone to get to work. He gave me the rubric for the project Sunhee told me about and the list of homework due by the end of the week. 
 
When I was about to bow and leave back to my seat, the wooden door of the classroom slid open slowly and a figure crept in. Everyone turned their attention to the intruders. 
"Well, well, well. And here I thought you all ditched," the teacher sneered. "I don't feel like dealing with you. Pali," he shooed the boys to their seats and I followed to my seat as well. I nudged Daehyun who walked alongside me on the way up, giving him a "tsk" motion with my fingers. He rolled his eyes as a small grin crept on his face. 
 
"Oh, hello," the teacher spoke yet again. "Annyeonghaesaeyo," A young male's voice sang in the classroom. I heard the girls in my class swoon over the guy and the males scoff at the reactions. Our history teacher motioned around the board for the substitute to take notice of, bid all of us farewell, then left the room with a briefcase. The latter of the class went back to whatever it is they were working on. 
 
 
All my other classes handed me missed paperwork, adding to my long list of things to do after school.
 
I was walking on my way to music composition class while reading all my assignment papers. Being the super clumsy person I am, I tripped over the pavement and nearly dropped my papers. Luckily, someone caught them mid-air. I looked at the mysterious person and bowed quickly. 
 
"Whoa, sorry about that," I apologized. I don't why I apologized when I should have thanked the guy. He laughed at my mistake and slid the papers deeper into my hands.
"You're sorry for tripping?" 
"Ha, sorry for being clumsy," I chuckled. I took a closer look at the guy and recognized his face. "Hey, you're the one from the arcade!" I had my little "ah-ha" moment. The guy nodded with a shy smile on his face and tried to cover it with his hand. 
"You remember me?" He asked. I nodded. He was so bright and shy. So cute and innocent. 
"Wait, why are you here? Shouldn't you be in school?" I narrowed my eyes suspiciously at Jongup. His eyes widened and lips pursed at my accusation. 
"Ani, noona. My school is here for a field trip. College scouting." He explained. I nodded my head in understanding and remembered I should be going to class. 
 
"Oh, I have to leave for class now Jongup-sshi," 
"Let me walk you," he offered. I smiled and accepted, walking alongside him on the way to my next class. 
 
 
 
We walked in the class together where I saw Daehyun already in his seat accompanied by Youngjae. I gave the two of them a small wave and let Jongup enter behind me. The two older boys sat up in shock at the sight of their dongsaeng. 
"Yah, Moon Jongup. Are you ditching?" Youngjae demanded sounding like a mother scolding her child. I decided to repay the young boy by defending him. 
"Saem, is it okay if this student observes this class?" I asked my lazy music comp. teacher who laid back in his chair. 
"Nae, I need his field trip slip as proof though." Jongup went over to the teacher while I went over to my desk, leaning on the surface. 
"Okay, sit wherever," I heard the teacher tell Jongup before the bell rang. 
 
 
 
After the lesson, I was given even more homework from my teacher; I took it bitterly then bowed. 
 
"Ugh, I hate homework," I flung my papers on my desk. Both Daehyun and Jongup laughed a bit at my misfortune. 
"Why were you absent yesterday?" Daehyun asked. 
"Why? Did you miss me?" I by poking his forehead. Jongup eyed Daehyun closely. 
"Yes," Daehyun replied innocently. I sneered at him and stuck out my tongue.
"Tch, whatever." I laughed and we continued our homework in class.
 
--
 
I made my way to the dorm quickly so I could finish a share of homework for the day before going to bed.
 
"Whoa, you have to do all of this by tomorrow?" Sunhee looked at me wide-eyed, tapping my stack of books. I didn't look away from my current assignment when I answered. 
"No. I have two days to finish all of it. But I have tomorrow's homework to worry about, too." I took a swig of my iced coffee (which wasn't doing me any good) then returned to writing. Sunhee flinched at my response, pitying my situation.
"Don't overwork yourself. Good night," Sunhee patted my back. 
 
 
Around 10 o'clock, my hand started to ache; I dropped my pencil and massaged my hand,  deciding to stop my work for the day and get some rest. I changed into my pajama pants and put on a tank top. Before turning the lights out, I wrote inside my journal. Something I made to do to whenever anything interesting, annoying, exciting, or whatever I felt like writing about happened. 
 
Dear Minhyuk oppa, 
I had so much homework today! >.< And it's all your fault :P As of right now, it's 10:15 p.m. and I'm writing you this letter before I go to sleep. 
 
Good night oppa. I hope you feel my wrath in your dreams. Hehe <3 
 
Love, Hyunji-ah

Hello :) I'm sorry I haven't updated for a few days. Hopefully this chapter makes up for it. I know it's kind of boring right now because this is background stuff that leads into something later, so please bare with it. 

Thanks for reading ^_^